BALSAMIC BRAISED POT ROAST
I first made this braised chuck roast dish to impress my new mother-in-law. She loved it. Luckily, the oven does all the work in this never-fail pot roast. - Kelly Anderson, Glendale, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from pot. , Add celery, carrots and onion to the pot; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add turnips, sweet potato and garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pot. Stir in broth, vinegar and herbs. Return roast to pot; bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender., Remove beef and vegetables; keep warm. Discard herbs from cooking juices; skim fat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pot roast and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405 calories, Fat 20g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 657mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
BALSAMIC-BRAISED POT ROAST
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together the wine, vinegar and sugar; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, dry the meat with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place in the pot and brown well, about 8 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Put the onions into the pan and sauté until translucent and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine mixture.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking at a low boil 3 minutes.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, raisins, strips of lemon zest and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Put the pot roast back into the pan.
- Bring the liquid back to a simmer, cover and place on center oven rack of preheated oven.
- Cook 1 hour.
- Turn the meat, recover and continue cooking about 1 1/2 hours longer, or until the meat is very tender, offering little resistance when pierced with a fork.
- While the meat is cooking, put the olives, parsley and grated lemon zest on a cutting surface and chop together finely.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the roast from the oven.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting surface and cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Degrease the cooking juices.
- Purée about 1 1/2 cups and pour back into the remaining juices.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cut the meat across the grain in thin slices.
- Put into the sauce.
- Keep warm on low heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Pour into a large serving bowl.
- Toss with the olive mixture and some of the sauce.
- Spoon onto serving plates along with the meat.
- Serve extra sauce to the side.
- Note: Use a vegetable peeler to remove strips of the lemon zest, removing only the yellow part of the peel.
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST
This is the best pot roast I've ever had! Simple to make and so tasty. The gravy it makes is so delicious. The combination of ingredients gives it a flavor that excites your taste buds. It's best to use a cast-iron braising pot.
Provided by JimChicago52
Categories Pot Roast
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Season roast with salt and black pepper. Place flour into a shallow bowl and press roast into the flour to coat completely. Cook the meat in the hot oil until browned completely, about 5 minutes per side.
- Spread onion slices over the roast; pour red wine vinegar into the pot around the roast. Drizzle half the balsamic vinegar over the roast and pour the remainder around it. Spread half the crushed tomatoes over the roast and distribute the remaining tomatoes around it. Sprinkle thyme leaves over roast; drizzle hot sauce atop thyme.
- Cover the pot and roast in the preheated oven until the meat is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 592.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 120.3 mg, Fat 37.1 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 35.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 290.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
BALSAMIC BRAISED POT ROAST RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Jomamma
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven 325 Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from pan. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the same pan; cook and stir until tender. Add the turnips, sweet potato and garlic; cook one minute longer. Add the wine (or broth), stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the broth, vinegar and herbs. Return roast to pan; bring to a boil. Cover and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove beef and vegetables; keep warm. Discard the bay leaves from cooking liquid; skim fat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pot roast and vegetables. Best pot roast EVER!
BRAISED BEEF POT ROAST
- Trim fat from beef. Cut a length of kitchen string about four times the length of the roast and wrap once around the length, then around width several times, tying where it comes together.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over moderately high heat. Brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Add vegetables to pan and saute for about 7 minutes or until browned and slightly softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Return beef to pan. Add wine vinegar, stock, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir to blend. Cover and simmer gently about two hours, turning meat every 30 minutes.
- Return vegetables to pot, cover, and simmer about 15 m inutes, or until beef is very tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Slice meat and arrange on platter surrounded by vegetables. Serve with pot juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 68, Sodium 291.4, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.4, Protein 26.6
More about "best braised balsamic pot roast recipes"
BALSAMIC OVEN BRAISED POT ROAST | GREENS & CHOCOLATE
Reviews 2Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC-BRAISED POT ROAST | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST – DRSTARVE
BALSAMIC ROAST BEEF - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST BEST DISHES
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST | RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
BALSAMIC SLOW COOKER POT ROAST RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
THE BEST POT ROAST RECIPE I'VE EVER EATE - OH SWEET BASIL
TENDER POT ROAST - CAFE DELITES
BALSAMIC BRAISED POT ROAST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE: BALSAMIC-BRAISED POT ROAST | THE SEATTLE TIMES
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST | RECIPESTY
BEEF POT ROAST WITH GRAVY | ULTIMATE GUIDE - MOM'S DINNER
BALSAMIC POT ROAST WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS + POTATOES
EASY OVEN BRAISED POT ROAST WITH GARLIC AND THYME
PALEO BALSAMIC CHICKEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST - KHIRAYA.LIFE
OVEN BRAISED BEEF ROAST - OH SWEET BASIL
EASY OVEN-BRAISED POT ROAST RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST | RECIPE | BALSAMIC POT ROAST, POT ...
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST - POT ROAST RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC POT ROAST - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST - REVIEW BY HUGH SILCOX
BALSAMIC POT ROAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BALSAMIC BRAISED POT ROAST RECIPE
BALSAMIC POT ROAST RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THE BEST RECIPES BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST
THE BEST SLOW COOKER POT ROAST! - SIDEWALK SHOES
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST PRINTER FRIENDLY RECIPE
SLOW BRAISED BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BALSAMIC GLAZED POT ROAST, SLOW COOKER OR ... - A FEAST FOR THE EYES
BEST SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC POT ROAST RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE SLOW …
RECIPES/BEST-BRAISED-BALSAMIC-POT-ROAST.JSON AT MASTER · …
BALSAMIC BRAISED POT ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
RED WINE POT ROAST - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST BALSAMIC ROAST BEEF RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
BRAISED EYE ROUND ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST BRAISED BALSAMIC POT ROAST THE BEST RECIPES
You'll also love