WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1400.4 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
THE MOST INCREDIBLY AWESOME LASAGNA/LASAGNE!
I came up with this after trying to duplicate lasagna I fell in love with at a Christmas party. I had some of the details/ingredients, but not the exact recipe. If you don't like ricotta cheese, like a creamy lasagna or just want to try something different, give this a whirl! PLEASE don't substitute anything...it just won't come out the same.
Provided by Karen..
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make the Bechamel Sauce:.
- Heat the cream and milk in the microwave until it is hot, but not boiling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the hot cream and milk. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, continuing to whisk, 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until fairly thick. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. (I use about 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper).
- Directions for Assembling the Lasagna:.
- In a deep lasagna pan begin layering with thin layer of red sauce.
- Add first layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- Then add layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and béchamel sauce (about 1 cup). Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer a third of the mozzarella.
- Add second layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- Then add another layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and béchamel sauce (about 1 cup). Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer a third of the mozzarella.
- Add third layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- Then add another layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and remaining béchamel sauce. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer remaining mozzarella.
- Add fourth and final layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top. Then top with red sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Cover top of lasagna dish with cover or foil.
- Place assembled lasagna dish into oven for 50 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove cover and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to settle for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.4, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 16.1, Cholesterol 84.3, Sodium 739, Carbohydrate 18.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 10.4, Protein 12.9
Want to know how to make lasagna for a casual holiday meal? You can't go wrong with this deliciously rich meat lasagna recipe. My grown sons and daughter-in-law request it for their birthdays, too. -Pam Thompson, Girard, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Drain., Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally., In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt., Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 2 cups meat sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles and a third of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce and cheeses (dish will be full)., Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 1013mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
AWESOME LASAGNA (NO-BOIL, EASY)
This is a really good basic lasagna recipe. It's based on one I found somewhere, but I've tweaked it quite a bit to suit my own tastes. I like it as written with italian sausage, but you can substitute ground beef if you must.
Provided by jaynine
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large pan, brown italian sausage; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, water, garlic and italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, parsley and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour about 1 cup of the sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce; cover with about 1 cup sauce.
- Spread 1/2 the cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
BOB'S AWESOME LASAGNA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef, onions, salt and garlic salt until meat is brown. Drain excess fat, add spaghetti sauce to beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of sauce mixture over noodles. Layer 1/3 of the cottage cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella over the cottage cheese. Repeat this layering process until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.9 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Cholesterol 54.3 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 983.7 mg, Sugar 8 g
Family recipe with a little jazz!
Provided by April Armstrong
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Brown ground beef. Add any spices you might like, ie. minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper. I usually add all of these spices while cooking the beef. After ground beef is throughly cooked, drain and mix spaghetti sauce together in large bowl. Use your preference of sauce. If you like a more meaty sauce you less and vice versa. Set aside.
- 2. I like to use oven ready lasagna noodles (less prep time but more cooking time). However, if you are using the traditional noodles, prepare as package tells you. While your noodles are cooking, prepare your white sauce.
- 3. For the white sauce, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of feta in a sauce pan. Heat until everything is melted to a creamy sauce. Be careful not to let this burn. - Noodles should be done by this time - Set noodles aside on wax paper - so they do not stick to one another.
- 4. Time for layering your ingredients. Start with 1/4 cup of meat sauce on bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Next a layer of noodles. Layer of meat sauce. Layer of white sauce. Layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle some feta. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Sometimes I change up the layers just for fun. There really is no wrong way to do this. The very top should be mostly mozzarella and feta.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350. If you are using oven-ready noodles make sure to top your dish with tin foil so your cheese does not burn. Cook for alloted time on package. Make sure to uncover your dish the last 10-15 minutes to get a nice golden brown to your cheese. If you pre-cooked your noodles you should be fine without covering and cooking for 35 minutes. Everything is cooked, you just need time to head throughly and brown your cheese.
- 6. Once out of the oven. Let your dish set 10 minutes before serving. This gives cheese time to set and you will be able to serve the lasagna better without it being a runny mess. Enjoy!!
More about "awesome lasagna recipes"
EASY LASAGNA RECIPE (NO NEED TO BOIL THE NOODLES!)
4.7/5 (50)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianCalories 383 per serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef and sausage together. Drain off and discard any fat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (11)Calories 736 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and onion. Sauté until tender and add the ground beef and sausage. Cook and crumble until brown and cooked throughout. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar, and basil. Let simmer on low heat.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
THE MOST AMAZING LASAGNA RECIPE
4.9/5 (364)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 834 per serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces. Add in onion and garlic and cook until meat is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, fresh basil, fennel, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and wine*. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Pour hot tap water directly over the noodles, making sure the pasta is completely immersed in the water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain and discard water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna.
THE MOST DELICIOUS, AWESOME LASAGNA - LA BELLA VITA CUCINA
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 1
- Add ground beef and Italian sausage and cook until browned, stirring and chopping the meat so that it is fine and not clumpy.
AWESOME 100% PALEO LASAGNA RECIPE | PALEO NEWBIE
Reviews 173Servings 6Cuisine ItalianCategory Entree
- In a large pot, add 2 tsp of olive oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat, or until onions are tender
BASIC + AWESOME VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
4.8/5 (31)Calories 890 per servingCategory Pasta
- Place the mushrooms, walnuts, and zucchini in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the mixture is very finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat this process with garlic, onion, and carrots.
- Heat butter or olive oil over medium high heat. Add your chopped veggies along with the spices. Sauté for 7-10 minutes until very soft and fragrant. Add tomato sauce and salt; stir to combine. Taste and adjust! Your seasoning amounts will depend on your brand of sauce.
- Start with spreading a layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Then, layer in the following order for each layer: a few noodles, 1 cup sauce, a few dollops of mascarpone, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and repeat (I usually get 4 layers out of this amount). End with noodles, sauce, cheese, and dollops of extra sauce on top to make it pretty.
LASAGNA EGG ROLLS RECIPE CRISPY FRIED AWESOME | BEST ...
Ratings 2Calories 122 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
- Cook & Portion Lasagna: Cook the lasagna and then let cool to at least room temperature or use leftover lasagna. Cut into small slices about 2 Tablespoons in volume.
- Rolling: Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add the 2 Tablespoons piece of the lasagna filling to each wrapper. Add about 2 teaspoons of shredded cheese on top. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (watch the video in the post above to see how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Frying: Fill large frying pan with about 1/2-inch of vegetable oil and heat oil to about 350°F/175°C. Carefully add egg rolls to frying pan, without crowding the egg rolls in the pan (they will stick together if placed too close. Fry the egg rolls in batches if needed). Fry each side of the egg rolls for about 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown (try to keep the oil temperature at about 350°F/175°C). Remove and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Allow to cool a little (the filling will be super hot right after frying), and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
A SIMPLE VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE | THE AWESOME GREEN
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, PastaCalories 450 per serving
- Cook over medium heat,stirring frequently, until all the liquids evaporated. Transfer in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the diced carrot and garlic into the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat,stirring frequently.
7 AWESOME LASAGNA RECIPE IDEAS | LASAGNA RECIPE, RECIPES ...
7 pins949 followers
TERESA'S AWESOME LASAGNA - BIGOVEN.COM
4.9/5 (26)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 mins
AWESOME 100% PALEO LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AWESOME LASAGNA (NO-BOIL, EASY) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEANN'S AWESOME LASAGNA RECIPE | LASAGNE RECIPES, BARILLA ...
EASY AWESOME LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
AWESOME LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
AWESOME LASAGNA - BIGOVEN.COM
AWESOME LASAGNA SANS CHEESE RECIPES
120 AWESOME LASAGNA IDEAS IN 2021 | LASAGNA, COOKING ...
LASAGNA RECIPES: 5 AWESOME CHOICES FROM VEGGIE TO …
MOM'S AWESOME LASAGNA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make homemade lasagna?The Most Amazing Lasagna Recipe is the best recipe for homemade Italian-style lasagna. The balance between layers of cheese, noodles, and homemade bolognese sauce is perfection! In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces.
How do you cook uncooked lasagna with uncooked noodles?Arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce; cover with about 1 cup sauce. Spread 1/2 the cheese filling over sauce. Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
What kind of cheese do you put in Lasagna?There are three kinds of cheese in this recipe. First you have the classic lasagna filling of ricotta cheese. Use whole milk ricotta cheese in this recipe for best results. The second cheese is sliced mozzarella. We like to get our mozzarella sliced at the deli counter in our grocery store.
How to make lasagna with ricotta cheese and egg?In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a deep 9x13 pan. To assemble, spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 4 noodles on top.