- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fillet skin-side down in foil-lined-roasting pan: Cut a piece of foil large enough to enclose the bluefish fillet. (You can double layer the foil if you are working with thin foil). Place the foil in a roasting pan. Rinse the bluefish fillet and place it in the center of the foil, skin side down.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon slices, butter, herbs: Sprinkle the fillet with salt and pepper. Lay a layer of thin lemon slices on top of the fillet. Arrange pats of butter along the top of the fillet. Lay several sprigs of fresh herbs on top of the butter and lemon slices.
- Add white wine and lemon juice, seal foil packet: Create a boat shape with the foil around the fish so that liquid does not leak out. Pour white wine over the fish, and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Crimp the edges of the foil together so they are relatively sealed.
- Bake: Place in the 350°F oven (or you can put the foil packet on the grill) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or so, until the fish is cooked through and opaque.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 394 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 18 g, ServingSize Serves 2 to 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
EASY OVEN BAKED BLUEFISH
Learn how to cook bluefish fillets in few easy steps. Delicious oven baked bluefish with tomatoes and lemon, so juicy and flavorful. Try it today!
Provided by Tanya
Categories Seafood recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Rinse bluefish under the cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray baking dish with olive oil spray and place fish skin side down in it. Sprinkle spices on top of the fish and lay tomatoes and lemon slices around it.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 15 minutes. Then broil for another 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350 calories, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 184 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 59 grams fat, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 52 grams protein, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 261 grams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 39 grams unsaturated fat
A great, easy way to make bluefish, one of my favorites. Also works with other meaty, firm, flavorful fish. You can vary the herbs, or use a spice mix such as Old Bay or Cajun seasoning.
Provided by Tikidoc
Categories High Protein
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fillet in foil lined pain. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mayonnaise over the fillet.
- Sprinkle with dill, to taste.
- Slice lemons thinly and lay slices over the fillet, covering most of the area.
- Bake until flakey and tender, about 30 minutes.
I have never understood people saying that Bluefish has a strong fishy taste. Not this recipie! Try it and then let me know...
Provided by Chef J. Bradford
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees Trim dark areas from bluefish filets. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. Place filets on sheet pan skin side down and slather generous even coating of mayonaise on top of fish. Salt and pepper and geneous sqweeze of lemon juice. Place in top third of hot oven and bake until bubbly and brown on top about 10 minutes depending on thinkness.
BROILED BLUEFISH WITH TOMATO, OLIVE, AND CAPER COMPOTE
- Make the compote. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and celery, season with pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers and cook, stirring, until hot, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
- Place a rack 5 inches from the broiler element and preheat.
- Prepare the fish. Using a sharp knife, slash the bluefish skin to form cross-hatch marks. Transfer the fillets to a foil-lined baking sheet and brush all over with the oil. Season with salt and generously with pepper. Broil the fish skin-side down, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. (If the skin comes loose during cooking, you may remove and discard it.)
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the fillets to 4 warmed plates and top with the compote. Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Trim all of the dark meat from the fillets. Rinse in cold water, dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine stuffing mix with boiling water and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Cover a baking sheet with a lightly greased double thickness of aluminum foil. Spread stuffing mixture on top of foil. Place fillets on top of stuffing. Brush fillets with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with minced onions. Top with dill springs and crimp together edges of tin foil to seal.
- Bake on center self of preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Cholesterol 162.8 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 42.4 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 845.7 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
- Core tomatoes and slice 1/4-inch thick. Place on rack over baking sheet and salt generously on both sides. Set aside 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. If using bulb onions, trim roots and leave about 4 inches of stem. Cut each in half lengthwise. If using scallions, trim roots and leave whole. Brush onions or scallions with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Place on baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in small skillet, add garlic, sauté over low heat until barely golden, remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place crumbs, basil and parsley in food processor or blender and process until blended. In pan, bring clam juice and wine to a simmer and remove from heat. Increase oven heat to 500 degrees.
- Using remaining oil, lightly oil baking dish that will hold bluefish in a single layer. Place bluefish fillets in dish skin side up. Place onions or scallions around fish. Place 2 to 3 slices tomato, slightly overlapping, on each fillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover fish, tomatoes and onions generously with bread crumbs. Pour clam stock around fish and drizzle with garlic oil, with or without slices of garlic, on top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just cooked through and lightly browned. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 761, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 81 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1308 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
BAKED BLUEFISH WITH SWEET MUSTARD GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold the fish in a single layer. Place the bluefish skin side down in the dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, sugar, tarragon and soy sauce, and spread evenly over the fish.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until the fish is opaque when flaked in the center with the tip of a knife. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 339, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 439 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "baked bluefish recipes"
THE WORLD'S BEST BLUEFISH RECIPE - ON THE WATER
10 BEST BLUEFISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
50 BAKED FISH RECIPES TO MAKE IN YOUR OVEN | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO COOK A BLUEFISH FILLET | LIVESTRONG
BAKED BLUEFISH RECIPE | 125 CALORIES | HAPPY FORKS
GRANDMA’S BAKED BLUEFISH - JAMIE GELLER
18 BAKED FISH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED BLUEFISH - RECIPE WILD
TIPS FOR BAKING SABLEFISH - WILD ALASKAN COMPANY
WHEN COOKING BLUES, FRESH IS BEST - MARTHA'S VINEYARD MAGAZINE
BAKED BLUEFISH | SICILIAN COOKING
BROILED BLUEFISH WITH LEMON-GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE
BLUEFISH WITH GARLIC - 1 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
BAKED BLUEFISH RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
DELICIOUSLY OVEN BAKED WEAKFISH FILLETS RECIPE - THE TOP MEAL
BAKED BLUEFISH RECIPE - VIEW RECIPE INGREDIENTS - THE PIONEER …
BAKED STUFFED BLUEFISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED BLUEFISH • HARBOR FISH MARKET
EASY BAKED FISH WITH GARLIC AND BASIL - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
3 WAYS TO COOK BLUEFISH - WIKIHOW
BLUEFISH WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
BAKED BLUEFISH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOOKED ON FISH | FRESH | SIMPLE | SUSTAINABLE
BAKED BLUEFISH | RECIPESTY
BAKED BLUEFISH - JAMIE GELLER
BAKED BLUEFISH - PLAIN.RECIPES
BOSTON BLUE FISH RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BAKED, FRESH BLUEFISH CAN BE TERRIFIC
IF YOU ABSOLUTELY DESPISE BLUEFISH, THIS RECIPE IS FOR YOU.
I NEVER LIKED BLUEFISH, UNTIL I TRIED THIS SIMPLE RECIPE
BAKED BLOCK ISLAND BLUEFISH - DISH OFF THE BLOCK
25 BEST BLUE FISH RECIPES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND COLLECTIONS
BAKE BOSTON BLUEFISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED BLUEFISH RECIPE WITH THYME PANGRITATA | FEED ME PHOEBE
#weeknight #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #american #easy #fish #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love