VINEGAR GRILLED CHICKEN
- Place the water, vinegar, pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and melted margarine into a large, resealable plastic bag. Shake to combine ingredients, then add chicken, seal, and shake to coat. Place in refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center; about 10 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Cholesterol 161.5 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 59.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 3133.7 mg, Sugar 1 g
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Mix well and allow ingredients to mesh for about 4 to 8 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 11 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Sodium 699.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH SWEET VINEGAR SAUCE
This is the first Thai-style dish I ever attempted to make, after I 'discovered' how delicious Thai food is. This recipe is easy enough (for the beginner that I was 10 years ago) and the ingredients not too difficult to find. Prep time does not include the several hours to overnight marinading time.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut chicken thighs in half and place in a bowl.
- Combine the next 9 ingredients (garlic thru oil) and grind to a paste using a mortar and pestle.
- Combine the paste with the chicken and mix well; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, grill chicken until tender, basting frequently with coconut milk.
- Serve with sweet vinegar sauce.
- Sweet vinegar sauce: Grind chili and garlic to a paste using a mortar and pestle.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a pan, stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, until syrup just begins to color; remove from heat, cool slightly, stir in chili and garlic paste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.5, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 188.4, Sodium 206, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 10.5, Protein 46.5
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Whisk first 9 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Arrange chicken in shallow glass dish. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over; turn to coat evenly. Let stand at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Grill chicken until just cooked through, basting occasionally with another 1/4 cup sauce, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
CAROLINA-STYLE VINEGAR BBQ CHICKEN
I live in Georgia, but I appreciate the tangy, sweet taste of Carolina barbecue chicken. In fact, my sons are more likely to show up to dinner if they know I'm serving this slow cooker recipe. -Ramona Parris, Canton, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add vinegar mixture. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender., Remove chicken; cool slightly. Reserve 1 cup cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Return meat and reserved cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. If desired, serve chicken mixture on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 228mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LIISA'S CHICKEN SAUCE (AKA VINEGAR CHICKEN)
This recipe originally came from Judd Farr on an episode of Calling all Cook's -Food Network. I adjusted the quantity for my use and I use this to baste my chicken on the grill. I used to tease my boys if they were bad - I'd put vinegar in their mouths; when they found out that this recipe has vinegar in it --they said the chicken must have been bad- thus the name! This is one that our family uses on a regular basis. It makes a lot of basting sauce - so don't be alarmed - I usually use 1/2 of the sauce and store the remaining for another time.
Provided by LiisaN
Categories Low Protein
Yield 1 1/2 quarts sauce
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together.
- (I use a clean half gallon container for easy pouring and mixing).
- Use it as a basting sauce for chicken on the grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1632.6, Fat 147.4, SaturatedFat 19.2, Sodium 57097.4, Carbohydrate 46.2, Fiber 10.2, Sugar 13.9, Protein 4.2
BASIC CHICKEN BARBECUE
As far as I'm concerned, there's no better way to spend a summer night than sitting outdoors with the family and enjoying a hot-off-the-grill meal like this.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and salt. Whisk in the water, oil, poultry seasoning and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours., Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Fat 35g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 1883mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 42g protein.
More about "barbecued chicken with vinegar basting sauce recipes"
VINEGAR BBQ CHICKEN - FEAST AND FARM
4.3/5 (6)Total Time 4 hrsCategory Main CourseCalories 600 per serving
- Add the chicken and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator 4-6 hours if possible and up to 16 hours. Grill it to awesome perfection.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC BARBECUE SAUCE
EASY POULTRY BASTING SAUCE | BBQ & GRILLING WITH …
SHENANDOAH VALLEY-STYLE BARBECUE CHICKEN
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH WHITE BBQ SAUCE - GOOD …
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE RECIPE (CAROLINA STYLE) - VINDULGE
THE ORIGINAL CORNELL BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE
CHICKEN DRUMS WITH HOISIN BARBECUE SAUCE | CHICKEN.CA
BBQ CHICKEN VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
5/5 Total Time 10 minsServings 1.5Calories 1633 per serving
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
BUTTER AND VINEGAR BBQ CHICKEN : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE | BBQ HERO
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BASTING SAUCE - RECIPE FLOW
MOM'S GRILLED CHICKEN BASTING SAUCE / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
10 BEST CHICKEN BASTING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPE - OLD SCHOOL BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE
ROADSIDE VINEGAR GRILLED CHICKEN - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BASTING BARBECUE SAUCE - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE FOR CHICKEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BILL'S GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BASTING SAUCE | GOLD'N PLUMP
BASTING SAUCE FOR BARBECUE CHICKEN - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
EAST CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE AND MOP RECIPE - MEATHEAD'S …
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE RECIPE
VINEGAR AND BUTTER BBQ SAUCE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
EASY BBQ CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BBQ CHICKEN - VINEGAR AND BUTTER BASTING SAUCE | VINEGAR CHICKEN ...
CORNELL CHICKEN (GRILLED CHICKEN WITH WHITE BARBECUE SAUCE) RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BASTING SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FLAME-GRILLED CHICKEN WITH NORTH CAROLINA MOP SAUCE - GRILLED
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH RASPBERRY VINEGAR SAUCE | METRO
CORNELL COOPERATIVE EXTENSION | CORNELL CHICKEN BARBECUE SAUCE …
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR BASTING SAUCE | RECIPE | BASTING …
BARBECUED CHICKEN WITH TANGY BBQ SAUCE - CTV
BARBECUE CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUTHERN VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST BBQ BASTING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Baste chicken when grilling it?Brush the pieces with the grilled chicken basting sauce (all sides of the chicken). Turn the chicken several times while it cooks! Continue to baste the chicken pieces with the sauce as they cook.
How do you make basting sauce with vinegar?You can use this sauce as a basting sauce, or just mix it into your cooked meat when you are ready to eat. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Mix well and allow ingredients to mesh for about 4 to 8 hours before using.
What is the best basting sauce for grilled chicken?The only spices you will need are celery salt, seasoning salt, coarse ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Once these common spices are mixed with melted butter… boom! You’ve got an absolutely incredible and EASY grilled chicken basting sauce! Melt the butter on low heat, and then add the spices, and stir, to combine.
How to cook chicken on the grill with sauce?Melt butter in small sauce pan (on low heat) until butter melts. Add remaining spices and stir until combined. Remove pan from heat. Using a pastry brush, spread sauce evenly over chicken pieces. Cook chicken pieces on grill, turning chicken and basting several times throughout the grilling process.