SURPRISE BARBECUE HOT DOGS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and brown sugar and cook until onion is soft but not yet brown, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cut a slit through each hot dog and fill with cubes of cheese food. Place dogs in buns and cover meat with onion sauce, about 3 tablespoons each. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until piping hot throughout, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513.9 calories, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 57.3 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 1668.6 mg, Sugar 23.9 g
BARBECUED HOT DOGS
I grew up in a family of eight kids, and we never complained if Mom made these terrific hot dogs often for birthday parties and other family gatherings. You'll find that kids and grown-ups devour these...good thing they're easy to make. -Joyce Koehler, Watertown, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add celery, ketchup, water, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. , Cut three 1/4-in. deep slits on each side of the hot dogs; place in a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the sauce over the hot dogs. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 730mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BARBECUE HOT DOGS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 hot dogs
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat a grill to medium. Grill 8 hot dogs, turning, until lightly charred in spots, 5 to 7 minutes, brushing with barbecue sauce during the last minute of cooking. Toast 8 hot dog buns on the grill until marked, about 30 seconds. Serve the hot dogs on the toasted buns with assorted toppings.
OVEN BARBECUED HOT DOGS
- Heat oven to 325.
- Put the hot dogs in a 12 x 8 x 2" baking dish.
- In medium saucepan,saute the onion in the butter,until tender.
- When tender,remove from burner,add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir,combining well.
- Pour mixture over hot dogs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
BARBECUE HOT DOGS
This recipe is a great way to mix up the traditional preparation of hot dogs. Kids love it and adults enjoy the unique approach. Vegetarians can substitute hot dogs with soy wieners.
Provided by Aric Ross
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prick each wiener with a fork.
- Place wieners into a greased casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over wieners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
More about "barbecued hot dogs recipes"
HOW TO GRILL THE PERFECT HOT DOG - READY SET EAT
SAUCY BBQ HOT DOGS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
SWEET CROCK POT HONEY BBQ HOT DOGS - RECIPES THAT …
THE BEST GRILLED HOT DOGS - PLAIN CHICKEN
10 BEST LEFTOVER HOT DOG RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
20 BEST HOT DOG RECIPES | EASY IDEAS FOR HOT DOGS - FOOD …
23 WILD & CRAZY HOT DOG RECIPES FOR GRILLING SEASON
GRILLED BACON-WRAPPED STUFFED HOT DOGS - SIMPLY …
GRILLED SPIRAL HOT DOG WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE | MUSCLE
25 BEST OF THE BEST HOT DOG RECIPES - GREAT HOLIDAY RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BOURBON HOT DOGS - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
BEST GRILLED HOT DOG PANINI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A GRILLED HOT …
THE BBQ HOT DOG RECIPE - ALL THINGS BARBECUE
SWEET HEAT BBQ HOT DOGS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
APPETIZER HOT DOGS IN BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SMOKED HOT DOGS | BBQ HERO
HEINZ®BARBECUED HOT DOGS RECIPE | HEINZ®
THE BEST GRILLED HOT DOGS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GRILLED BARBECUED HOT DOGS - A SOUTHERN SOUL
3 ORIGINAL HOT DOG IDEAS FOR YOUR BBQ – ST PIERRE BAKERY US
THE BEST BARBEQUE HOT DOGS – EASY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
HOT DOGS FROM RECTEQ
10 WAYS TO SERVE GRILLED HOT DOGS RECIPE
GRILLED HOT DOG CHALLENGE - THE RECIPES - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
HEINZ®BARBECUED HOT DOGS RECIPE | HEINZ®
GRILLED CARROT HOT DOGS BEST RECIPES
20 HOT DOG SIDE DISHES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOMEMADE HOT DOG : BBQGUYS
21 EASY HOT DOG RECIPES - BEST HOT DOG TOPPING IDEAS
SLOW COOKER BBQ HOT DOGS - PLAIN CHICKEN
BARBECUED HOT DOGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO GRILL (PERFECT) HOT DOGS - THEHOTDOG.ORG
CROCK POT BARBECUE HOT DOGS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MARINATED GRILLED HOT DOGS - REAL MOM KITCHEN - BEEF
LOADED BBQ HOT DOG - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
COOKING HOT DOGS ON A GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL - EXTRA BBQ SAUCE
SMOKED HOT DOGS [TEMPERATURES, BEST WOODS & RECIPE]
30 BEST HOT DOG RECIPES - HOT DOG TOPPING IDEAS
TOP 20 EASY HOMEMADE LEFTOVER HOT DOG RECIPES - LACADEMIE
LOADED BBQ BACON HOT DOGS - TASTY BITES
HOW TO GRILL PREFECT HOT DOGS | TRAEGER GRILLS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #easy #dietary
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook a hot dog?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and brown sugar and cook until onion is soft but not yet brown, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Cut a slit through each hot dog and fill with cubes of cheese food.
How to cook hot dogs on a charcoal grill?1 Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly oil the grill grates. 2 Grill the hot dogs, turning, until lightly charred in spots, 5 to 7 minutes, brushing with barbecue sauce during the last minute of cooking. 3 Toast the buns on the grill, about 30 seconds. Serve the hot dogs on the buns.
What are the ingredients in a hot dog recipe?Ingredients 1 3/4 cup chopped onion 2 3 tablespoons butter 3 1-1/2 cups chopped celery 4 1-1/2 cups ketchup 5 3/4 cup water 6 1/3 cup lemon juice 7 3 tablespoons brown sugar 8 3 tablespoons white vinegar 9 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 10 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 11 2 packages (1 pound each) hot dogs 12 20 hot dog buns, split More ...
How do you cook a hot dog bun on the grill?Place your bun face down on the grill and heat for 1 minute. Be sure to remove the bun as soon as your minute is up. Keeping the bun on the grill for too long will dry out the bread. Pro tip: Elevate the flavor of your hot dog bun by using melted garlic butter.