A Greek favorite that makes everyone think you are a master chef and is sooo easy to make!! I taught a Greek friend how to make apple pie and she taught me this fabulous recipe. The phyllo dough for this recipe is found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Add a little lemon zest to the sugar sauce, if desired.
Provided by NEONWILLIE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside. Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit pan. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 2 - 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 - 8 sheets deep.
- Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla and honey. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it. Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers. This freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.1 calories, Carbohydrate 37.5 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 196.4 mg, Sugar 19.9 g
For perfectly flaky phyllo dough, we go to Lili Fable, whose family-owned Poseidon Greek Bakery has made about 75 pounds of it a day since the '20s. This rolled baklava recipe is a must-make for a delicious sweet treat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 21 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brush a 9-by-9-inch pan with melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a flat work surface. Brush with melted butter. Fold the long sides in to form a 9 1/2-by-15-inch rectangle. Brush folded edges with butter. Place a second piece of phyllo over first sheet, and gather it like a curtain to fit inside rectangle. Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the nut mixture over the bottom one-third of the phyllo rectangle. Fold phyllo over to cover nuts. Brush folded phyllo with butter. Spread 1/4 cup nuts in a 1-inch-wide line parallel to, and about 1 inch from, the edge of pastry. Fold over once to cover nuts. Roll like a cigar almost to the end. Fold in ragged edges, and brush them with butter. Finish rolling, and fold ends under. Place seam-side down in prepared pan. Brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling, laying each roll next to the other so they are touching. Cut rolls crosswise into 21 pieces total (drag knife through a second time to assure a clean cut).
- Transfer to oven, and bake until crust and nuts are evenly golden, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and cool for 10 minutes. Pour cool Honey Syrup over pastry; it will come about three-quarters of the way up the sides. Let sit until most of the liquid is absorbed and nuts are saturated, about 30 minutes.
More about "baklava pastry rolls recipes"
GREEK BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPE (SARAGLI) - MY GREEK DISH
4.9/5 (597)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Dessert
- To make this baklava rolls recipe, start by preparing the syrup first. In a small pot add all the ingredients, except the honey. Place the pot over high heat and boil until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pot from the stove, add the honey and stir. Set aside to cool completely.
- Prepare the filling for the baklava rolls. In a food processor add the nuts and pulse until the nuts are finely (and some roughy chopped). Add the ground cinnamon and clove and mix with a spoon to combine. Set aside.
- Open the phyllo package and place the sheets on your kitchen counter. Cover with a damp (not wet) towel, while you prepare the baklava rolls.
BAKLAVA – PUFF PASTRY
Servings 24Total Time 3 hrs 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
AUTHENTIC BAKLAVA RECIPE; BAKLAVA ROLLS - AMIRA'S PANTRY
4.9/5 (22)Calories 115 per servingCategory Dessert
CINNAMON BAKLAVA ROLLS | CLEOBUTTERA
BAKLAVA CINNAMON ROLLS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BAKLAVA ROLLS - SWEET LIFE BLOG
BAKLAVA | RECIPETIN EATS
BAKLAVA ROLLS - IT'S EASIER THAN MAKING SQUARES
QUICK AND EASY PUFF PASTRY BAKLAVA - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CASHEW FILLED BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN …
INSTANT BAKLAVA PUFF PASTRY ROLLS - DIANE KOCHILAS
EASY TO MAKE LEBANESE BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPE
BAKLAVA ROLLS | YUZU BAKES
Ratings 1Category Dessert, HolidayCuisine East European, TurkishTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
QUICK AND EASY BAKLAVA ROLLS - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Desserts
BAKLAVA PASTRY ROLLS RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
BROWN BUTTER MAPLE AND PECAN BAKLAVA ROLLS - SIFTNWHISK
BAKLAVA ROLLS - MANJULA'S KITCHEN - INDIAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES
GREEK BAKLAVA ROLLS (SARAGLI) + VIDEO | SILK ROAD RECIPES
4 INGREDIENT-EASY ROLLED PUFF PASTRY BAKLAVA - SAVORY&SWEETFOOD
BAKLAVA RECIPE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
BAKLAVA PASTRY ROLLS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S BAKLAVA - THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF
PUFF PASTRY BAKLAVA - FUL-FILLED
HOW TO MAKE BAKLAVA ROLLS - THE MATBAKH
RECIPES > DESSERTS > HOW TO MAKE BAKLAVA ROLLS - FOOD NEWS
GREEK ROLLED BAKLAVA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKLAVA PASTRY ROLLS RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
BAKLAVA CINNAMON ROLLS - COOKING FOR KEEPS
EASIEST ROLLED BAKLAVA RECIPE - MOMSDISH
BAKLAVA ROLLS FLAKY FILO PHYLLO PASTRY LADIES FINGERS EASY QUICK …
BAKLAVA ROLLS – SWEET AND SAVOURY PURSUITS
BAKLAVA ROLLS | FOODWHIRL
BAKLAVA ROLLS - FOOD-TRAILS
BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPE | SEASONAL RECIPES
GEORGE AND KATHY'S BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
EASY GREEK BAKLAVA WITH A PUFF PASTRY, WALNUTS, AND HONEY - CTV
BAKLAVA - PEPPERIDGE FARM
SARI BURMA BAKLAVA ROLLS - HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
ROLLED BAKLAVA - WALNUT BAKLAVA ROLLS - SOUR AND SWEETS
BAKLAVA-INSPIRED CINNAMON ROLLS - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BAKLAVA NUTELLA ROLL-UPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY ... - THRILLIST
BAKLAVA ROLLS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love