ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI
- To make the aioli: Lightly sprinkle the garlic with a pinch of the salt and smash it into a paste with the side of a cook's knife. Set aside.
- Pour about 2 inches of water into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium, heatproof bowl, whisk together the remaining salt, egg yolk, vinegar, water, lemon juice, and saffron until light and frothy. Place the bowl over the simmering water and whisk constantly until the yolk mixture is just warmer than room temperature, about 20 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk in the garlic paste.
- While whisking constantly, gradually drizzle in the olive oil until a smooth and slightly thick sauce is formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, make the sweet potatoes: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Put a baking sheet on the center rack and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Quarter the sweet potatoes and leave the skins on. In a large bowl, toss the wedges with the olive oil. Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and place the wedges evenly spaced on the pan, cut-side down. Bake until the bottoms of the potatoes are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Turn the wedges so the other cut side comes in contact with the hot baking sheet. Continue to bake the sweet potatoes until both sides are browned and tender, about 15 minutes more.
- To serve, arrange the sweet potatoes on a platter, and season with salt, to taste. Drizzle the potatoes with some of the aioli. Serve warm.
- Cook's Note: We recommend golden olive oil for its smooth finish and low acidity. The golden color comes from olive pressed at the peak of ripeness. These oils are made on California, southern France, and Sicily.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, GP. All rights reserved
- *RAW EGG WARNING
- Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI
- Lightly sprinkle garlic with a pince of salt and smash it into a paste with the side of a knife. Set aside.
- Pour about 2 inches of water into a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium, heatproof bowl whisk together the remaining salt, egg yolk, vinegar, water, lemon juice and saffron until light and frothy. Place the bowl over the simmering water and whisk constantly for about 20 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk in the garlic paste.
- While whisking, gradually drizzle in the olive oil until a smooth and thick sauce is formed.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Sweet Potatoes:.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put a baking sheet on the center rack of the oven and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Quarter the sweet potatoes and leave the skins on. In a large bowl, toss the wedges with olive oil.
- Remove the warm baking sheet from the oven and place the wedges on the pan, cut-side down. Space them out evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until their bottoms are lightly browned.
- After 15 minutes, turn the wedges so that the other side comes in contact with the hot baking sheet. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the sweet potatoes on a platter and sprinkle with salt. Drizzle the potatoes with the aioli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550.5, Fat 53.3, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 35, Sodium 360.9, Carbohydrate 18.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.7, Protein 1.9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Arrange slices of potato in the prepared pan so they are overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle olive oil over them as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and have begun to wrinkle around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.5 calories, Carbohydrate 63.4 g, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 9.5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 981 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
I feel aiolis make an excellent compliment to a number of different types of appetizers and entrees. This particular aioli is inspired by the Mediterranean coastal areas of Spain and France, and was a frequent compliment to many foods during my study abroad. I like it on everything from crabcakes, fish, and even sushi to chicken and finger foods. You can put the aioli in a pastry decorating bag to create appealing appetizers and tapas. This particular recipe calls for saffron threads and saffron powder. Saffron is easy to find in most place in the thread form, but the powder can be a little more difficult to locate. If you visit a hispanic market, you can typically purchase enough pouches of saffron powder to last you over time. I use Vigo brand. Also, please consider using Hellman's original mayonnaise when making this recipe - avoid using Kraft, Miracle Whip, and sweet mayonnaises at all costs. If you use a low fat mayo, I also recommend Hellman's. Another tip - when purchasing your saffron (and other spices in general), its often $6-10 US dollars cheaper if you buy it in the hispanic/ethnic section of your grocery store. For instance, Badia Saffron runs about $3 in my grocery store, but the same amount of McCormick Saffron can cost upwards of $10. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by jpknight22
Yield 1 1/4 Cups, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Steep the saffron threads in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain water, but don't allow threads to dry out.
- Combine mayonnaise, and lemon juice with a wire whisk, mixing together until uniform.
- Add pressed garlic, only 1/2 of saffron threads, 1 teaspoon of saffron powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and continue to mix once again until uniform in texture.
- Use remaining saffron threads to garnish aioli in a small ramekin, bowl, or directly on top of food. Serve cool to slightly below room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.5, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 6.1, Sodium 167.3, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 1.6, Protein 0.3
Make your own aïoli infused with saffron to use as a sauce at your next summer barbecue. Made with egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic and mustard, it's easy to make
Provided by Anna Glover
Yield Serves 8 as a dip
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the saffron in a small bowl with 1 tbsp boiling water. Leave for 10 mins to cool and for the water to turn a golden colour.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolks, garlic, mustard and lemon juice in a jug or a tall container with a pinch of salt and blitz with a stick blender (or in a food processor) until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil, a small drizzle at a time, keeping the blender on, until you get a thick, glossy mayonnaise. Season with black pepper, then stir in the saffron water to loosen the aïoli and turn it a golden hue. Cover the surface and chill until ready to serve. Add a splash of water or lemon juice, to serve, if your aïoli thickens up too much in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
More about "baked yams with saffron aioli recipes"
OVEN BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES & GARLIC AIOLI - SAVOR WITH JENNIFER
BAKED STRIPED BASS WITH PEPERONATA, OLIVES & SAFFRON AIOLI | MAIN ...
BAKED YAMS RECIPES | BIGOVEN
AIOLI RECIPES AND COOKING WITH AIOLI - FOODDIEZ.COM
BAKED STRIPED BASS WITH PEPERONATA, OLIVES, AND SAFFRON AIOLI
SAFFRON AIOLI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AIOLI | HANK SHAW
VEGAN AIOLI (2-MINUTE + OIL-FREE) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
CRISPY BAKED POTATOES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI - MY RECIPE MAGIC
BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI RECIPES
CRISPY BAKED POTATOES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI - SPAIN ON A FORK
RECIPETHING - BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI
BARBECUED POTATOES WITH ROMESCO AND SAFFRON AIOLI
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI FOOD
BAKED ASIAN YAM FRIES WITH OIL-FREE AVOCADO WASABI VEGAN “AIOLI”
CRISPY BAKED POTATOES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI
HOMEMADE YAM FRIES WITH AIOLI - SCRAMBLED AND SCRUMPTIOUS
10 BEST HEALTHY BAKED YAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRISPY BAKED ZUCCHINI STICKS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI | RECIPE | ZUCCHINI ...
THE ULTIMATE SAFFRON AND GARLIC AIOLI RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI, BACON HASSELBACK POTATOES
SALMON CANAPES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
CRISPY BAKED YAM FRIES WITH LEMON TRUFFLE AIOLI - FOOD DUCHESS
23 YAM RECIPES WE CAN’T RESIST - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
PIN ON DINNER, GLUTEN FREE - PINTEREST.COM
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI - FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST BAKED YAMS SWEET POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES ...
BAKED YAM FRIES WITH CHIPOTLE AIOLI | YAM FRIES, CHIPOTLE AIOLI, …
CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES & ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI
RECIPEHEARTH - BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI | FACEBOOK
BAKED YAMS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love