GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, BASIL AND OLIVES
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the olives and cook, stirring, until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring the salted water to a boil and then add gnocchi. Cook gnocchi, stirring gently until tender, about 1 minute after they rise to the surface of the pot. Drain the gnocchi.
- Bring the tomato sauce back to a simmer over low heat. Add the gnocchi and stir gently with a wooden spoon until coated. Stir in the grated cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL
The eye can influence wine choices almost as easily as the nose or the palate. Snowy little pillows of gnocchi often suggest a white wine, but before me was a plate of dusky ones, darkened with black olive paste. The dish demanded a red wine, one with rustic heft. Black olive gnocchi is a highlight at La Terrazza, the restaurant at the Splendido Hotel in Portofino, Italy, where I opted for a local red, a Rossese di Dolceacqua, alongside. The preparation is simple and will be successful as long as you apply a light touch.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water and boil until tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet, add garlic, cook over medium heat until barely starting to color; stir in tomatoes. Coarsely chop olives and add half to the skillet. Cook briefly, until tomatoes collapse. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- When potatoes are tender, peel and rice them into a large bowl. Mix all but 3 tablespoons flour with 1 1/4 cups cheese, toss with potatoes and pile in a mound on work surface. Make a well in center. Mix egg yolks and olive paste, and place in well. Chop remaining olives finely and add to well. Knead to blend ingredients and form a soft dough. Shape into a ball and divide in 8 portions. Roll each into a rope about 10 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut into 1/2-inch dumplings (gnocchi). Dust with remaining flour and lightly pile in a bowl.
- Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to a fast simmer, add gnocchi and as they rise to the surface, use a slotted spoon or skimmer to remove to a colander. Drain.
- Reheat sauce in skillet, fold in basil and add gnocchi. Heat, mixing gently. Check seasoning and serve, with extra cheese alongside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 521, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 53 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 813 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL
From La Terrazza, the restaurant at the Splendido Hotel in Portofino, Italy. The author of the NY Times article, Florence Fabricant, says the preparation is simple and will be successful as long as you apply a light touch. To be paired with a local red wine, Rossese di Dolceacqua, alongside. It's described as a light-styled Cotes du Rhone. Gnocchi is not something I'd normally make at home, but this recipe looks easy enough. Have not tried this yet.
Provided by Kumquat the Cats fr
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water and boil until tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet, add garlic, cook over medium heat until barely starting to color; stir in tomatoes. Coarsely chop olives and add half to the skillet. Cook briefly, until tomatoes collapse. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- When potatoes are tender, peel and rice them into a large bowl. Mix all but 3 tablespoons flour with 1 1/4 cups cheese, toss with potatoes and pile in a mound on work surface. Make a well in the center. Mix egg yolks and olive paste, and place in well. Chop remaining olives finely and add to well. Knead to blend ingredients and form a soft dough. Shape into a ball and divide into 8 portions. Roll each into a rope about 10 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut into 1/2 inch dumplings (gnocchi). Dust with remaining flour and lightly pile in a bowl.
- Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to a fast simmer, add gnocchi and as they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon. Drain in colander.
- Reheat sauce in skillet, fold in basil and add gnocchi. Heat, mixing gently. Check seasoning and serve with extra cheese alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.8, Fat 22.9, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 122.9, Sodium 688.9, Carbohydrate 51.5, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 4, Protein 17.7
GNOCCHI & TOMATO BAKE
- Heat grill to high. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, then soften 1 chopped onion and 1 finely chopped red pepper for 5 mins.
- Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, fry for 1 min, tip in 400g chopped tomatoes and 500g gnocchi, then bring to a simmer.
- Bubble for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the gnocchi is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Season, stir through a handful of torn basil leaves, then transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- Scatter with torn chunks of half a 125g mozzarella ball, then grill for 5-6 mins until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 1.64 milligram of sodium
CRISPY GNOCCHI WITH BURST TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA
Pan-fried gnocchi is like a faster version of baked pasta. Store-bought gnocchi can simply be browned in a pan for an exciting mix of crispy outsides and chewy middles, no boiling required. This dish is studded with juicy tomatoes and melty pockets of mozzarella. Cherry tomatoes are reliably more flavorful year-round than larger, more watery varieties like beefsteak and heirloom. (That said, taste yours, and if they're more tart than sweet, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar in Step 2.) Toss the tomatoes with browned butter, red-pepper flakes and garlic, then hit them with a little heat, and they'll burst into a bright sauce. Stir in the gnocchi, dot with mozzarella, then broil until the cheese is molten and the tomatoes are blistered in spots.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- In a large (12-inch) skillet on the stovetop, heat enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan (about 1 tablespoon) over medium-high. Add half the gnocchi to the pan, breaking up any that are stuck together. Cover with a lid or baking sheet and cook, undisturbed, until golden brown on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi and olive oil.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook over medium-high, stirring often, until golden-brown and toasty, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic, red-pepper flakes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper, reducing the heat slightly if necessary to avoid scorching. Add the tomatoes and 3 tablespoons water and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened and the liquid has slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Smash the tomatoes as they burst to help them along.
- Add the seared gnocchi and 1/4 cup basil (if using), stir to coat, then shake into an even layer. Top with the mozzarella and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Broil until the cheese is melted and browned in spots, 2 to 4 minutes. Top with more basil, red-pepper flakes and black pepper as desired.
OLIVE GARDEN GNOCCHI WITH SPICY TOMATO AND WINE SAUCE
I love gnocchi, and found this on another website. Chef's Tip: Add Cream to sauce to add richness and/or add vegetables of choice to sauce and/or add sautéed chicken strips to sauce.
Provided by Cook4_6
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sauce Preparation:.
- Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown.
- To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes and basil, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pasta Preparation:.
- Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- Plating Suggestion:.
- Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.8, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 32, Sodium 476.9, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 6.4, Protein 8.4
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND OLIVES
- Cut the baked potato in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; discard the skin. Using a fork mash the potato, salt and pepper together until smooth. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the egg (reserve the remaining egg for another use). Sprinkle the flour over the potato mixture. Stir until the mixture forms a dough. Knead until smooth, 30 seconds.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece between your palms and the work surface into a 1/2-inch-diameter rope (about 20 inches long). Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough over a wooden paddle with ridges or over the tines of a fork to form grooves in the dough.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Continue cooking until the gnocchi are tender, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- For the sauce: In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the olives and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi to the skillet and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the Parmesan and basil. Toss gently until all the ingredients are coated, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce, and serve.
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, BASIL, AND OLIVES
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the olives and cook, stirring, until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring the salted water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Cook and drain the gnocchi according to the directions
- Bring the tomato sauce back to a simmer over low heat. Add the gnocchi and stir gently with a wooden spoon until coated. Stir in the grated cheese and basil. Check the seasoning, transfer the gnocchi to a platter, and serve immediately.
More about "black olive gnocchi with tomatoes and basil recipes"
SPINACH GNOCCHI WITH BLISTERED TOMATOES, BASIL AND OLIVES ...
- Cook the potatoes for the https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/gnocchi/ >basic gnocchi dough. Meanwhile wash the spinach and drain, then put a large frying pan over a medium- high heat and wilt (the leaves should still be a little wet). Cool a little, finely chop, then squeeze out excess liquid with your hand. Set aside in the sieve.
- When you have riced or sieved the potatoes into a large bowl (see https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/gnocchi/ >basic recipe), add the chopped spinach, salt, egg yolks and flour. Mix to combine, then turn out onto a floured work surface and continue as in the https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/gnocchi/ >basic recipe.
- When the water for the gnocchi is boiling, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is blistering. Cook and drain the gnocchi, then add to the pan with the olives and basil and toss for 2-3 minutes. Tip onto a serving platter and grate over the parmesan, an extra drizzle of olive oil and a good twist of black pepper.
EASY CARAMELIZED GNOCCHI WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ...
- No need to measure, just eyeball it.)Clean and de-stem the basil, then chop roughly.Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium saucepan and set to medium heat.
- Slice the garlic thinly. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute until it has started to brown lightly, about 1 minute.
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE - MARISA'S ITALIAN ...
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot over medium low heat and sauté the garlic with the crushed chilli pepper just until fragrant, taking care not to burn the garlic. (should take less then a minute).
EASY TOMATO AND BASIL GNOCCHI - THE CHEERFUL KITCHEN
- While the water is coming to a boil heat a sauce pan over medium heat with 1 Tablespoon of oil (olive or coconut) and then add the diced onion. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and stir to cover the onion in the oil. Saute for about 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften and start to become transparent.
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - KITCHEN KONFIDENCE
- Warm olive oil in a 10-inch saute pan (with high sides). Once you see the oil shimmering, add the chopped onion and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic and pinch of red pepper flake then continue to sauté until onions are soft and translucent, stirring occasionally (about 4 minutes more).
- Add crushed tomato, oregano, sugar, a few pinches of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground black pepper, stirring to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to low then simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley and basil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions, drain, then transfer to the pan with the tomato sauce. Stir the gnocchi into the sauce, then top with mozzarella and an even dusting of Parmesan cheese.
TOMATO, SPINACH AND BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI RECIPE | DELICIOUS ...
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in the peppers and fennel seeds, season with black pepper, then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, olives and pesto, then fill the empty tomato tin three-quarters full of water and add to the pan. Bubble over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes to thicken and reduce a little.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through, then stir in the spinach to wilt. Taste and season. Serve topped with the pine nuts, grated cheese and, if you like, lemon zest.
BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL | HARRY COVERT
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
TOMATO BASIL GNOCCHI RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
TOMATO & OLIVE GNOCCHI RECIPE - HEALTHY & EASY RECIPES ...
BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL RECIPE ...
OLIVE GARDEN GNOCCHI SOUP RECIPE SLOW COOKER - THERESCIPES ...
CHICKEN THIGH GNOCCHI - THERESCIPES.INFO
JENNY'S RECIPES: BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH CHERRY TOMATOES ...
TOMATO, BASIL AND PARMESAN GNOCCHI | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
GNOCCHI WITH FRESH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE | ITALIAN ...
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO AND BASIL RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GNOCCHI TOMATO AND BASIL RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
GNOCCHI WITH A TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE - HEART UK
RICOTTA AND BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH BLISTERED CHERRY ...
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, BASIL AND OLIVES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RICOTTA AND BLACK OLIVE GNOCCHI WITH BLISTERED CHERRY ...
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND OLIVES | RECIPE | OLIVE ...
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND OLIVES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO BASIL AND OLIVES BEST RECIPES
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, BASIL AND OLIVES – VEGALICIOUS RECIPES
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND OLIVES – RECIPES NETWORK
PARMESAN GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE ... - BBC FOOD
PAN-FRIED GNOCCHI WITH ROAST TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE AND ...
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, BASIL AND OLIVES RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook gnocchi in tomato sauce?Add the chopped tomatoes, olives and pesto, then fill the empty tomato tin three-quarters full of water and add to the pan. Bubble over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes to thicken and reduce a little. Add the gnocchi to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through, then stir in the spinach to wilt.
What do you serve gnocchi with?Divide the gnocchi between four pasta bowls, top with tomato and basil sauce, crispy pancetta, a drizzle of olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and grated parmesan. The tomato and basil sauce would also work nicely alongside a crumbed piece of veal or chicken.
How to cook gnocchi with lemon sole?Add the gnocchi and fry until golden-brown. Set the pan aside in a warm place. For the lemon sole, season the sole with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a frying pan until hot and add the olive oil. Add the lemon sole to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden-brown.
How to cook gnocchi with potatoes?Add pepper or chilli flakes to taste and cover to keep warm until gnocchi is ready. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with plenty of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until tender – so the tip of a knife is easily inserted.