5-ALARM BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY
Provided by James Briscione
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the 5-alarm dry brine: Mix together the salt, sugar, pepper, sage, chile powder, fennel seed, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes. If not using right away, store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- For the turkey: Measure out 1 tablespoon of the 5-Alarm Dry Brine per 5 pounds of turkey (a 12-pound turkey will take 2 1/2 tablespoons). Rub the measured brine all over the exterior of the turkey. Add an additional tablespoon of the brine to the inside of the bird, rubbing it on the underside of the breast.
- Let the turkey sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place one strip of bacon down the center of the turkey breast, making sure that at least 1 inch of the bacon hangs over the breast on both the neck and cavity side. Continue to layer the bacon vertically along the breast of the turkey with a slight overlap, making sure to maintain the overhang on both ends. The bacon on the far edges of the breast may not reach the end of the cavity, so tuck those pieces in the crease between the thigh and the body.
- Gather all of the bacon ends on the neck side and pierce the ends through with a single sprig of rosemary. Use the same rosemary to pin the bacon to the breast near the wishbone. On the cavity side use 1 onion cut into quarters to secure the bacon against the back side of the breast.
- Arrange the carrots, celery and remaining sprigs rosemary in a roasting pan and rest a rack on top. Carefully transfer the turkey to the rack.
- Roast the turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (avoid touching bone) registers 160 degrees F, 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours. (Upon resting, the temperature should raise to a minimum of 165 degrees F.) If the turkey is browning too quickly, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and tent the pan with aluminum foil. Let the turkey rest for 30 minutes before carving.
BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY ROLL
Yes, turkey is the star on Thanksgiving, but a bacon-weave layer over the top makes it extra-special for the holiday. Even better, the bacon bastes the meat as it cooks, infusing it (and the stuffing within) with flavor and keeping it from drying out.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Lay 1 turkey breast smooth-side down on a cutting board. There will be a thin side and a thick side. At about the midway point between them, slice horizontally into the thick side to within 2 inches of the outer edge so that you can open that side like a book and have 1 long piece. Pound the turkey with a mallet to an even thickness of about 1 inch. Repeat with the remaining breast.
- Place a large piece of parchment on a work surface. Arrange 12 slices of bacon horizontally on the parchment in 6 lines, with 2 slices of bacon slightly overlapping per line. Arrange the 6 lines so they are touching but not overlapping, with the ends lining up to form a rectangle. Working with the remaining 9 slices, weave the bacon in an over-under pattern by lifting alternating slices of the horizontal bacon lines and vertically placing a slice of bacon over or under as needed to create a woven lattice design.
- Place the turkey breasts horizontally on the bacon, overlapping slightly. Scoop the stuffing into the center of the turkey. Holding the bacon and turkey, roll them up away from you, making sure the roll ends up seam-side down. (Use the parchment to help you keep the bacon and turkey together as you roll.) Tie with twine in 3 spots across the roll and once lengthwise. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the internal temperature registers 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, 1 hour 40 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the gravy and cranberry sauce.
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY
A quick and easy Thanksgiving turkey recipe with a twist! Cook turkey for a total of 13 minutes per pound.
Provided by Alex Bega
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Turkey Whole Turkey Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle sage and garlic powder over the entire turkey. Wrap turkey completely with bacon. Place turkey on a roasting rack and place roasting rack in a large baking dish. Pour water into the base of the dish.
- Bake turkey in the preheated oven, basting every 45 minutes with juices in baking dish, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 141.8 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 48.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 273.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
BACON WRAPPED ROASTED TURKEY
This recipe was shared with me by my wonderful boss who is an AMAZING chef! He helped make my 1st Thanksgiving one to remember by giving me this recipe. This Turkey is so moist and so easy to make!
Provided by MrsM1021
Categories Whole Turkey
Yield 13 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- Remove giblets and neck from Turkey. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Chop Onion and Garlic and mix together. Once chopped and mixed, stuff the Onion and Garlic mixture into Turkey.
- Tie up the Turkey's wings, legs, and drumsticks with Kitchen Twine as desired.
- Chop Sage and mix in with softened Butter.
- Rub Sage/Butter mixture under the skin and over the skin of the Turkey.
- Salt and pepper Turkey to taste.
- Place uncooked, Bacon slices all over the skin of the uncooked Turkey. They will stick onto the buttered Turkey.
- Insert an Oven-Safe Meat Thermometer into the inner thigh area near the breast of the Turkey but not touching the bone.
- Place Turkey in a roasting pan and use Foil to tent the uncooked Turkey.
- Remove foil tent for last hour of cooking Turkey.
- Continue to let bacon cook on Turkey for an additional 15 minutes, then remove. (OPTIONAL - Bacon can then be chopped and placed in a separate dish of your choice).
- Remove Turkey from oven once 160 degrees is reached internally in the Turkey.
- Allow Turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes, then carve (during the rest period, Turkey will continue to cook to 165 degrees).
- Add 2 cups water to pan. Roast, uncovered, until bacon is lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, about 90 minutes longer. Cover loosely with foil if bacon browns too quickly., Remove from oven. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 calories, Fat 27g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 208mg cholesterol, Sodium 536mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 60g protein.
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Turkey recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Broke Guy
Categories Whole Turkey
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Wash the turkey inside and out and pat dry.
- Mix together the poultry seasoning, minced garlic and olive oil to make a paste. Rub the paste underneath the skin of the breasts of the turkey, carefully so you do not tear the skin.
- Add 2 cups of water to the roasting pan. Place turkey into roasting pan on a rack over the water.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the heat down to 350 degrees. Cover the turkey in the bacon slices, in cross-hatch form or just by overlapping the slices in strips. Put back in the oven and continue to cook for 2 more hours or until an internal thermometer temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3118.7, Fat 224.5, SaturatedFat 54.5, Cholesterol 848.9, Sodium 1690.2, Carbohydrate 15.2, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 247.2
BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY MEATBALLS
These bacon-wrapped bundles of deliciousness are served with a sweet teriyaki sauce, and perfect for your game day tailgate or homegate celebrations. Serve with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping.
Provided by fabeveryday
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Meat and Poultry Meatball Appetizer Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Form into sixteen 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Wrap each meatball with a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Brush each bacon-wrapped meatball with teriyaki sauce, then place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Brush meatball with additional teriyaki sauce. Continue baking until the turkey is cooked completely and the bacon has reached your desired crispness, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.2 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 150.2 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 34.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 2127.8 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
More about "bacon wrapped turkey recipes"
BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY: THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING BIRD
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on a work surface. Arrange half of the bacon in strips, side to side to form a square. To form a lattice, working from the left side of the square, fold back every other strip of bacon the width of a slice. Lay a new slice of bacon over the unfolded strips and return the folded bacon to the original position.
HOW TO MAKE BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY - DELISH
5/5 (1)Calories 523 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stuff cavity with onion, thyme, and rosemary then tie legs together and tuck wings in.
BACON-WRAPPED SPATCHCOCKED TURKEY IN 80 MINUTES
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY | SOMETHING NEW FOR DINNER
THANKSGIVING BACON WRAPPED TURKEY RECIPE | BAR-S
BACON-WRAPPED GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY | RECIPES | SCHNEIDERS
HOW TO MAKE A BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY - KITCHN
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST - THE COOKIE ROOKIE
Ratings 98Calories 319 per servingCategory Main Course
- Combine brine ingredients in a large bowl and stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Submerge the turkey, cover the bowl and refrigerate 24 hours. When ready to cook, remove turkey from brine, discard the brine and pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Set oven to 340°F and spray a rimmed baking sheet and metal cooking rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set the rack over the tray.
LOW CARB BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE
PEPPERED BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY | FOODLAND
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY | KATIE ROLLINS
BACON-ROASTED TURKEY WITH SWEET-ONION GRAVY RECIPE
SERVE BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TO YOUR GUESTS THIS THANKSGIVING
TURKEY BACON WRAPPED DATES WITH A BALSAMIC MAPLE GLAZE
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY - I AM HOMESTEADER
BACON-WRAPPED ROASTED TURKEY - ENRILEMOINE
BACON-WRAPPED WHOLE TURKEY WITH HERB BUTTER - THE COOKIE WRITER
SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERS - CROWD FAVORITE!
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY » SEA SALT SAVORINGS
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOIN - ALLIE CARTE DISHES
BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BACON-WRAPPED …
BACON WRAPPED DIJON ROAST TURKEY BREAST - THE BUSY BAKER
GLAZED BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5-ALARM BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY | MCCORMICK
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOIN RECIPE - NO FEAR COOKING
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY MEATLOAF - SIMPLY MADE RECIPES
BEST BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY - HOW TO MAKE BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY
STUFFED BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOINS | BUTTERBALL®
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST - SAVORYREVIEWS
ROASTED BACON TURKEY TENDERLOIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BACON-WRAPPED TURKEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BBQ BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOINS - TASTEFULLY SIMPLE
HOW TO COOK BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOIN? - VERYMEATY
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY THIGHS | EASY OVEN RECIPE - NOMSS.COM
BACON WRAPPED LOW CARB KETO TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY TENDERLOIN IN AIR FRYER - FAST FOOD BISTRO
AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS BACON WRAPPED TURKEY - TASTYDONE
BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST - EASY PEASY CREATIVE IDEAS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love