BANANA TOFFEE BARS W/ BROWNED BUTTER ICING
These are rich and melt in your mouth - very much like a banana cake. Toffee and banana go so well together. I think these would also be good using almond extract. These are fabulous for a coffee break, dessert or a sinful breakfast. You can use any brand of toffee pieces such as Skor or Heath, just make sure they are not chocolate covered. ***NOTE: I wrote out the amounts for the sugar in the bars and the butter in the icing because Food.com wasn't recognizing "1/3". Hence, these amounts are not included in the nutritional value***
Provided by Nanners
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 36 bars
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the Bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Beat the butter in an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar until fluffy - about 1 minute, scraping bowl as needed.
- Beat in the egg, mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla until very well combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet and mix together, scraping bowl as needed until well combined. Stir in 3/4 C toffee pieces.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 22-25 minutes (at 350) or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool 20-30 minutes before icing.
- For the Icing.
- In a small saucepan heat one-third cup butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until the butter turns a light brown. This may take a few minutes. Remove from heat; pour into a medium bowl.
- Add 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla and 1 T. milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium to high speed, adding enough milk to make frosting of spreading consistency. I usually add 2 more tablespoons milk.
- Use icing immediately.
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Beat white sugar, sour cream, 1/2 cup softened butter, and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in bananas and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix for 1 minute. Stir walnuts into batter until evenly incorporated. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 27 minutes. Cool.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract into melted butter until a smooth frosting consistency is reached. Spread frosting over cooled banana bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.4 calories, Carbohydrate 90.1 g, Cholesterol 80.4 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 383.9 mg, Sugar 68.8 g
Perfect for a weeknight dessert or a potluck, these bars go heavy on the decadence with a pecan crust, banana filling and toffee topping.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 8-inch square pan with shortening. In medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour and salt just until moistened. Stir in pecans. Press mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
- Spread about half of the dulce de leche over cooled crust. Top with banana slices. Spread remaining dulce de leche over bananas.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over top of dulce de leche; sprinkle with toffee bits. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 153 mg
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING
Brown butter frosting is an 'old' recipe that is not commonly used anymore; however it is delicious. It is easy to make as long as you are careful to not burn the butter. This frosting is great on top of brownies.
Provided by blueyedfeather
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat butter, stirring constantly, in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it browns and becomes very aromatic, 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk confectioners' sugar into butter until dissolved and remove saucepan from heat; stir in milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat butter mixture using an electric mixer until frosting is smooth; add more milk if frosting is too thick.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.4 calories, Carbohydrate 31.4 g, Cholesterol 12.4 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 34.3 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
BANANA BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
I make these banana bars with cream cheese frosting whenever I have ripe bananas on hand, then store them in the freezer to share later. With creamy frosting and big banana flavor, this treat is a real crowd-pleaser. -Debbie Knight, Marion, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas. , Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake), 20-25 minutes. Cool., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve desired consistency. Frost bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 96mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "banana toffee bars w browned butter icing recipes"
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - INSTRUCTABLES
BANANA TOFFEE POKE CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE
BANANA BREAD BARS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RECIPE FOR BANANA BARS WITH FROSTING - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANA TOFFEE BARS W/ BROWNED BUTTER ICING - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
PECAN TOFFEE BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING
BANANA BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - LAUGHING SPATULA
BANANA BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER ICING - THE BAKER CHICK
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING - MEL'S KITCHEN …
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING - BAKE OR BREAK
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - SWEET STRUGGLES
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - YUM TASTE
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH SALTED-TOFFEE ICING - WOMAN'S DAY
BANANA CHOCOLATE TOFFEE CUPCAKES | DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
RECIPE: PECAN TOFFEE BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING
BANANA BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - CHEF IN TRAINING
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER–PECAN FROSTING
THE BEST BANANA BARS RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
WRAP OF THE DAY RECIPE BANANA TOFFEE BARS W BROWNED BUTTER ICING
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING | RECIPE | BUTTER ICING, …
BANANA TOFFEE BARS W/ BROWNED BUTTER ICING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH FLUFFY BUTTER ICING - THE BUSY BAKER
BANANA BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - I HEART NAPTIME
BANANA BREAD BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING | RECIPE - PINTEREST
ROASTED BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER–PECAN FROSTING
PECAN TOFFEE BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING RECIPE
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
BANANA TOFFEE CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTER TOFFEE FROSTING
THE BEST BANANA BARS RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
BANANA BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING RECIPE — BITE ME MORE
BANANA BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING – MY ROI LIST
BANANA TOFFEE POKE CAKE W/BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING
ASTRAY RECIPES: PECAN TOFFEE BARS WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING
BANANA BARS - BROWNED BUTTER & CARAMEL FROSTING - THE BAKING …
You'll also love