- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch glass pie plate.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Pat dry on paper towels and crumble the bacon. Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in the pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir the milk, eggs, baking mix, and pepper with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 138.9 mg, Fat 26.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 724.7 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
IMPOSSIBLY EASY BACON PIE
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pie plate.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients until blended; pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 650 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1 g
ONION AND CHEESE PIE
Quickly and easily crush crackers into crumbs by sealing them in a plastic food-storage bag and pounding with your hand.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter; press evenly in bottom and up side of pie plate.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions in butter 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until light brown. Spread onions in crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat milk, salt, pepper and eggs with fork or wire whisk until blended; pour over cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato and onion. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 170 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
ONION, CHEESE, AND BACON TART
- For crust:
- Blend flour and salt in processor. Add butter and shortening; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and process until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 11-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of pan. Pierce crust all over with fork. Freeze 10 minutes. Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake until crust is set and partially cooked through, about 15 minutes longer. Cool crust while making filling. Maintain oven temperature.
- For filling:
- Sauté bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Add onion and pinch of sugar to drippings in skillet and sauté until onion is deep golden brown, about 20 minutes. Whisk cream, egg, egg yolk, pepper, salt, and nutmeg in small bowl to blend. Spread onion over bottom of baked crust; sprinkle bacon over, then cheese. Pour cream mixture over.
- Bake until tart is puffed and filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool tart on rack 10 minutes. Remove pan sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BACON, CHEESE, AND CARAMELIZED ONION QUICHE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 10 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
- Roll out pastry crust into a circle using a lightly floured rolling pin. Line a 9-inch pie pan with crust. Prick holes into the base of the dough using a fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry crust from the oven. Brush crust with beaten egg. Return crust to the oven and bake 5 minutes more.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in onion. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 40 minutes more.
- Whisk 2 eggs together in a bowl using a fork. Add sour cream and cream cheese and beat using an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in salt and pepper.
- Spread caramelized onions with remaining butter onto pastry crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 the Cheddar cheese. Place crumbled bacon evenly over the top. Pour egg mixture over bacon. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until golden and fluffy, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 123.5 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.6 g, Sodium 505.6 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
BACON AND ONION PIE
A tasty pie that is simple to make and is sure to be popular with the whole family. Serve with baked beans or peas for a mid-week meal. A James Martin recipe.
Provided by English_Rose
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat and cook the bacon in half the butter and the oil in a frying pan until just beginning to brown and crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions to the pan. Add seasoning and the sugar. Fry gently until the onions are soft and caramelized. Take care not to allow them to burn.
- Return the bacon to the pan and stir evenly through the onions. Add a little broth or water to de-glaze the pan and then tip the mixture into a heatproof dish.
- Add the remaining butter and 4oz of the cheese to the potato. Season and mix well. Preheat the broiler to high.
- Spoon the mixture over the onions and bacon, scatter with the remaining cheese and top with the slices of tomato.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese is melted and brown. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 820.6, Fat 55.8, SaturatedFat 24.9, Cholesterol 111.1, Sodium 854.8, Carbohydrate 59, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 8.5, Protein 23.1
BACON, ONION AND CHEESE TART
This is my take on a traditional French tarte flambee, made on a crispy crust and topped with fromage blanc, bacon and onions.
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield two 13-by-9-inch tarts
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon over a medium-low heat until it begins to render, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper. Set aside to let cool. Add the thyme to the cooled bacon-onion mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the farmer's cheese, creme fraiche, egg yolk and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Flour a flat surface and place the puff pastry on top. Flour the top and gently roll into a 13-by-18-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry in half and transfer each to a lined sheet pan. Using a fork, dock the puff pastry (pierce it slightly with the tines), leaving a 1-inch border untouched.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the two sheets of pastry and spread evenly on the docked area. Top each tart with half of the bacon-onion mixture.
- Place the tarts in the oven on the lower racks and bake, rotating halfway through, until the crusts are dark golden, about 25 minutes. Garnish with the pecorino and chives.
BACON AND CHEESE PIE
This pie is beautiful! I invented it tonight for dinner and thought that I just had to post it! Even for someone like me who isn't great at pastry it was super easy and tasted great. Please taste the filling as it is cooking before you add stock. Try to find a salt free or make it yourself because the bacon and cheese are salty enough. Also- thicken to your own liking
Provided by canthelpmyself
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Put flour, onion flakes, pepper and paprika in a food processor. Add the butter and process until crumby.
- Add half the cold water to the beaten egg and pour in while still mixing. Add water very slowly until it starts to resemble dough. Don't let it form a ball.
- Divide dough in half, roll one lot out and line your pie dish. Prick and cover with dried beans and bake on 200 celsius until almost cooked -- about 15 minutes.
- Wrap the other dough in wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Sauté onion, bacon, garlic and paprika in the oil in a pan until cooked just through.
- coat the beef with the flour and add to the pan, cook it for about five minutes and then add the stock slowly stirring it constantly to avoid lumps.
- Depending on what meat you are using, add enough water to cook it down for a while (1-4 hours) and keep adding it as needed. Add the Marjoram.
- When the meat is just about tender enough cook it down until it is thick.
- Empty out the beans and pour the filling into the case. Break the eggs straight on top, spread out evenly and cover with the cheese (Save some for the top of the pie).
- Roll out the pastry and put it on top. Prick a few air holes.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some extra bacon pieces, grated cheese (not too much and the parmesan on top. You can grind some pepper over it too.
- Bake until golden brown on high for about 30 mins or so -- watch it!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1926.3, Fat 169.2, SaturatedFat 75.4, Cholesterol 439.9, Sodium 533.4, Carbohydrate 66.7, Fiber 4, Sugar 2.5, Protein 33.7
TOMATO BACON PIE
Gladys Gibson's simple but savory pie makes a tasty addition to brunch buffets and leisurely luncheons. The Hodgenville, Kentucky cook relies on a cheesy mixture for the pie's golden topping and a refrigerated pastry shell for easy preparation.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool. Place tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a small bowl, combine the cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie, leaving 1 in. around edge. , Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over browning).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530 calories, Fat 47g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 595mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "bacon onion and cheese pie recipes"
BACON ONION PIE | PAULA DEEN
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHEESE AND ONION PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GERMAN ONION AND BACON PIE (ZWIEBELKUCHEN) RECIPE
BACON AND CHEESE QUICHE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST CHEESE AND POTATO PIE WITH BACON RECIPES
CHEDDAR, BACON, AND CARAMELIZED ONION QUICHE - GOOD THINGS …
TOMATO PIE WITH BACON - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
MUSHROOM, BACON AND ONION PIE – FOODATARIAN RECIPES
BACON ONION PIE - DATE NIGHT DOINS BBQ FOR TWO
SAUTéED ONION, BACON & THYME PIE - IN JENNIE'S KITCHEN
BACON ONION PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
OLD SCHOOL CHEESE AND ONION PIE RECIPE - DOBBERNATIONLOVES
BEEF, BACON AND CHEESE PIE RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
IMPOSSIBLE PIE WITH BACON & SWISS - A TWIST ON THE VINTAGE CLASSIC!
IMPOSSIBLE BACON AND ONION PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
BACON, CHEESE AND ONION GRATIN FOR UNDER £3 - LOVEFOOD.COM
QUICHE, PERFECT FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER OR EVEN BRUNCH!
IMPOSSIBLE BACON AND ONION PIE – COOKING RECIPES
ONION, CHEESE, AND BACON TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY CHEESE AND BACON EGG PIE - INSTRUCTABLES
COUNTRY TOMATO AND BACON PIE - THE COUNTRY COOK
GERMAN ONION PIE WITH BACON (ZWIEBELKUCHEN) - CHEERFUL COOK
PIE WITH BACON AND ONIONS - RECIPE
BACON ONION TOMATO PIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BACON, ONION, TOMATO, CHEESE & EGG PIE - SLOW COOKER CENTRAL
IMPOSSIBLE BACON AND ONION PIE RECIPE
ONION-MUSHROOM-BACON PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON PIE – ERECIPE
MASH, BACON, LEEK AND CHEESE PIE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
BACON ONION PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE - RECIPES NEED
BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ROBINHOOD | ONION CHEESE PIE
VIDALIA ONION BACON PIE - RELISH
BISQUICK IMPOSSIBLE BACON PIE - DINNER IS SERVED 1972
BACON AND ONION PIE - COOKEATSHARE
CHEESE & POTATO PIES WITH BACON RECIPE IDEAS - HOUSE & GARDEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook bacon and cheese in a pie?Directions. Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Pat dry on paper towels and crumble the bacon. Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in the pie plate. In a medium bowl, stir the milk, eggs, baking mix,...
How do you bake an onion and cheese pie?Brush the top crust with the egg wash and use a sharp knife to cut three vent holes. Place your pie crust on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 to 70 minutes. The Onion and Cheese Pie is done baking once the exterior is a glossy brown and filling bubbles. Allow the pie to cool until warm or room temperature before slicing.
What is the best way to cook bacon with onion and cheese?The combination of caramelized onion, bacon, and Cheddar cheese is perfect. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 10 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
How to bake tomatoes and bacon in a pie crust?Tomato Pie with Bacon is wonderfully creamy and full of slices of ripe summer tomatoes, salty bacon and mozzarella and cheddar cheese all baked in a buttery pie crust. Let pie crust sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Poke bottom of pie crust with fork. Brush with egg white. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool