BAKED STUFFED PEPPERS
- Chop enough reserved green pepper tops to equal 1/4 cup; discard remaining tops or use for another purpose. Set chopped pepper aside.
- Place hollowed-out green peppers in a microwave-safe dish; cover and cook in microwave until bright green and steaming, about 3 minutes. Set peppers aside.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet with reserved chopped pepper tops and onion over medium heat until beef is browned, the juices run clear, and the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Pour in diced tomatoes with their juice, rice, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cheese into ground beef-rice mixture and spoon mixture into precooked peppers. Set peppers upright in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and the peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 98.5 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 29.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 459.3 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
BAKED CAPSICUM (BELL PEPPERS)
A scrumptious first course dish.. I have not faced any problems with the mixture turning out too dry, but after the 1st review, I have made a change in quantity for breadcrumbs. So, you may add/reduce as per your preference.
Provided by AaliyahsAaronsMum
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350°F.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, black olives, grated garlic, chopped parsley and breadcrumbs until you have a smooth mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds but leaving the stalks intact (they are not edible but they do look attractive and they help the pepper halves to keep their shape).
- Stuff each half with 3-4 tbsp of the mixture.
- Place on a well-greased baking tray.
- Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake the capsicums in top shelf of the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer them onto a serving dish, with all the juices from the tray poured over the peppers.
- Drizzle with a little more of olive oil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.1, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 4.3, Sodium 318.1, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 4.5, Protein 4.8
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Food Network's Ree Drummond shares this easy recipe for healthy, satisfying stuffed bell peppers.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of the fat.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323, Fat 22 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 50 milligrams, Sodium 287 milligrams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 6 grams
SHEET-PAN ROASTED FISH WITH SWEET PEPPERS
Quick to make and very pretty to behold, this easy weeknight dish has more verve than most. The roasted bell peppers turn sweet and golden, while olives add a salty note that goes nicely with the mild, flaky fish and a garlicky parsley dressing. If you can't find hake, cod or flounder make fine substitutes, though you may have to adjust the roasting time. The thicker the fillets, the longer they will take to cook.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories weekday, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pull 1 tablespoon thyme leaves off the bunch and finely chop.
- Season fish all over with a large pinch or two of salt and pepper and rub with chopped thyme leaves. Let rest at room temperature while you prepare peppers.
- Spread peppers on a rimmed sheet pan, and toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper to taste. Top peppers with the remaining thyme sprigs. Roast, tossing occasionally, until peppers are softened and golden at the edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Push peppers to the edges of the pan, clearing a space in the center. Lay fish out on that empty space and drizzle with oil. Scatter olives over the top of fish and peppers. Roast until fish turns opaque and is just cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a vinaigrette by combining vinegar, garlic and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, then whisk in parsley. Taste and add more salt or vinegar, or both, if needed. Serve fish and peppers drizzled with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 208, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 508 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
EASY ROASTED PEPPERS
This is a really basic way to roast peppers for use in any recipe. Choose any color peppers you like, or use a variety of colors for a beautiful presentation. After they are roasted you can add an oil and balsamic dressing, or fry in olive oil and garlic to serve with crusty bread.
Provided by FISHLOVE
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Cut the peppers into quarters. Remove the seeds and the membranes. Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove from oven and cover with plastic, or a tea towel, or place in a paper bag until cool. The skins should peel away off of the peppers easily when cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 1.8 g, Sodium 7.1 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
BAKED STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
There are so many recipes for Baked Stuffed Peppers - each a little different, each bringing something a little different to the dinner table. This is the recipe I learned from my mother. A meal in itself I generally serve 1 stuffed pepper "half" per person along with freshly baked French bread and a tossed salad, for those with healthier appetites you can of course serve 2 "halves" per person. I like to use red and or yellow peppers over the green - I find the red/yellow peppers to be a bit sweeter. These can also be made ahead and frozen for OAMC - when ready to use simply thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as directed.
Provided by - Carla -
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, cooked rice, minced pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, Italian seasonings, beaten egg, breadcrumbs and salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Use your hands to mix ingredients well.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup - measure out a 1/2 cup meat mixture for each halved pepper and fill.
- *At this point, if you are using this recipe for OAMC you can wrap your peppers in saranwrap, then place them in a zip-lock bag and store them in the freezer for later use.*.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and cover with your favorite jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce (about 1 cup per pepper half).
- Cover and allow to cook 90 minutes (Please note that I have only ever made 4 halves at one time - so the cooking time could be longer if making 6 or more at the same time.).
- After 90 minutes, check to see how far along the peppers are cooked; if they are nearly done uncover and baste with some of the spaghetti sauce from the baking dish (as mentioned above, if baking many peppers all at one time there is the possibility that they will not be as far along at this point - please continue to bake covered an additional 30 to 45 minutes and then proceed with the following instructions.).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes then top each pepper half with shredded cheese and continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve along side freshly baked bread and a salad, enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.7, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 123.7, Sodium 164.7, Carbohydrate 26.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 6.4, Protein 25.9
Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. And it's no wonder why-even picky eaters love stuffed peppers (hint: they taste like cheeseburgers).
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand up straight. In 4-quart Dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 2 minutes; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; cook until hot.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1470 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1 g
ROASTED BELL PEPPERS WITH BASIL AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand at least 10 minutes. Peel and seed. Rinse if necessary; pat dry. Cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Place in bowl. Mix in oil, vinegar and orange peel. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving) Chop basil; mix into peppers and serve.
More about "baked capsicum bell peppers recipes"
ROASTED BELL PEPPERS WITH OLIVE OIL - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (470)Calories 92 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to coat them well.
ROASTED RED PEPPERS (CAPSICUMS) - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED …
Ratings 45Category Antipasto, Side Dish, StarterCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
BAKED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO COOK SLICED BELL PEPPERS IN THE OVEN | LIVESTRONG
HOW TO ROAST PEPPERS | BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED TOMATO BASIL STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY CAPSICUM RECIPES | SHIMLA MIRCH RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
BAKED STUFFED CAPSICUMS OR BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY PESTO CHEESE STUFFED ROASTED RED PEPPERS. - HALF BAKED …
BAKED STUFFED CAPSICUM RECIPE | BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
HOW TO ROAST BELL PEPPERS - 4 EASY ROASTING METHODS
EASY OVEN ROASTED BELL PEPPERS - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
OVEN ROASTED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
ROASTED MINI SWEET PEPPERS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
BOUDIN-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - LOUISIANA COOKIN
BAKED CAPSICUM (BELL PEPPERS) - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
BELL PEPPERS, SO BEAUTIFUL, SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS || BELL PEPPER CAKE
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED BELL PEPPER STRIPS AND ONIONS
CAPSICUM RECIPES | 42 BELL PEPPER RECIPES (VEGETARIAN
ROASTED STUFFED CAPSICUM RECIPE INDIAN STYLE - GLOSSYPOLISH
LOW-CARB BAKED MINI BELL PEPPERS — RECIPE — DIET DOCTOR
THE BEST STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF
BAKED STUFFED CAPSICUMS, BELL PEPPERS - BALDHIKER
STUFFED CAPSICUM | STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
DUMP-AND-BAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED …
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE BELL PEPPER CASSEROLE - COOK THIS AGAIN MOM
HERB BAKED FISH WITH RAINBOW BELL PEPPERS - MINIMALIST BAKER …
BAKED STUFFED CAPSICUM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED, BBQ AND ROAST CAPSICUM | HOW TO ROAST CAPSICUM
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH'S STUFFED PEPPERS | CBC LIFE
BAKED BELL PEPPERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OVEN-ROASTED BELL PEPPERS [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
BAKED CAPSICUM BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bell peppers in the oven?Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to coat them well. Sprinkle the bell peppers with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes. Roast until tender and charred in spots, about 20 minutes.
How do you cook stuffed peppers and capsicums?Stuff the capsicums. 13. Heat the same pan with oil. Add the stuffed peppers. 14. Cover and cook on a medium to low flame until the capsicum is half cooked or fully cooked to suit your taste. These can be grilled in a preheated oven at 160 C for 8 to 15 mins.
What do you put on hot peppers when baking?We add tomatoes, lots of garlic and fresh herbs. As they bake in the oven all the juices from the peppers, tomato, and garlic pool at the bottom of the pepper halves. It’s pure gold! When they are baked, we crumble a little cheese over the pepper halves — goat cheese or feta are great!
How long do you cook Capsicum in the oven?Cover and cook on a medium to low flame until the capsicum is half cooked or fully cooked to suit your taste. These can be grilled in a preheated oven at 160 C for 8 to 15 mins. 15.