MARTY'S BEAN BURGER CHILI
My husband and I met while working the dinner shift at a homeless shelter that served my chili. I've revised the chili using bean veggie burgers. -Marty Nickerson, Ellington, Connecticut
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place all ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 6g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1151mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 19g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
CHILI BEAN BURGERS (VEGGIE BURGERS)
Great veggie burger recipe with a chili and cumin kick in it. We make these all the time to get a vegetarian protein fix. Adapted from a great Moosewood Restaurant Recipe. These are really filling, so we've found that slightly thinner, smaller patties are usually better, and you can fit toppings on that way. We will also sometimes add a tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes in with the cumin and chili pepper to really spice it up!
Provided by Two Expats in France
Yield 6-8 patties
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute onions and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add carrots, chili powder and cumin. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Mash the beans in a large bowl with a potato masher or the back of a spoon, or run through a food processor.
- Add the mustard, soy sauce, ketchup or tomato paste and the sauteed vegetables.
- Mix in the oats.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Moisten your hands and form the burger mixture into six or so patties.
- Oil a nonstick skillet and cook burgers on medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes on each side. Put them on a bun and they are good to go with ketchup or whatever sauce you like and toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)!
HEALTHY CHILI BEAN AND BULGUR BURGERS
Don't let these veggie burgers fool you: They may look like fried-chicken sandwiches, but they're actually packed with plant protein and fiber and flavor! We love the simple broiler method for cooking the patties. A light coating of cooking spray makes the outside come out nice and crunchy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring the bulgur and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain, and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and cayenne, and whisk until the oil is yellow and the spices are fragrant, about 45 seconds. Let the chili oil cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the sour cream, lime zest and juice, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Position an oven rack at the top of the oven, and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Mash the beans, cooked bulgur, cheese, breadcrumbs, scallions, chili oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt with a potato masher in a large bowl until the mixture is well combined and holds together when squeezed. Form into 4 uniform patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheet, and generously coat each with cooking spray. Broil until a golden-brown crust forms, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the broiler, flip each patty with a metal spatula and coat the tops with cooking spray. Broil until the tops are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Halve, pit and slice the avocado. Put each patty on a muffin bottom and sprinkle with additional cheese if using; top with some sour cream-lime sauce, avocados and sprouts, and sandwich with the muffin top.
HOMEMADE BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.4 calories, Carbohydrate 33.1 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 9.8 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 607.3 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
VEGGIE BEAN BURGERS
Even though the preparation for this meal seems time-consuming on a busy night, it's so worth it. The recipe will leave you with plenty of leftovers so you won't have to do any cooking the next night. These also beat the veggie burgers from the freezer section. -Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 30-40 minutes. , In a large bowl, mash beans until almost smooth; stir in eggs, pepper sauce and seasonings. Pulse bran cereal in a food processor until finely ground; remove to a small bowl. Pulse vegetables and garlic in food processor until finely chopped; add to bean mixture. Add cheese and rice to food processor; pulse to blend, then add to bean mixture. Stir in ground cereal., Shape mixture into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties; place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until browned, 6-8 minutes per side. Serve in buns. If desired, top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 814mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 15g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
SPICY CHILI BEAN BURGERS
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mash beans with fork until no whole beans remain. Add crushed cereal, oats, onions and egg; mix well. Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add patties; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- For each sandwich, place 1/4 cup spinach leaves and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of bun; top with bean burger and top half of bun.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 12 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 800 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "bean chili veggie burgers recipes"
BEAN CHILI WITH VEGGIE BURGER - STUFFED AT THE GILL'S
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THE BEST BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGER - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE WITH BAKED CHILI FRIES
CHILI BLACK BEAN BURGERS - FOOD DOODLES
CHILI & LIME LUPINI BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS – BRAMI SNACKS
VEGGIE & BEAN CHILI - DOLLAR GENERAL
MOM KNOWS BEST: VEGGIE BURGERS MADE WITH BEANS AND RICE
GRILLABLE HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGER WITH CHILI BEANS » VEGGIE ...
TRIPLE-BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
10 UNBEATABLE BEAN BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST HEALTHY CHILI BEAN AND BULGUR BURGERS RECIPES | …
VEGETARIAN RECIPES AROUND THE WORLD - MEXICAN CHILI BURGERS
30 EASY KIDNEY BEAN RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
CHILI BEAN BURGERS (VEGGIE BURGERS) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE FOR BLACK BEAN BURGERS LIKE CHILI'S - CREATE THE ...
CHILI BEAN BURGERS! RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT)
CHILI BEAN BURGERS: AN ALL CREATURES VEGETARIAN VEGAN RECIPE
SPICY CHILI BEAN BURGERS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
THREE BEAN CHILI BURGER FROM THE BEST VEGGIE BURGERS ON ...
BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
VEGETARIAN CHILI BURGERS WITH CHIPOTLE AIOLI - PEAS AND ...
MY FAVORITE BLACK BEAN BURGERS - EATING BIRD FOOD
AVOCADO CHILI BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS - HEALTHY SLOW COOKING
RESTAURANT-STYLE MEATLESS BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE ...
VEGETARIAN CHILI BURGERS - NUTMEG NOTEBOOK
THE BEST BLACK BEAN BURGERS I'VE EVER HAD - SALLY'S BAKING ...
SPICY VEGAN BEAN BURGER RECIPE AND THE ART OF MAKING ...
GREEN CHILE BLACK BEAN BURGERS | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
GREEN CHILI VEGGIE BURGERS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
FAVORITE VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
2 BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS WITH SWEET CHILI SALSA, SUPER EASY ...
VEGAN CHILI RECIPE FOR BURGERS & DOGS - EATPLANT-BASED
BEAN CHILI VEGGIE BURGERS – RECIPES NETWORK
BEST VEGAN CHILI RECIPE EVER VEGGIE BURGER - CREATE THE ...
BEAN AND VEGGIE “BURGERS” | THE CHARMED KITCHEN
CHILI LIME VEGETARIAN BURGER - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
CHILI BEAN VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE | DELI-BERLIN | COOKING ...
You'll also love