BEST CHEESE SAUCE
This fabulous cheese sauce is as easy to make as it is versatile. A smooth, fail-safe sauce for Welsh rarebit, Horseshoe sandwiches, vegetables, and pasta. Try it over poached eggs and toast. Wow!
Provided by Pam Witzig
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour and cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. Keep warm until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 178.2 mg, Fat 59.9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 37.8 g, Sodium 1223.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
HOMEMADE CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and salt until a paste forms. Slowly add milk; cook and stir until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add cheese, stir to combine, and cook until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.6 g, Cholesterol 18.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 119.4 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
PASTA WITH BACON, BEER AND CHEESE SAUCE
- To start your mise en place, first bring a pot of cold water to a boil to cook the pasta. Dice the onion and émincé the garlic. Finely dice the red pepper and roughly chop the thyme. Next, dice the bacon or cut it into lardons. Lastly, measure out the butter, flour, milk and beer, and gather the seasonings
- Heat a heavy sauce pan over medium heat and add the butter and bacon. Let the bacon cook until the fat renders (melts). The bacon should almost be cooked but not browned. Then add the onion, garlic and red pepper and gently cook, turning the heat down to medium-low to avoid any browning. Cook until the onion and garlic begin to soften and release their flavors. Then season with the paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra heat, if desired. Next, sprinkle the mixture with the flour and stir to form a roux. Let this cook gently for about 2 minutes, being careful not to let the bottom scorch or burn. Then add the beer and stir to combine. Add the milk a bit at a time to temper it. This will prevent lumps from forming. Continue until all of the milk has been incorporated. Finally, add the thyme. Turn the heat up to medium, if needed, to bring the sauce up to a gentle simmer. Once the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low. Stir occasionally and let cook for about 10 minutes or so. While the sauce cooks, go ahead and cook the pasta. You now have a flavored variation of a classic béchamel sauce.
- To cook the pasta, add the salt to the boiling water and stir. Then add the pasta and stir to prevent it from sticking together. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or according to the instructions on the package. For this dish, the pasta should not be al dente, as you want a soft texture. While the pasta cooks, grate the cheese and stir the sauce occasionally. Test the pasta and once it is just cooked through, reserve a bit of the cooking water (in case you need to thin the sauce out later). Next, turn off the heat and add some cold water to the pot of pasta. This will slow the cooking process so you can finish the sauce.
- To finish the sauce, turn off the heat and temper in the grated cheddar by adding it a little bit at a time. Stir each time until the cheese melts. By adding a bit of cheese at a time, you prevent the sauce from splitting. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- To finish the dish, drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Then pour the sauce over top and gently fold everything together. If the sauce seems a bit too thick, you can thin it out with a bit of the reserved pasta water. Taste for seasoning, serve immediately and enjoy.
BEER CHEESE SPAGHETTI SAUCE
I can't take credit for this one. I grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, and love the Spaghetti Works. I found this recipe ages ago somewhere online (I've since lost the link) and it's pretty close to what I remember!
Provided by Jen Blake
Categories Other Sauces
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. (For ease, use the Cheese Whiz jar to measure milk, beer, and broth.)
- 2. Heat cheese, milk, beer and broth to 140 degrees, stirring constantly. Melt butter in saucepan and add flour. Stir until blended. Cook 2 minutes but do not brown. Stir into cheese mixture and heat to 160 degrees stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add bacon bits. Serve over favorite pasta. This freezes very well. Add small amounts of milk to desired consistency when reheating.
People also searched
More about "beer cheese sauce pasta recipes"
CREAMY BEER CHEESE SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
4.9/5 (34)Total Time 15 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 245 per serving
- In a saucepan, melt butter over MED heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Cook 30 seconds, while whisking occasionally.
- Add beer, whisking continuously as you pour, eliminating any lumps from the flour mixture. Slowly add in milk, whisking as you pour.
- Cook over MED heat, whisking often, for several minutes, until mixture has thickened. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
EASY - ONEHOWTO
5/5 (5)Total Time 15 mins
- Making this easy and delicious cheese sauce only takes a few minutes. To begin, choose whatever cheese you like. You could have Cheddar served with nachos and homemade guacamole, or a blue cheese if you want to give your grilled meat a special taste. But today, we're going to make pasta, so the ideal cheeses to choose are Emmental, Guyère or Cheddar.
- Take your chosen cheese and grate it to make it easier to melt. Then melt the butter over a low heat in a pot. Once the butter has melted, add in 3 tablespoons of sifted flour and stir well to avoid lumps.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and keep stirring over a low heat. Pour in the milk gradually, while stirring. Remember that if you use two cups of milk as suggested, your cheese sauce will be more runny, whereas if you use less milk, your sauce will be stronger and thicker. This texture is perfect for a cheddar cheese sauce, for example.
- Once the mixture is as thick as you want it to be, add in the grated cheese and stir until it has melted completely. Try it, and add salt and pepper if necessary. Turn off the heat when the cheese has fully melted. You see it's simple! With these simple steps you'll get a rich and easy cheese sauce for pasta with milk, ready to pour on your pasta dish. Why not give it a go?
BEER CHEESE SAUCE MAC AND CHEESE - BOLD AND EASY PASTA RECIPE - …
Reviews 2Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. Cook pasta according to the box instructions. Drain completely once pasta is cooked.
- Prepare the ingredients before starting to cook the sauce because this is a fast recipe and you will want to have the ingredients next to you. Measure ingredients and grate the cheese.
BEER CHEESE PASTA SAUCE - A SPAGHETTI WORKS COPYCAT RECIPE - AN …
4.4/5 (9)Total Time 11 minsCategory Sauce/ToppingCalories 450 per serving
- In a medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat, heat half & half, Cheez Whiz, beer and beef broth, stirring constantly. When sauce reaches approximately 140 degrees F. add the roux. Continue cooking, stirring constantly until sauce reaches 160 degrees F. Don't let it come to a boil, you don't want it to curdle.
BEER CHEESE SAUCE | COOKING WITH BEER | BEER CUISINE - CHEF’S TABLE
4/5 (1)Servings 3Cuisine American, Beer Cuisine, FrenchCategory Appetizer, Cheese See details »
BACON BEER MACARONI AND CHEESE - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Entree , PastaTotal Time 55 mins See details »
BEER CHEESE SAUCE PASTA RECIPES
See details »
BEER CHEESE AND SAUSAGE PASTA (READY IN 15 MINUTES!) - PLAIN …
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a medium saucepan, heat beer over medium-high heat until it bubbles. Stir in flour and cheese. Whisk until cheese has melted and is smooth. Whisk in Worcestershire, dry mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
PASTA TWISTS WITH BEER-CHEESE SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - …
4.5/5 (3)Calories 426 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms in margarine or butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add beer and heat through. Remove pan from heat. Gradually add cheddar cheese, stirring just until melted. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange pasta on individual plates or a large platter. Spoon the sauce over pasta. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
BEER CHEESE MACARONI - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
Ratings 2Calories 1073 per servingCategory Side Dish See details »
BEER CHEESE SAUCE - JUGGLING ACT MAMA
Reviews 9Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
BEER CHEESE SAUCE - BAD MANNERS
Servings 2Category Side Dish See details »
BEER HORSERADISH CHEESE SAUCE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
Reviews 12Category Appetizer, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins See details »
BUTTER BURGER WITH BEER CHEESE SAUCE AND BACON RECIPE | TRISHA …
5/5 (6)Author Trisha YearwoodServings 4Category Main-Dish See details »
BEER SAUCE RECIPE COLLECTION (WITH PICS & VIDEOS) - CRAFT BEERING
5/5 (1)Category Cooking With Beer See details »
TOASTED BEEF RAVIOLI & BEER CHEESE DIP - ROSINA FOODS | MEATBALL …
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins See details »
BEER CHEESE SAUCE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
5/5 (2) See details »
CHEESE SAUCE WITH PASTA - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
WHITE OR CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE FROM LINWAITE | MYRECIPES.COM …
See details »
10 BEST BEER PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
See details »
BEER CHEESE PASTA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
See details »
BEER CHEDDAR SAUCE FOR PRETZELS RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST BEER CHEESE SAUCE VELVEETA RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
You'll also love