STUFFED TOMATOES WITH RICE
Here's a pretty side dish that will please everyone who tastes it. Stuffed with brown or white rice, these tomatoes can be prepared ahead and baked hours later-so they're perfect for a busy hostess.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard seeds. Chop pulp and set aside. Sprinkle the insides of tomatoes with salt; invert onto paper towels to drain., In a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add reserved tomato pulp; cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, parsley, basil and garlic salt., Stuff into tomato shells; dot with remaining butter. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 589mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
TOMATO RICE WITH CRISPY CHEDDAR
I could use all sorts of fancy words to explain this dish, but the best description is this: pizza in rice form. The inspiration for the recipe, though, is oddly enough not Italian - it's a hybrid of a classic South Indian tomato rice with onions and a shockingly fantastic Spanish rice recipe my mom and I photocopied out of my seventh-grade Spanish textbook for a school project. The crispy, bubbly, broiled Cheddar topping (use the sharpest white Cheddar you can find!) adds a little something something, making it a worthy dinner party dish.
Provided by Priya Krishna
Categories grains and rice, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Adjust an oven rack to the highest position and heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and chile, spread them out in an even layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes translucent and starts to lightly char, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the tomatoes, using the back of a wooden spoon to lightly crush them. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down into a chunky sauce, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the salt and remove from heat.
- Stir in the cooked rice and transfer to an 8-inch square (or similar size) baking dish. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top in an even layer.
- Switch the oven to broil and place the baking dish on the oven rack closest to the broiler. Broil until the top bubbles and turns golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 377, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 665 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
POTATO, RICE AND ZUCCHINI BAKE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix tomato, onion, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
- Place a layer of potato slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with about 1/4 the tomato mixture, salt, pepper, and all the rice. Continue layering with potatoes, zucchini, tomato mixture, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, ending with a layer of potatoes. Pour in just enough vegetable broth to cover the rice. Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over top potato layer. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until top is golden and crusty, about 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.4 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 1.5 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 142.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
BAKED RICE WITH CHEESE AND TOMATOES
From my favorite inherited cookbook, "Cook Like a Peasant, Eat Like a King. The cookbook is from the 70's and documents the travels of two California "foodies" traveling through Europe, eating dishes made by "peasant women" in small villages. This side dish recipe is from Switzerland. I picture it as a comforting side dish. I like the combo of the swiss cheese and parmesan (not one I'm used to seeing), highlighting the influences of neighboring Italy.
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Categories White Rice
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a casserole melt butter and sautee onions and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, salt, thyme and bay leaf, blending well.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stirring.
- Cover casserole, bring to a boil, and place in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, discard bay leaf, stir in two cheeses, and heat in the oven for 2 minutes.
BAKED CHEDDAR AND TOMATO RICE
- Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole and cook onion and red pepper for about 5 mins until golden and softened.
- ~Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the rice and when fully coated with oil add the stock and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Scatter the cheese over, cover and bake in oven for about 30 minutes till rice is tender.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- For Vegetarian use the 1 liter vegetable stock not the Chicken stock.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.6, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 33.9, Sodium 527.2, Carbohydrate 76, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 8.1, Protein 19.1
More about "baked rice with cheese and tomatoes recipes"
10 BEST BAKED RICE WITH CHEESE AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES ...
SOUTHERN TOMATOES AND RICE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
4.5/5 (89)Category DinnerCuisine Southern United StatesTotal Time 30 mins
- Begin by heating a large pot over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil and allow the butter to melt completely.
- Next, add the rice and stir to coat with the butter and olive oil. Stirring constantly, toast the rice for 2 minutes to add flavor.
- Next, add the diced onion and saute with the toasted rice for another minute or two, just until it begins to soften.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. I recommend using stock for the added flavor but you can use water if needed.
CHEESY BAKED ITALIAN RICE - CRUNCH & CREAM
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). In a saucepan, begin cooking the rice. In a separate large frying pan, add the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and soften for approximately 3 minutes. Add the courgette and soften for 2 minutes, then the diced pepper and soften for another 2 minutes. Add the tomato puree and stir to coat the veggies. Cook for one minute.
- Add the passata, water, dried herbs and chilli flakes and bring to simmer. Allow to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until reduced. Season to taste. The rice should be cooked by this time.
- Once the sauce is reduced, add the rice, fresh basil and black olives and stir them in. Place half of this mixture in the base of the casserole dish(es). Top with parmesan, then add the remaining half of the rice mix and top with sliced mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve immediately.
STUFFED TOMATOES (APPETIZER OR ENTREE!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SALMON BAKED RICE RECIPE – D'OPEN KITCHEN CULINARY SCHOOL
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until bubbling.
TOMATOES AND RICE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CHEESY BAKED TOMATO RICE – EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan, and add the diced onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach. Cook for 5-10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until the vegetables are fairly soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, rice, and vegetable stock, and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish (mine measured approximately 8 x 8 inches), and add a lid (you can use kitchen foil if you don't have a lid).
- Bake at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 30 minutes, or until the rice is almost entirely cooked. Give it a stir, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Return to the oven (uncovered) until the cheese has crisped up to your liking (another 10-15 minutes).
THIS 6-INGREDIENT RICE DISH IS OUR NEW FAVORITE WAY TO EAT ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ITALIAN BAKED STUFFED TOMATOES WITH RICE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BAKED ZUCCHINI AND TOMATOES WITH CHEESE RECIPE
Calories 271Saturated Fat 9g 44%Cholesterol 47mg 16%Total Fat 20g 26%
CHEESE BAKED CHICKEN RICE - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
Black Pepper Powder 1/8 tspLight brown sugar 1 1/2 tspCornstarch/ Cornflour 2 TbspMild Chilli powder 1/4 tsp
OVEN-BAKED BROWN RICE WITH ROAST TOMATOES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (1)Author SamcancookServings 8Total Time 1 hr 6 mins
BAKED RICE WITH TOMATO, CHICKEN AND CHEESE [FIRST FLAVOR ...
RICE ZUCCHINI TOMATO CHEESE CASSEROLE – ZUCCHINI AND RICE ...
BAKED PUMPKIN SAGE RISOTTO RECIPE WITH WHITE RICE ...
RECIPE: APPETIZING BAKED RICE WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND CHEESE ...
BAKED RICE WITH CHEESE AND TOMATOES RECIPES
BAKED TOMATOES WITH CHEESE - FOOD HERO
BAKED MEXICAN RICE WITH CHEESE PATTY - RIBBONS TO PASTAS
BAKED RICE WITH SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC RECIPES
7 FRESH TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST BAKED RICE WITH CHEESE AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES ...
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH RICE AND VEGETABLES BAKED WITH CHEESE
BAKED RICE WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND CHEESE RECIPE BY ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #side-dishes #rice #easy #european #beginner-cook #swiss #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make rice tomato casserole?Line a greased casserole dish with half the mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese, then add the rest of the tomato sauce. Add the rest of the rice and the last of the cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Pinterest Top Picks: Our 100 Most P...
How to make stuffed tomatoes with rice recipe?Directions. Add reserved tomato pulp; cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, parsley, basil and garlic salt. Stuff into tomato shells; dot with remaining butter. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
How do you make baked Tomatoes with cheese?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cheese, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over tomatoes. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble.
How do you cook rice in the oven?Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 450. Without stirring anything, sprinkle rice evenly over vegetables. Top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of black pepper. Carefully pour boiling water over rice, then cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes, until rice is cooked.