BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE
For a simple yet impressive appetizer, marinate scallops in lime juice and then toss with a bright, citrusy mix of olives, tomato, jalapeno, orange juice and parsley. An essential part of Peruvian cuisine, ceviche can be customized with your favorite ingredients and is enjoyed in a variety of ways throughout Latin America.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the scallops and lime juice in a large bowl, making sure the scallops are submerged (add more lime juice if necessary to cover). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours.
- Combine the olives, tomato, onion, jalapeno, orange juice, 2 teaspoons parsley, the sugar, hot sauce and 2 teaspoons salt in a separate large bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain the scallops, reserving 1/4 cup of the lime juice. Add the scallops and reserved lime juice to the olive mixture. Toss and season with pepper. Cover and refrigerate, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Sprinkle the ceviche with the remaining 1 teaspoon parsley. Serve with tortilla chips.
BAY SCALLOPS CEVICHE
- In a large bowl, marinate scallops in lime juice covered overnight in the refrigerator Drain lime juice, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and marinate for 2 1/2 hours in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled with crackers.
- 1. Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 16.
- 2. Spoon the ceviche into small (4-ounce) glasses and garnish with cilantro.
BAY SCALLOP AND TOMATO CEVICHE WITH KEY LIME
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Nobu Matsuhisa and Thomas Buckley, and can be found in their cookbook, "Nobu Miami: The Party Cookbook." Photograph by Masashi Kuma.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 10 small cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix together scallops, tomato, red onion, and cilantro leaves; add dressing and toss to combine. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Serve in small cups garnished with micro cilantro.
A chilled ceviche of bay scallops, lime, avocado, cilantro, and hearts of palm is served in scallop shells atop a bed of rock salt. If the scallops are too large they may be cut in half before marinating. Similarly, if you need to substitute sea scallops you may cut them into 1/2-inch pieces.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 24
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Slice the ends off the limes, and stand on end. Use a paring knife to remove the peel and pith, following the curve of the fruit. Remove sections from membranes, and collect sections and juices in a small bowl. Cut sections into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place scallops, olive oil, lime juice, hearts of palm, and lime pieces in a bowl, and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add avocado and cilantro to ceviche, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Fill scallop shells with 1 heaping tablespoon ceviche, and serve on a tray lined with coarse salt.
More about "bay scallops ceviche recipes"
INA GARTEN'S BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
4.4/5 (125)Category Appetizers
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the scallops, 1/2 cup of the lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt and set aside at room temperature for exactly 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine the cucumbers, shallots, scallions, avocado, bell pepper, parsley, jalapeño pepper, and garlic. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the Sriracha. Pour over the vegetables and combine.
- 3. When ready to serve, lift the scallops out of the lime juice with a slotted spoon (discard the liquid) and add them to the vegetable mixture. Stir well and spoon into the lettuce leaves for serving.
BEST BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
3/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 4-6
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE – RECIPES NETWORK
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE WITH MANDARIN ORANGES - MEATIFIED
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE - TONY IN THE HOUSE
SCALLOP CEVICHE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE | PUNCHFORK
GREEN CEVICHE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST BAY SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE BY FOOD DUDES' CHEF, CORY KURTZMAN
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - WILDGAME GOURMET
MEXICAN-INSPIRED BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - COOKING WITH BOOKS
ORANGE JUICE BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE WITH SPICED AVOCADO SALSA
BAY SCALLOPS GRATIN BEST RECIPES
BEST RECIPES THAT START WITH FROZEN BAY SCALLOPS | ALLRECIPES
SCALLOP CEVICHE | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
SCALLOP AND BAY SHRIMP CEVICHE TOSTADAS - KARISTA BENNETT
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
SEA SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - URBAN COWGIRL
BAY SCALLOPS CEVICHE | HEINEN'S GROCERY STORE
RECIPE FOR SCALLOPS CEVICHE W/ ORANGES & PEPITAS FROM IFC SEAFOOD
SCALLOP CEVICHE - TRADER JOE'S
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE - NUTMEG NANNY
SHRIMPE CEVICHE AND BAY SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE WITH AVOCADO SALSA - GUSTO TV
104 BAY SCALLOP RECIPES | RECIPELAND
TAYLOR BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE - SOUTH AMERICAN RECIPES
10 BEST BAY SCALLOP APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN BAY SCALLOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAYLOR BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
PERUVIAN SCALLOP CEVICHE - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CEVICHE WITH TEQUILA RECIPE
BAY SCALLOPS CEVICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAY SCALLOPS RECIPES - NYT COOKING
SCALLOP CEVICHE RECIPE
SCALLOP CEVICHE - SCALLOP CEVICHE - FOOD NETWORK
BAY SCALLOP CEVICHE - SUPER SAFEWAY
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-1-or-2 #healthy #lunch #seafood #mexican #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #scallops #low-in-something #shellfish #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love