BRINE FOR CHICKEN AND TURKEY
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the water, salt, sugar, peppercorns, and allspice in a large stockpot. Stir to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Allow the brine to cool completely.
- Add the ice and then immerse the turkey breast or whatever item being brined. Weigh it down if necessary.
- Transfer to a refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the turkey breast and rinse it thoroughly, when ready to roast. Pour out the brine solution at this point. Cook turkey, per recipe instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 kcal, Carbohydrate 98 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 60718 mg, Sugar 89 g, Fat 1 g, ServingSize 1 1/2 gallons (1 serving), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BEST BRINE EVER (FOR TURKEY OR CHICKEN)
Pretty brazen of me, isn't it? Naming this the BEST brine ever? Better than The Good Eats Turkey Brine, even? Well when you start with a Thomas Keller recipe and Tweak it a bit.... What? Who would DARE to "tweak" a Thomas Keller recipe? Oh, yeah, I'm a little crazy like that! I used this on a turkey, and it turned out to be the "BEST TURKEY EVER!!" according to my husband. I can only imagine the magic it would work on a chicken! The original recipe can be found in Thomas Keller's cookbook Ad Hoc at Home, this is my (very slightly changed) recipe Cooking time = brining time
Provided by CHRISSYG
Yield 2 gallons
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve the salt.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely, then chill before using. The brine can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- For turkey, place the thawed bird into a food grade plastic bucket, pour the cooled brine over top, add ice water to completely submerge the bird (nothing peeking out).
- Place the lid on the bucket and keep cold overnight at least 12 hours.
- Remove from brine, take out any of the aromatics that may be hiding in the cavity of the turkey, pat dry and let the turkey come to room temp for a few hours BEFORE you put it in the oven.
- (For my turkey, I added a fresh lemon, one head of garlic and some fresh herbs to the cavity of the bird before roasting).
- For chicken brine the bird UP TO BUT NOT MORE THAN 12 hours, I've not used this recipe on chicken but I've read the warnings of people who have left chicken in this brine for too long and it comes out salty!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694.5, Fat 1.4, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 113313.4, Carbohydrate 185, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 143.6, Protein 7.9
MY FAVORITE TURKEY BRINE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 18 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine 2 gallons cold water with the apple cider, brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary and orange peels in a large pot. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover.
- Allow to cool completely, then place into the fridge to chill. Place uncooked turkey in the chilled brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the turkey, remove from the brine. Submerge the turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
- Discard the brine. Remove the turkey from the clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.
PERFECT CHICKEN BRINE
Brining chicken adds tons of flavor and keeps the meat moist. Several years of experimenting with ingredients and method and I finally found the right combination for my perfect chicken brine.
Provided by Kate Leifker
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix water, kosher salt, white sugar, garlic, sage, basil, peppercorns, and bay leaf in a large pot over medium-high heat; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the salt and sugar are dissolved completely, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and cover with a lid. Cool brine at room temperature for 2 hours before refrigerating to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 3422.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
THE BEST TURKEY BRINE
This is our go-to brine for turkey. It's simple, flavorful and most importantly leaves you with a succulent, juicy, perfectly-seasoned bird. It's also perfect for chicken, pork chops, Cornish game hens - you name it. While we like the combination of thyme and sage, you can also use other hearty herbs such as rosemary, oregano or marjoram.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 to 14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine 1/2 cup salt, the sugar and 1 quart water in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir until the salt and sugar are fully dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the peppercorns, thyme, sage and lemon strips. Let steep and cool to room temperature.
- Pour the brine into a large stockpot or bucket and add 3 quarts cold water. Remove the neck and giblets (reserve for gravy) from the turkey and put it into the brine, pushing it down to cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine; rinse and pat dry. Cook according to your favorite method.
BASIC ALL PURPOSE BRINE FOR MEATS, CHICKEN, AND TURKEY
- Makes 1 quart- make up additional amounts of brine if needed until meat is submerged.
- Stir ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Place meat or poultry in a food safe plastic bag inside another container for support and leakage control (oven roasting bags are a fine choice- NOT garbage bags).
- Pour cooled brine into bag, and squeeze out as much air as possible and seal with a twistie tie.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours for 3 pounds meat (such as pork ribs), 5-6 hours for a nice roasting hen, or 12-24 hours for a turkey, 12 hours being for a small one and the longer time for those turkeys around 20+ pounds.
- Discard brine before using and pat meat dry.
- If using poultry, you may want to add citrus fruit such as oranges or lemons, additional fresh herbs, or cloves of garlic into the cavity.
- Prepare meat as desired- roast, bbq, etc.
OUT OF THIS WORLD TURKEY BRINE
Best brine for smoked turkey around. This recipe was given to me by my uncle. He is always smoking meat. EDITOR'S NOTE: This recipe uses canning or kosher salt, not table salt. Using table salt in this amount will make the brine too salty.
Provided by SUDEMERS
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a food-grade large bucket or container large enough to hold your turkey, mix together the water, salt, garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Store in a refrigerator, and soak turkey for 2 days before smoking or roasting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 13913.4 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
THE BEST BRINED TURKEY
- In a large stockpot, heat 4 cups of water; sdd sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Add 16 cups cold water, cloves and bay leaves (2 cups of ice can be added to make sure water is cold). Stir to combine.
- Urwrap turkey; wash the turkey inside and out. Place breast side down in the stockpot with brine; water will just cover the turkey. Refrigerate 18-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Take the turkey out of the stock pot; rinse the inside and out with cold water discarding brine. Place the turkey on a roasting rack inside a wide low pan, blotting the turkey with a paper towel. Tuck back the wings and rub the skin of the turkey with the oil. Place a piece of foil just over the breast of the turkey to cover for even roasting. Roast on the lowest rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Pour 1 cup of water into the pan and continue to roast for an additional hour.
- Remove the foil from the breast and cook another 15-30 minutes. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is iin thickest part of inside thigh and does not touch bone. Roast until thermometer reads 165°F and drumsticks move easily when lifted or twisted.
- Let the turkey rest for 20-30 minutes (this is an essential step to allow the juices to redistribute and settle). Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 275 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 84 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 3760 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "best brine ever for turkey or chicken recipes"
HOW TO BRINE CHICKEN OR TURKEY - RECIPE WINNERS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 25 minsCategory Meat And ChickenCalories 690 per serving
- use a measuring jug and measure how much water you need to submerge the bird then remove the bird and place in the refrigerator
TOP 11 TURKEY BRINE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Basic Turkey Brine. This is a good recipe if this is your first time using a brine and you want to start simple. Dissolve kosher salt, garlic, herbs, and allspice berries in water.
- Savory Turkey Brine. This turkey brine combines vegetable stock with kosher salt, sugar, and herbs to create a rich flavor. The mixture is simmered on the stove until the salt is dissolved and then plenty of cold water is added.
- Apple Spice Brine. Since a brine is typically water and salt with a little sweetness to give it flavor, using fruit juices, like orange and apple, in place of the water is a great idea.
- Smoked Turkey Brine. This simple brine adds a nice herb flavor to the bird because it includes fresh tarragon and whole bay leaves. The mixture is best for turkeys that are going to be cooked in the smoker.
- Cranberry Turkey Brine. It only seems right to brine a turkey with seasonal cranberry. The combination of cranberry, apple, and orange juices, salt, garlic, and fresh herbs makes this brine a great option for a Thanksgiving bird.
- Holiday Poultry Brine. The candied ginger and allspice give this brine a unique flavor that is perfect for your holiday turkey. By cooking the salt, sugar, and spices in vegetable stock, you get extra flavor with a mild saltiness that makes for a perfect brine.
- Poultry Brine. This brine works with the added power of pickling spices, which increase the moisture in poultry. Combined with vinegar, brown sugar, and some great seasonings such as tarragon, allspice, and garlic powder, this brine brings a lot of flavor to your turkey.
- Maple and Brown Sugar Brine. This brine has a sweet maple flavor and can be used on any kind of poultry but works especially nicely on turkey. All of the ingredients, which include soy sauce, maple syrup, spices, and brown sugar, are boiled together making for a quick and easy brine.
- Apple Turkey Brine. The apple juice in this turkey brine gives the slightest hint of tartness that fills out the flavors of this recipe. Add to it brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and orange zest and you have a bright, flavorful and tangy brine.
- Citrus Turkey Brine. The citrus fruits in this citrus turkey brine not only add a great tangy flavor but also act to tenderize the meat of the poultry. The mild acid of the lemon will help to carry flavors deep into the meat, and the onion and garlic add a nice savory touch.
KITTENCAL'S BEST BROWN SUGAR TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
DAVID LEITE'S BEST BRINED ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
MY FAVORITE BRINE (GREAT FOR TURKEY OR CHICKEN ... - MRS HAPPY …
TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST TURKEY BRINE EVER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST CHICKEN BRINE EVER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OUR TOP 10 BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPES I TASTE OF HOME
BEST TURKEY BRINE EVER FOR BREAST MEAT - SEASONEST
10 TOP TURKEY BRINE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SUPER EASY TURKEY OR CHICKEN BRINE RECIPE - PERRY'S PLATE
THE BEST CHICKEN BRINE FOR JUICY FLAVORFUL CHICKEN
BEST RECIPE FOR JUICY TURKEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN BRINE - FOR THE JUICIEST ROAST CHICKEN OF YOUR LIFE ...
HOW TO BRINE A TURKEY - BBC GOOD FOOD
TURKEY BRINE RECIPE | MCCORMICK
BASIC BRINE RECIPE (FOR TURKEY OR CHICKEN) - HOWE WE LIVE
58 BRINING TURKEY AND CHICKEN IDEAS | TURKEY BRINE, BRINE RECIPE ...
MY FAVORITE BRINE OF ALL TIME - BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE
BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TURKEY BRINE FROM SCRATCH
5 BEST BRINES FOR THANKSGIVING TURKEY | FOOD & WINE
BEST WET TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST BRINE FOR TURKEY EVER - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE EVER – GALAXY TRAINING
THE BEST BRINED CHICKEN YOU’LL EVER EAT!
BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE EVER BEST RECIPES
BRINE FOR CHICKEN AND TURKEY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO BRINE A TURKEY OR CHICKEN – STEPH GAUDREAU
BEST CHICKEN & TURKEY BRINE OF ALL-TIME
BEST EVER CHICKEN BRINE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THE BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BEST EVER TURKEY BRINE - ADDICTED 2 DIY
BEST TURKEY BRINE EVER – GALAXY TRAINING
BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE EVER | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
THE VERY BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE | MONTANA HAPPY
THE BEST TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
CHICKEN FINGER BRINE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEST TURKEY BRINE - THE FED UP FOODIE
You'll also love