- Place egg yolks in a food processor. (To avoid using raw eggs, substitute yolks from pasteurized eggs.)
- Add mustard and lemon juice. Pulse ingredients until well combined.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream (mixture should become thick and emulsified). Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 g, Fat 12 g
Forget shop-bought and make your own homemade mayonnaise. It takes a little effort but it's well worth it to accompany your favourite dishes
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Tip the egg yolks and mustard into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk together until completely combined. Whisking constantly, add a small drop of oil and whisk until completely combined, then add another drop and continue a drop at a time until the yolks and oil combine and start to thicken. Once you're confident the oil and eggs are coming together you can add the oil a bit more at a time, but be patient, as adding the oil too quickly will cause the mayonnaise to split and curdle.
- Once all the oil has been whisked into the eggs and you have a thick, spoonable mayonnaise, whisk in the vinegar or lemon juice and season to taste. Will keep in the fridge for two days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 0.2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.2 grams sugar, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.17 milligram of sodium
Make mayonnaise at home with Alton Brown's easy recipe from Food Network: An egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar and oil get whisked together until emulsified.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 9 fluid ounces
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a glass bowl, whisk together egg yolk and dry ingredients. Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a separate bowl then thoroughly whisk half into the yolk mixture. Start whisking briskly, then start adding the oil a few drops at a time until the liquid seems to thicken and lighten a bit, (which means you've got an emulsion on your hands). Once you reach that point you can relax your arm a little (but just a little) and increase the oil flow to a constant (albeit thin) stream. Once half of the oil is in add the rest of the lemon juice mixture.
- Continue whisking until all of the oil is incorporated. Leave at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours then refrigerate for up to 1 week.
EASY HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
After realizing how quick and easy it is to make homemade mayo (and how much better it tastes) I will never buy store bought again! All you need is an immersion blender, a few ingredients, and a couple of minutes to make the most delicious and creamy mayonnaise.
Provided by Dishing It
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place light olive oil, egg, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Use a hand-held immersion blender to blend mixture together, placing the blade directly on top of the egg yoke. Pull up the immersion blender slowly when fully emulsified, taking care not to over blend. Store in a tightly closed container; refrigerate until using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 170.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASIEST SALAD DRESSING
- Combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously to mix, then pour over your salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 10.4 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 301.7 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
BEST EVER HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
Everyone we know loves this easy-to-make mayonnaise and asks us for the recipe. Now it is here for them. Use the very best eggs you can buy. This is the first recipe I have posted. I hope you like it and use it as much as we do. By the way, the 32 servings are tablespoons.
Provided by Petroushka
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 cups, 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put first four ingredients in a food processor or blender, and buzz them for 30-40 seconds.
- With the motor still running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream (like string).
- When all the oil is incorporated, keep running the machine for another 10-20 seconds.
- Refrigerate the mayonnaise. If your eggs are ultra fresh, the mayonnaise can keep for two to three weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.9, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 11.6, Sodium 149.9, Carbohydrate 0.1, Protein 0.4
EASY HOMEMADE OLIVE OIL MAYONNAISE
Have you ever wanted to try homemade olive oil mayonnaise but were afraid it would be a hassle? This recipe uses an immersion blender, but don't worry if you don't have one--I've included instructions to make it without it in the note section of this recipe. You'll never want to buy regular mayonnaise again once you see how easy making it homemade really is!
Provided by Cheryl King
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour eggs, olive oil, canola oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, dry mustard, and salt into a large mason jar.
- Place the blade of an immersion blender near the bottom of the jar and blend, starting at high speed until combined, about 20 seconds. Raise the blender using an up and down motion and mix until mayonnaise is emulsified, about 1 minute.
- Place a lid on the jar and refrigerate until use, for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.2 calories, Carbohydrate 0.1 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 22.1 mg
BASIC LIGHT MAYONNAISE
- Place egg, mustard and vinegar in a food processor. Process until well blended.
- With the machine running, slowly dribble the oil into the feed tube to make a thick mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 245, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 76 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SIMPLE HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
Only a few ingredients, only 15 mins prep time, add garlic during preparation to turn it into aioli.
Provided by bronwenmclaren
Yield Serves 5
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Sit a large bowl on a cloth to stop it moving. Put the egg yolks into the bowl with the Dijon mustard and a little seasoning and whisk well until smooth.
- Gradually add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking all the time. You should have a smooth, quite thick mayonnaise that stands in peaks.
- Add lemon juice to taste and briefly whisk.
- If it's too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water to give a good consistency.
HANDMADE BASIC MAYONNAISE
- Put first 5 ingredients in a clean bowl and whisk until blended.
- Beat in the oil drop by drop.
- As the sauce thickens increase the flow of oil, but be slow and patient. The sauce, when finished will be very thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt or vinegar if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1486.1, Fat 166.2, SaturatedFat 23.8, Cholesterol 166, Sodium 1202, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 2.5
I have been using the recipe from the Cuisinart instruction booklet for over 15 years. This is the new recipe that is prepared without raw eggs. It is much safer to eat, produces perfect mayonnaise every time, and is a snap to make.
Provided by Miss V
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 1 3/4 Cups Mayonnaise
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Insert the metal blade in your food processor. Process the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, wine vinegar, water, sugar and flour until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer the egg mixture to a small (7 or 9 inch ) nonstick skillet, and heat over very low heat while gently begins to thicken and resemble a custard sauce, remove from the heat while still stirring and set in a pan of ice and water to stop the cooking. Stir until the egg mixture is cooled; let rest for 5 minutes. Wash the work bowl, metal blade and lid in hot soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Insert the metal blade. Process the cooled egg mixture with the dry mustard, salt and cayenne until blended, 1 minute. Scrape the work bowl. With the machine running, add the olive oil through the hole in the small feed tube very slowly. Scrape the work bowl. With the machine running, add the vegetable oil through the hole slowly into the emulsion. The mayonnaise will thicken as the oil is added. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Remove to a container, cover and keep refrigerated. Keeps 3-4 days refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239, Fat 22, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 228.7, Sodium 1374, Carbohydrate 4.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2, Protein 6.3
More about "basic mayonnaise recipes"
BASIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 1Calories 94 per serving
HOW TO MAKE MAYONNAISE | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
50 FLAVOURS OF MAYONNAISE - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS …
39 MAYONNAISE RECIPES THAT HELP YOU USE UP THE JAR
BASIC MAYONNAISE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
25 TOP-RATED RECIPES MADE DELECTABLE WITH MAYONNAISE
HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE - THE GRACIOUS WIFE
10 BEST MAYONNAISE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BASIC HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST QUICK & EASY KETO MAYONNAISE - RECIPE - DIET …
13 BEST MAYONNAISE RECIPES | EASY MAYONNAISE RECIPES …
FAIL-PROOF HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE - INSPIRED TASTE
HOMEMADE BASIC MAYONNAISE - STAY AT HOME MUM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE (EASY!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BASIC MAYONNAISE – DR. DAVID LUDWIG
HOW TO MAKE MAYONNAISE - CULINARY HILL
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC MAYONNAISE - ESCOFFIER
EASY 4 INGREDIENTS HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE
CLASSIC MAYONNAISE | RICARDO
BASIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC MAYONNAISE | RICARDO
4-INGREDIENT HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST EGG MAYONNAISE EVER - CARRIE'S KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE MAYONNAISE (+VIDEO) | MASALAHERB.COM
BASIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE MAYONNAISE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
TWO-MINUTE MAYONNAISE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SIMPLE CHICKEN SALAD WITH MAYO - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
HOME MADE MAYONNAISE - EASY SIMPLE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
EASY MAYONNAISE RECIPE | THE GOOD OLD WAY
HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE IN 30 SECONDS - AS EASY AS APPLE PIE
HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE (MY FAIL-PROOF METHOD)
EASY MAYONNAISE HOMEMADE IN ONE MINUTE - MY KIDS LICK THE BOWL
EASY GARLIC MAYONNAISE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
BASIC MAYONNAISE - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do I need to make mayonnaise?You will need the following: Egg — You need to use egg to make mayonnaise. We do use raw egg in the recipe. For mayonnaise made without egg, see our vegan mayonnaise recipe. Personally, I don’t have an issue adding raw egg to the recipe, but if you are concerned about eating raw eggs, buy pasteurized eggs.
How do you make mayonnaise with egg yolk and salt?Place the egg yolk and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the lemon juice and mustard; blend well. With the motor running, add the oil, drop by drop. This will take a few minutes. Don’t rush it or the mayonnaise may “break,” meaning the oil will separate from the egg.
How do you make mayonnaise with oil and lemon juice?Add the lemon juice and mustard; blend well. With the motor running, add the oil, drop by drop. This will take a few minutes. Don’t rush it or the mayonnaise may “break,” meaning the oil will separate from the egg.
What is a good recipe for mayonnaise with bacon?Smoky Mayo… 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon (drained, cooled & finely chopped), 2 cloves roasted garlic, pepper to taste. 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons finely grated smoke cheddar cheese, squeeze of lemon juice, pepper to taste. 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Tangy & Tasty Mayos…