ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss beets with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover dish tightly with foil and roast until tender when pierced with a knife, 45 to 60 minutes, depending on size. When cool enough to handle, rub beets with a paper towel to remove skins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mint, cumin, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Spoon yogurt sauce over beets and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g
GOLDEN BEET AND BEET-GREENS SALAD WITH YOGURT, MINT AND DILL
- Roast the beets: Put them in a baking dish in one layer (if some beets are larger, halve them so they will cook evenly). Add about 2 inches water to the pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for at least an hour, or up to one and a half hours, until fork tender. Remove the foil, pour off the liquid and let cool for a few minutes, then peel while still slightly warm. Cut into wedges and set aside.
- Cut beet greens into 1-inch ribbons, then wash well 3 times in abundant cold water to remove any sand or grit. Bring a large pot salted water to boil. Add the greens and cook briefly till wilted, about 2 minutes. Drain, cool under running water, then squeeze out excess water.
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the coriander and cumin seeds until fragrant and just lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Grind to a coarse powder in a mortar or spice mill.
- Make the vinaigrette: Put the onion, garlic and vinegar in a small bowl and leave for 5 minutes or so, then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Make the yogurt sauce: Put the yogurt in small bowl. Add the garlic, salt and pepper, cayenne, cumin-coriander mixture, mint and olive oil.
- Season the beet wedges lightly with salt and dress with half the vinaigrette. In a separate bowl, lightly salt the greens and dress with remaining vinaigrette. Arrange dressed beets and greens on a platter and top with a little smear of the yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with dill, and pass the rest of the yogurt sauce at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 222, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 680 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams
CARAMELIZED BEETS WITH ORANGE-SAFFRON YOGURT
This astonishingly pretty platter is equally delicious, a signature of the British chef Yotam Ottolenghi, who provided the recipe: soft, sweet beets against the tart astringency of the orange-tinctured yogurt, its coolness threaded with saffron. It is also an ace make-ahead dish: You can prepare the yogurt and the beets the night before serving, or in the morning. Look for a good variety of beets if you can, for reasons of color and taste alike: golden ones to offset the red, say, with a mixture of candy canes between the two.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield Serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 400. Put the beets into a high-sided baking pan, so that they fit together relatively snugly. Cut off the top of the head of garlic and place it, cut side up, in one corner of the pan. Mix together 1 cup oil and the butter and drizzle it over the beets and garlic. Cover the tray tightly with aluminum foil and roast for approximately 1 hour, or until the beets are soft when pierced with a knife and the garlic is soft and caramelized.
- Remove the beets and garlic from the oven and allow to sit until the beets are cool enough to handle, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Lift them out of the oil, peel and discard the skin and place them in a medium bowl with a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil from the baking pan. Mix well and set aside.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and into a small bowl. Roughly mash with the back of a fork before adding the yogurt, saffron threads and water, the lemon juice, orange zest and a pinch of salt. Stir well and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Place a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When it shimmers, add the almonds and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring and tossing frequently, until they begin to turn golden. Add the red pepper flakes and the orange juice and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated, approximately 30 seconds. Spoon the nuts onto a wide plate and set aside to cool.
- When you are ready to serve, spoon the yogurt onto a large serving plate and spread it out slightly. Top with the beets, making sure that you can still see yogurt at the edges. Sprinkle the almonds over the top, then the basil, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 481, UnsaturatedFat 29 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 44 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 572 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BEETS WITH MINT AND YOGURT
- Peel the beet and grate it coarsely.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl and beat it lightly with a fork or a whisk until it is smooth and creamy. Add the salt, pepper to taste, and cayenne, if using. Mix. Add the mint and beet. Mix gently.
- Put the oil and garlic in a small frying pan and set over medium-high heat. The garlic will eventually begin to sizzle. Press down on the garlic with a spatula and let it sizzle some more, turning the pieces once or twice, until they turn a medium brown. Now pour the flavored oil and garlic into the bowl with the yogurt and mix.
BEETS WITH CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE AND MINT
Top these beets with a smooth, Greek-yogurt based dressing for a dish that's both hearty and heart-healthy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wrap the garlic cloves together in a piece of parchment paper; wrap each beet separately in parchment. Place the garlic and beets in a microwave-safe dish and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the garlic and set aside, still wrapped. Continue to cook the beets in intervals of 2 minutes, until they can be easily pierced with a knife, 8 to 10 minutes. Let sit wrapped in parchment to complete the cooking process and until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, broth, vinegar, oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Peel the garlic cloves, mash completely and whisk into the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. (Alternatively, make the vinaigrette with the microwave-roasted garlic up to a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to blend. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Peel the beets using a paring knife and cut into wedges or slices. Arrange on a platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the mint and pistachios. Serve immediately, while still warm.
BEET YOGURT WITH HERBS
Scoop up this vibrant condiment with wedges of warm pita.
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place beets in a small baking dish and add hot water to come 1/2" up sides of dish; season with salt. Cover beets with a piece of parchment paper, then cover dish tightly with foil.
- Cook beets until tender, about 1 hour. Remove beets from baking dish, let cool slightly, then rub off skins with a paper towel. Coarsely grate beets.
- Mix beets, yogurt, chopped mint, tarragon, oil, and 2 teaspoons vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt and more vinegar, if desired. Cover and chill at least 3 hours to let flavors meld.
- Top beet yogurt with mint leaves.
- DO AHEAD: Beet yogurt can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
SHREDDED BEETS WITH THICK YOGURT
Although the vibrant pink color of this Middle Eastern dip is startling, the flavor is superb. There are many versions. Sometimes the beets are puréed and blended into the yogurt; other times, they are simply sliced or cubed; still other times, a little tahini is blended in for a deeper, richer flavor. In this recipe, the beets are simply grated with the shredding disk of a food processor, then folded into thick, creamy yogurt. Serve as a dip or an accompaniment to fish. Cook time includes chilling time.
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Drain the yogurt to 1½ cups: Line a strainer w/a coffee filter, add yogurt & set aside about 1 hour.
- Cut off all but 1 inch of the beet stalks and leave the roots intact. Rinse the beets well but do not peel. Cook the beets in boiling salted water until tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Drain, slip off the skins under cold running water, and cut away the root ends and stalks. Coarsely grate the beets, using the shredding disk of a food processor or the large holes of a hand grater (latex gloves are recommended for the latter or you'll look like an axe murderer!).
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the beets and yogurt and blend well. Taste and add a pinch of sugar if desired. Transfer to a serving dish, cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.2, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 7.3, Sodium 201.7, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 2, Sugar 16.8, Protein 8.2
More about "beets with mint and yogurt recipes"
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT YOGURT - SIMPLY SO GOOD
5/5 (3)Category Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 482 per serving
- Mix yogurt with fresh mint leaves and a good pinch of Maldon sea salt (or any nice sea salt you may have. Spread on a serving plate, top with roasted beets, finish with another pinch of sea salt. Serve with lentils on the side.
25 BEST BEET RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH BEETS - FOOD COM
BEETS WITH LABNEH AND MINT - CHEF'S MANDALA
CRUSHED BEETS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON …
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH MINT YOGURT - LIVING SWEET …
RECIPE: ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT YOGURT - SEED SAVERS …
BEET YOGURT WITH HERBS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT YOGURT DRESSING RECIPE
SALT-ROASTED BEETS WITH YOGURT, PRESERVED LEMONS AND WALNUTS
RECIPE DETAILS | CANOLA OIL. GOOD FOR EVERY BODY!
RECIPES: ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE AND MORE
GRILLED BEET AND CHARD SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING AND DUKKAH
BEET AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD WITH ALMONDS, YOGURT AND MINT
CHUNKY BEET AND FRESH MINT DIP RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH MINT YOGURT | RECIPE | ROASTED BEETS, …
BEET, DRIED CURRANT AND YOGURT CANAPéS | RICARDO
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH MINT YOGURT - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT YOGURT SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
BEETS WITH MINT AND YOGURT - FLAGCSARECIPES.BLOGSPOT.COM
ROASTED BEETS WITH YOGURT SAUCE - THE FRUGAL CHEF
MINT YOGURT BEET DIP WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATO ROUNDS
BEETS YOGURT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE | THE …
ROASTED BEETS WITH HERBED YOGURT | CHEF MARSHALL O'BRIEN GROUP
GABY'S ROASTED BEETS AND LABNEH - COOKIE AND KATE
GARLIC MINT BEETS | TWISTS & ZESTS
ROASTED BEETS RECIPE
RECIPE: ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT YOGURT | RECIPE | ROASTED BEETS, …
5 STAR MAKEOVER: APPLES WITH BEET HUMMUS AND MINT YOGURT …
ROASTED GOLDEN BEETS RECIPE BY ALISHA RANDELL
HONEY ROASTED BEETS WITH YOGURT - GOURMANDE IN THE KITCHEN
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
ROASTED BEETS & SPICED YOGURT - KEY LIME LEXI
HOT AND COLD GRILLED CUCUMBER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT AND MINT
EASY BEET SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT - 30 DAYS OF GREEK FOOD
ROASTED BEETS WITH MINT-YOGURT SAUCE | NEW ENTRY SUSTAINABLE …
You'll also love