CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP
If you love yet hate that packaged onion soup mix dip, this is the version for you. It is a richer, deeper-flavored, cleaner-ingredient excuse for a potato-chip-dipping marathon. The dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Excerpted from "Mad Hungry Cravings" by Lucinda Scala Quinn, Artisan Books, March 2013.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a large skillet. Add the olive oil. When it shimmers, add the onions and salt and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are deep golden in color, 45 minutes to I hour; add a little water if needed to prevent sticking. Add the vinegar during the last minute of cooking. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a small skillet until it has rendered its fat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate; reserve the fat in the pan if you will be frying the shallots.
- Let the bacon cool.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onions, and bacon in a large bowl.
- For the optional garnish, add the vegetable oil to the skillet with the bacon fat and heat over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers. Add the shallots, lower the heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain the shallots on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Garnish the dip with the fried shallots, if using, and serve.
CHEESY CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan fitted with a wire rack. Roast the bacon until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the bacon fat from the sheet pan into a large skillet and warm over medium-high heat. Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute, then sprinkle in the garlic powder, ground mustard, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned, soft and caramelized, 30 to 45 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, Worcestershire, 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1/2 cup Swiss and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until completely combined. Stir in the warm onions.
- Cut the top of the boule off and hollow out the center. Place the boule on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Save the scooped out chunks of bread and cut the removed top into pieces to dip later.
- Fill the boule with the onion mixture and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheeses, holding back a tablespoon of each. Cut the bacon into 2-inch pieces and arrange them like the rays of the sun around the perimeter of the dip, then sprinkle the remaining cheese in the middle, overlapping the bacon to make an extra-cheesy center. Broil, watching closely to prevent burning, until the bacon is crisp and the cheese is melted beneath, about 2 minutes. Serve warm with crudites and reserved chunks of bread and use the bread bowl/bacon for dipping!
GEORGE AND THE DRAGON'S BACON ONION DIP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, salt and Worcestershire, and continue to beat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan and the Onion Jam, and mix on low speed until just combined. At this point, cook immediately or store the dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Scoop the dip into a baking dish and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan and the crumbled bacon. Bake until the cheese melts and the dip begins to bubble, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve the dip with crackers, warm bread and vegetables.
- In a large frying pan set over medium-low heat, add the oil and then the onions. Add the salt and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed and the onions are rich golden brown, about 20 minutes. Spread the onion jam on a cookie sheet and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.
CARAMELIZED ONION-AND-BACON BREAD RING DIP
Treat your guests to a delightful bread ring dip that has the dipping vehicle baked right in. Stand refrigerated bread dough around the edge of the skillet as it cooks. This Caramelized Onion-and-Bacon Bread Ring Dip includes some of your favorite hearty flavors and will feed 16 people.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 1 bread slice each
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Cook 8 to 10 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally; cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix cream cheese and sour cream in medium bowl until blended. Add onions; mix well. Reserve 1 Tbsp. bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan for later use; stir remaining bacon and Parmesan into cream cheese mixture.
- Cut bread dough into 16 slices; stand around edge of 10-inch cast-iron skillet, with cut sides of bread against side of skillet and overlapping edges of bread slices if necessary to fit. Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of skillet; spread cream cheese mixture to edges of dough. Sprinkle top of dip with reserved bacon and Parmesan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until bread is golden brown and dip is heated through. Melt remaining butter; brush onto bread. Sprinkle chives over dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.5489 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
PAULA DEEN'S CHEESY CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP
This recipe is from the Sept/Oct 2013 issue of Cooking with Paula Deen. Prep and Cooking Times are estimates as none were listed.
Provided by Kerena
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 pan, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions; cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are caramel colored, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, pepper, and salt. Use immediately, or let cool, cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the Crunch Topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until combined. Stir in crumbled bacon and Caramelized Onions. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, and sprinkle with Crunchy Topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531.5, Fat 46.5, SaturatedFat 23.5, Cholesterol 115.7, Sodium 857.1, Carbohydrate 17.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 6.4, Protein 12.2
More about "baked caramelized onion and bacon dip recipes"
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP - I AM HOMESTEADER
Reviews 2Category Appetizer, SnackServings 8Total Time 1 hr
- Remove bacon from the skillet and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to let cool. Do not clean out the skillet.
- To the skillet with bacon grease, add the onions and sugar. Cook 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. (When onions start to stick to the pan, scrape them up.)
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP | 12 TOMATOES
4.6/5 (22)Total Time 50 minsServings 10-12
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add onions, sugar, and a pinch of salt to skillet and cook until soft and starting to turn golden, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are a deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
HOT CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Reviews 3Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- In a medium sized skillet add oil, onions, and water. Cook over medium high heat until browned and caramelized adding more water as needed.
- Combine onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup grated cheese and bacon. Spread into a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. Or until top is nicely golden brown.
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP - RIGHT BACK …
5/5 (2)Category Appetizer, DipCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Make caramelized onions. Peel and chop onions. Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onions for 5 minutes until they soften and become translucent. Add a pinch of granulated sugar and keep cooking, stirring often. After about 15-20 minutes the onions will start to develop a nice golden brown color once they lose most of their moisture. Turn down the heat to a med-low and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes until the onions start to give off a nutty aroma. Deglaze pan with red wine and cook for another 2-3 minutes until wine reduces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shredded cheeses, sour cream, greek yogurt, salt/pepper, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Add caramelized onions and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a cast iron skillet or shallow baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the top of the dip is golden brown.
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP | RECIPE | BACON DIP, …
HOT CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP - TARA TEASPOON
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP RECIPE - CALL ME PMC
BACON, SCALLION AND CARAMELIZED ONION DIP (WITH VIDEO)
BAKED BACON DIP - PAKISTANS TASTE
HOT ONION BACON DIP WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS | BAKED CHEESE DIP
CHEESY BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - PLATED CRAVINGS
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - DELICIOUS PARTY APPETIZER DIP!
CARAMELIZED ONION-BACON DIP RECIPE - TODAY
BAKED BACON CHEESE ONION DIP RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON AND GRUYERE DIP - SWEET RECIPEAS
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP - DAIRY FARMERS OF MANITOBA
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION DIP TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
HOT CARAMELIZED ONION DIP WITH BACON & GRUYÃ¨RE RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION & BACON DIP – GREAT TASTES OF MANITOBA
CARAMELIZED BACON ONION DIP — SALLY'S CONFECTIONS
HOT CARAMELIZED ONION DIP WITH BACON AND GRUYERE
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP WITH BACON - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONION DIP RECIPE - TODAY
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON SKILLET DIP - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP - HOSTESS AT HEART
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP | RECIPE | BACON DIP, …
CARAMELIZED ONION & BACON DIP - TANORRIA'S TABLE
EASY CARAMELIZED ONION DIP WITH BACON | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
GRUYERE BACON DIP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP | RECIPE CLOUD APP
BAKED BACON CREAM CHEESE DIP RECIPE - MAKE YOUR MEALS
HOT BACON, ONION, AND SWISS DIP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON DIP RECIPE | LAURA IN THE …
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - SOUR CREAM, ONION, AND BACON DIP (VIDEO)
HOT AND CHEESY CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP WITH BACON - FEAST AND FARM
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP – LUCY'S KITCHEN OF RECIPES
BAKED CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHEESY BACON CARAMELIZED ONION DIP RECIPE | COOKIES & CUPS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make bacon dip?With the added bacon this dip is sure to be a huge hit at your next party! In a medium sized skillet add oil, onions, and water. Cook over medium high heat until browned and caramelized adding more water as needed. Combine onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, ½ cup grated cheese and bacon.
What is baked caramelized onion dip?This Baked Caramelized Onion Dip is an essential appetizer recipe for cold weather and/or holiday entertaining. Whether you’re watching the big game or celebrating with family and friends, this dip will be a winner every time! You know how much I love a good dip recipe.
How to cook bacon and onions in a pan?Instructions In a medium sized skillet add oil, onions, and water. Cook over medium high heat until browned and caramelized adding more water as needed. Combine onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, ½ cup grated cheese and bacon. Spread into a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.
What is the best way to cook bacon and mayonnaise?Combine onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, ½ cup grated cheese and bacon. Spread into a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. Or until top is nicely golden brown. All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate.