CHERRY BALSAMIC SHORT RIBS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy cast-iron pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until it just begins to give off wisps of smoke; drizzle in about 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear 3 ribs in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Heat pot until smoking hot again, drizzle in 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, and sear the remaining ribs as before. Transfer ribs to a plate and set aside. Discard used oil.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pot over medium heat, and stir in the onion, celery, carrots, and fennel. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and cook until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Pour in the Burgundy wine; scrape and dissolve all the browned flavor bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Stir in rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, and demi-glace; stir well. Mix in the chicken stock, cherry cola, and balsamic vinegar. Push the short ribs into the vegetable mixture so they are about halfway covered; spread cherries over the ribs. Pour any meat juices over the cherries, bring the short ribs to a boil over medium heat, and cover.
- Place the covered pot into the preheated oven, and cook until the meat is tender and falling off the bones, 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the ribs to a serving platter. Skim fat from the cherry sauce, and strain all the cherries, vegetables, and juices through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Discard the solids, and return the liquid back to the pot. Bring to a boil, and cook the sauce over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently; whisk in butter. Serve sauce over the short ribs.
BALSAMIC SHORT RIBS
- Heat a large, deep, heavy casserole dish over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the ribs with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove from the dish and set aside.
- Wipe the dish with absorbent paper, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Return the ribs to the dish with the oregano, vinegar, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 1/2-3 hours or until the beef is very tender. Remove the ribs from the dish and keep warm.
- Strain the pan juices and skim the fat from the surface. Pour into a saucepan and simmer over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- To make the basil gremolata, place the basil, lemon zest, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the ribs among plates and spoon the sauce over. Top with the gremolata to serve.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season all sides of the short ribs with a generous amount of pepper and salt.
- Brown ribs on all sides in a skillet drizzled with olive oil.
- While the ribs are browning, wash & slice tomatoes, peel and cube potatoes.
- Remove ribs from skillet and place in a Dutch oven or other oven proof deep dish with lid.
- Sauté mushrooms in skillet you just used to brown ribs for about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon put mushrooms into dish with ribs.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over ribs and mushrooms.
- Pour one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over each rib (one per rib).
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place lid and bake in lower middle third of oven for 2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking, prepare mashed potatoes, green beans, & tomato compote.
- Place potatoes in cold water with salt and chopped garlic & boil till fork tender (they can stay in the pot until closer to finish time of ribs).
- Drain potatoes, place back in pot and mash well.
- Add butter and cream and continue to blend well, salt to taste (keep on low heat or warm).
- Using the same skillet you used for the beef short ribs and mushrooms - heat to medium high and cook tomatoes for about 7 minutes or until skins start to blister.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons balsamic vinegar and continue to cook about 3 minutes until reduced and tomatoes begin to break down (keep warm till ready to plate.
- Steam green beans & then transfer to hot skillet drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes until start to lightly brown.
- Plate serving of mashed potatoes on each plate followed by green beans, short ribs & mushrooms, & topped with tomatoes.
- Garnish if you'd like with freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiana and light drizzle of your finest olive oil.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS
These flavorful ribs can be made ahead of serving, which both heightens the flavor and makes it much easier to remove excess fat from the dish. Short ribs are the meaty ends of the rib bones - choose cuts from the chuck, which are the most flavorful, or from the rib, which are a bit leaner. Adapted from Cooking Light. Prep time includes chilling.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Over medium-high temperature, heat a large Dutch or French oven and spray it with cooking spray.
- Season the ribs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Brown the ribs in two batches in the heated pan, about 8 minutes per batch, until browned; remove from pan.
- Add the finely chopped onion to the pan and saute until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the browned ribs back into the pan, then add the wine, vinegar, brown sugar, and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Cover pan and transfer to the oven, and bake at 300°F for 90 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then transfer pan to refrigerator and let chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- After chilling, skim the solidified fat from the surface of the broth mixture and discard fat.
- Over medium heat on the stove, cook the ribs in the Dutch or French oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, and serve.
- Serve along with potatoes, pasta, and/or vegetables - the sauce goes quite well with them, too!
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- Preheat oven to 300°. To prepare ribs, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ribs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add half of ribs to pan; cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining ribs; remove from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Return ribs to pan. Add broth, wine, vinegar, sugar, and tomato; bring to a simmer. Cover and bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Cool slightly. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Skim fat from surface of broth mixture; discard fat. Cook over medium heat 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. To prepare mashed potatoes, place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 20 minutes or until very tender. Drain. Combine potatoes, milk, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher. Serve with ribs and cooking liquid.
More about "balsamic braised short ribs recipes"
BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE WITH COFFEE AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
2014-09-28 · Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sear the short ribs 1-2 min per side or until they are slightly browned. Place the red onion at the …
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sear the short ribs 1-2 min per side or until they are slightly browned.
- Place the red onion at the bottom of your slow cooker. Then lay the ribs on top of the onions. Add the balsamic vinegar, coffee, sea salt and pepper.
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS IN RED WINE SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
2019-02-06 · Sprinkle beef all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large ovenproof pot over high heat. Add half the ribs and brown aggressively all over (~5 - 7 min in total). Remove and repeat with remaining ribs…
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pot over high heat. Add half the ribs and brown aggressively all over (~5 - 7 min in total). Remove and repeat with remaining ribs, then remove.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
2017-01-11 · Season the short ribs generously with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding, sear the ribs until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. As each batch is done, transfer the ribs …
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS WITH WHIPPED CREAMY GARLIC ...
2017-02-06 · I thought that these Balsamic Braised Short Ribs with Whipped Creamy Garlic Parsnips would be a wonderful dinner option for Valentines Day. Pete and Coco devoured these super tender braised short ribs and I piled lots of extra sauce over mine plus basically licked the bowl clean of these whipped parsnips. Really, really so good you guys! Other recipes …
BALSAMIC BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
2012-10-24 · Set a Dutch oven or oven-proof lidded pot over medium-high heat. Swirl with olive oil. Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel and season meat well on all sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear the short ribs …
CROCK POT BALSAMIC BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS | EASY SHORT ...
2014-01-10 · Pat dry 2-3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs …
- In a small bowl, mix together course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
- Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, whole dried dates, and smashed garlic cloves.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS > CALL ME PMC
2021-01-14 · Balsamic Braised Short Ribs, you can’t go wrong with short ribs braised in balsamic vinegar cooked until they fall off the bone! This flavor twist added to the braised short rib recipe takes them up several notches. They’re festive enough for celebrations yet easy enough for weeknight dinners. This recipe …
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the ribs until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Work in batches if necessary, don't crowd the pan or the ribs will steam instead of sear. After each batch is done, transfer the ribs to a platter.
- Turn up the heat to the Dutch oven and add the balsamic vinegar and red wine. Bring to a simmer. Scrape any browned bits from the pan bottom. Stir in the brown sugar and stock. Bring to a boil.
SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS - LIVELY TABLE
2017-02-06 · Liberally season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Sear short ribs until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place onion slices and garlic in the bottom of the …
- Liberally season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Sear short ribs until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place onion slices and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot. Add short ribs, vinegar, worcestershire, broth, and thyme. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Optional: Remove ribs form crock pot and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes.
BALSAMIC BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS - ALASKA FROM SCRATCH
2015-01-29 · Balsamic Braised Beef Short Ribs. October 24, 2012 • Alaska from Scratch, Autumn, Beef & Pork, Main Dishes, Recipes, Seasons, Winter Weather: 32 degrees, not a cloud What I’m listening to: hens clucking outside the window I was at the market, scanning the meat department for things on sale, when my gaze met a 3-pound pack of boneless beef short ribs.
- Set a dutch oven or oven-proof lidded pot over medium-high heat. Swirl with olive oil. Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel and season meat well on all sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear the short ribs on all sides until nicely browned. Remove short ribs to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the pan. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes. Return the ribs to the pan, followed by broth, vinegar, sugar, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
SLOW-COOKER BALSAMIC SHORT RIBS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2018-10-17 · Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ribs and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. …
- Sprinkle ribs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ribs and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add vinegar and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until the liquid is mostly reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker and add broth. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a serving platter. Transfer the liquid to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Whisk cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the boiling liquid. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the ribs with the gravy and sprinkled with parsley, if desired.
BRAISED SHORT RIBS IN POMEGRANATE BALSAMIC SAUCE (MAKE ...
2019-12-18 · To make, simply sear the beef short ribs, sauté onions carrots and celery, add your braising liquid and herbs, then bake until tender while your home fills with the rich aroma of anticipation. What …
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Pat ribs dry, then season evenly with 1 tablespoon kosher salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Set aside while you chop your veggies.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, brown ribs on all sides until deeply golden, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Scrape out any black bits from the pan (if there are any) but leave the golden bits. Add additional oil to the pan if needed to equal 1 tablespoon; alternatively, drain extra grease to equal 1 tablespoon. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook for 4 minutes; add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and give them a good stir, scraping up any flavorful bits on the bottom of the pan. Add seared ribs to the pot, bone-side up. The meat should be mostly submerged, if not, top the ribs off with water.
SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS - AWAY FROM THE BOX
2017-12-09 · Let simmer 1-2 minutes or until it produces a nutty aroma and pour it in the slow cooker, then the beef stock, balsamic vinegar, thyme and bay leaves. Cook on high for about 4 hours. Remove the short ribs…
- Set a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over high heat. Test the heat by tossing in a few drops of water. If it is ready they should “dance” around the skillet.
- Season both sides of the short ribs with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and immediately place a few at a time into the skillet, leaving about 1-2″ space in between. This will likely need to be done in multiple batches.
- Sear each side of the short ribs about 2 minutes each to get a nice crust, then transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the butter and deglaze (scrape the brown bits from the bottom). Let simmer 1-2 minutes or until it produces a nutty aroma and pour it in the slow cooker, then the beef stock, balsamic vinegar, thyme and bay leaves. Cook on high for about 4 hours.
BALSAMIC-BRAISED SHORT RIBS & HORSERADISH MASHED POTATOES ...
2002-08-06 · Preheat oven to 300°. Step 2 To prepare ribs, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ribs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- To prepare ribs, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ribs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add half of ribs to pan; cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining ribs; remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Return ribs to pan. Add broth, wine, vinegar, sugar, and tomato; bring to a simmer.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
2021-01-17 · This Balsamic Braised Short Ribs is a hearty dish that’s comforting on a chilly evening. Braised short ribs take a few hours to cook, but only about 20 minutes of hands-on time. The meat is …
- Heat ghee (or oil) in a dutch over or cast iron pot. Add short ribs that are pre-seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste. Brown the ribs on all sides. Transfer to a plate (12-15 mins)
- Add onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then deglaze the pan with coconut aminos* and balsamic vinegar. Give it a good stir scraping the bottom of the pan to remove all bits and pieces.
- Transfer short ribs back to the pot. Add bay leaf and thyme. Cover and cook in the oven at 350F degrees for 2 hours.
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS - TFRECIPES.COM
Balsamic-Braised Short Ribs Recipe - Thrive Market Recipe From : thrivemarket.com 2016-05-16 · Balsamic-Braised Short Ribs. Yield: 4 to 6 servings Active Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 8 hours . Ingredients. 1 tablespoon olive oil 4 pounds beef short ribs, bone-in 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Freshly ground pepper 2 large red onions, cut into wedges 6 cloves garlic, peeled 1 large bunch thyme 2 sprigs ...
SHORT RIBS BRAISED IN BALSAMIC | WILLIAMS SONOMA
2013-07-19 · loc_en_US, sid_recipe.short-ribs-braised-in-balsamic, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)] clientName_williamssonoma; bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0 ; CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 48ms; REVIEWS, PRODUCT; Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 260 minutes Servings: 8 Many cooks—and eaters—think of braised short ribs…
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS WITH PECORINO POLENTA
163°C. . In a large, high-sided pan or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat, sear short ribs on two sides until browned. Remove from pan, set aside on a clean plate and reduce heat to medium. Add carrots, onion, fennel and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in anchovy paste, tomato paste, 1-teaspoon salt. 5 g salt.
RECIPE: BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS | THE SEATTLE TIMES
2012-03-20 · Transfer the short ribs to a plate. 2. Add the leeks, onions, carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally, about 12 to 15 minutes. Add the red pepper...
BALSAMIC-BRAISED BEEF RIBS | CANADIAN LIVING
2013-06-10 · Sprinkle ribs with pinch each of the salt and pepper. In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown ribs, in batches.
See details »
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS | DUTCH OVEN RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Extraordinary balsamic-braised short ribs with a rich sauce served atop creamy pecorino polenta. Delight your family and friends with this hearty beef dinner...
See details »
INSTANT POT SHORT RIBS | RECIPE CART
3 lbs. beef short ribs (with bone), about 8 pieces 2 tsp. salt, ... Brush ribs lightly all over with the balsamic glaze. Top Similar Recipes from Across the Web. 764 views. Recipe Saved. Finish. Instant Pot Short Ribs . pressurecookrecipes.com. 5.0 (294) 90 minutes. 41 views. Recipe Saved. Finish. Instant Pot Short Ribs. thehungrybluebird.com. 5.0 (4) 70 minutes. 68 views. Recipe Saved. Finish ...
See details »
BALSAMIC-BROWN SUGAR SHORT RIBS WITH GARLIC MASHED ...
2019-04-24 · Short ribs braised in red wine, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar get a nice, rich glaze, perfect for serving atop garlic mashed potatoes. Jennifer Olvera . Pin Share Email Slow-cooked short ribs are a pitch-perfect winter meal. This version gets burnished with a rich red wine, balsamic, and brown sugar pan sauce. The potatoes that go alongside are boiled with garlic that's then mashed right …
See details »
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS | FREEMARK ABBEY WINERY
Balsamic Braised Short Ribs. Serves 4. Ingredients. 3 lbs bone-in beef short ribs kosher salt freshly cracked pepper 2 tbs grapeseed oil 1 ½ sweet onions, sliced 2 stalks celery, large-diced 3 carrots, large-diced 5 cloves of garlic, minced ½ cup +2 tbs balsamic vinegar 2 ½ cups beef broth 2 tbs brown sugar 1 ½ tsp worcester sauce 4 sprigs ...
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion main-dish beef vegetables oven refrigerator diabetic dinner-party holiday-event easter stove-top dietary christmas comfort-food meat onions taste-mood equipment