BIBB LETTUCE SALAD
- Carefully cut out the core from each head of lettuce and separate the leaves, but keep each head of lettuce together; discard any tough outer leaves. Because each head of lettuce will be reassembled, the easiest way to work is with one head at a time. First, place the leaves in a bowl of cold water to refresh them and remove any dirt, then lift out and spin-dry in a salad spinner.
- Place the leaves from a single head of lettuce in a bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, a few grinds of pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the shallots and chives, and 1 tablespoon each of the parsley, tarragon, and chervil. Then toss gently with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Repeat with the remaining heads.
- For each serving, arrange the outer lettuce leaves as a base on the plate and rebuild each head of lettuce, ending with the smallest, most tender leaves.
BIBB LETTUCE WITH SHAKEN VINAIGRETTE
- Combine the shallot, mustard, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper in a jar and, with an immersion blender, pulse until the shallot is chopped and the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Break the lettuce leaves off the heads, put them in a large bowl or on a platter, and dress them whole with the vinaigrette. Top with the toasted pine nuts and crumbled blue cheese.
Here's a salad dressing that falls somewhere between special-occasion Caesar and "toss lemon juice and olive oil onto lettuce." By adding a craggy paste of capers and garlic and a pouf of shaved Parmesan to the lemon and olive oil, you get a puckery, salty mix that's packed with umami, just like Caesar, but isn't weighed down by mayonnaise or egg yolks. It works great on arugula, Romaine, kale or radicchio; steamed or roasted vegetables; hard-boiled eggs; and even grains. The recipe developer's mom has been feeding her this dressing since she could chew. Ali adds a bit more garlic and lemon than what you'll find here, so adjust it until it tastes good to you.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- On a cutting board, smash and coarsely mince the garlic. Add 10 grinds of fresh pepper and the capers to the garlic. Chop and press down on the mixture with the side of your knife until a coarse paste forms.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, then stir in the lemon juice, followed by the Parmesan. Slowly add in the olive oil, stirring until emulsified. Taste on a lettuce leaf (or whatever you're dressing) and adjust as needed with acid (lemon), fat (olive oil), and salt (capers and cheese).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 771, UnsaturatedFat 51 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 72 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 19 grams, Sodium 1033 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
TOMATO AND BACON SALAD IN BIBB LETTUCE CUPS
This is a simple, tasty salad or appetizer with a nice presentation. You can also use endive instead of the Bibb lettuce. From Gourmet, this will make 24 appetizers.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl toss together tomatoes, bacon, onion, oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with shredded basil.
- Serve lettuce cups on a platter garnished with basil sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25.9, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 1.4, Sodium 18.6, Carbohydrate 1.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.8, Protein 0.7
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, onion, blueberries, and walnuts.
- Drizzle with half of the Blueberry Vinaigrette, tossing to coat.
- Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- To prepare Blueberry Vinaigrette:.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 731.9, Fat 69.1, SaturatedFat 7.8, Sodium 297.8, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 6, Sugar 17.4, Protein 9.4
BIBB LETTUCE WITH BUTTER DRESSING
- Separate lettuce leaves and put in a large bowl. Halve garlic and in a small heavy skillet heat with butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and butter has a slight nutty aroma, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and discard garlic. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, swirling skillet to incorporate (butter will foam).
- Pour warm dressing over lettuce and toss to coat. Serve salad immediately.
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH HORSERADISH DRESSING
- Place eggs in a small pot, and cover with cold water by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Rinse with cold water, peel, and chop.
- Combine horseradish, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter,sprinkle with chopped egg, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
STACKED BIBB LETTUCES WITH LEMON CREAM
- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, 2 teaspoons water, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream; continue to whisk until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Place half of leaves from one head in a large, shallow bowl. Toss with 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a plate, starting with largest leaves and ending with smallest. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves and 2 to 3 more tablespoons dressing. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
More about "bibb lettuce salads with caper dressing caps recipes"
10 BEST BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN LETTUCE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTER LETTUCE SALAD WITH CITRUS HONEY VINAIGRETTE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CRISP BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
BIBB LETTUCE SALADS WITH CAPER DRESSING CAPS – RECIPES NETWORK
CUCUMBER SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
SEPARATE COURSE SALAD WITH BIBB LETTUCE OR BELGIAN RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE AND CANDIED PECANS RECIPE …
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH PERSIMMONS AND CANDIED PECANS …
SEASONAL BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH SHAVED VEGETABLES AND …
FARIDI CUCUMBER OLIVE OIL WITH RED PROLIFIC WINE VINEGAR AND ...
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD (VRP 036) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
BIBB LETTUCE WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE | CANADIAN LIVING
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP - PATI JINICH
BIBB LETTUCE SALADS WITH CAPER DRESSING CAPS RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH LEMON DILL DRESSING RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH CAPER DRESSING CAPS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST BUTTERHEAD LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
BLOOMING BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH CANDIED PECANS, CAMBOZOLA AND
KENTUCKY BIBB LETTUCE SALAD & BOURBON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH ORANGE & CUMIN DRESSING - NOT NOT …
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - NANCY SILVERTON | FOOD & WINE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH SMOKY RANCH DRESSING - BETTER HOMES
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH VINEGAR-ROASTED BEETS RECIPE
LEMON SALAD DRESSING FOR BIBB LETTUCE RECIPES
BIBB LETTUCE AND HERB SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE - WILLIAMS SONOMA
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH LEMON DILL DRESSING RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS, ORANGES, AND FETA …
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLACK TRUFFLE VINAIGRETTE AND MIMOLETTE
BIBB LETTUCE AND HERB SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE - FOOD CHANNEL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is bibb lettuce?Bibb lettuce is a favorite salad ingredient because it’s rich, velvety, fresh and crisp! Whip up a heart-healthy side dish with this quick and easy bibb lettuce salad recipe.
Can you eat bibb lettuce right off the head?If you can refrain from eating fresh Bibb lettuce right off the head, do the next best thing and put it in a salad. Because the leaves are light and tender, you don't need heavy dressing, if you want any at all.
What goes well with bibb lettuce salad?Whip up a heart-healthy side dish with this quick and easy bibb lettuce salad recipe. Slightly tart and incredibly juicy, grape tomatoes give this salad it’s vibrant color—paired with savory Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper seasonings, this salad will complement anything on your lunch or dinner menu of poultry, beef and fish!
How do you make lettuce salad at home?In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and fresh lime juice and set aside. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and rinse under cold water. Pat dry in a clean kitchen towel or spin them in a salad spinner until they are completely dry then add the leaves to a medium-sized salad bowl.