BLACK OLIVE AND ROSEMARY FOCACCIA
- Stir together the water, sugar, and yeast until dissolved, allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup rosemary, flour, and salt until a dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Gently knead in the black olives during the last few minutes of kneading. Place into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet, or sprinkle liberally with corn meal.
- Deflate dough, and press into prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss sliced tomatoes, and garlic with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with 2 tablespoons minced rosemary, salt, and pepper. Arrange the tomato slices over the dough in an even layer. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffed and golden brown; 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 446.7 mg, Sugar 1 g
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 5.4 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 252.5 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD
- 1. In a small bowl mix together hot water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for a few minutes to let it start activating.
- 2. In a medium bowl mix together, flour, powdered milk, salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour olive oil in bread machine pan then liquid mix then flour mix. Set machine to "Dough Only" cycle. Check after a few minutes and scrape inside of pan to make sure all flour gets incorporated.
- 4. I like to "warm" my pan/pans in my oven using the oven light while the bread dough does it's thing. I add a generous amount of cooking oil or olive oil to the bottom of the pan and coat it well then put it in the oven until needed, (no heat).
- 5. You can use a 9x13 pan or two loaf pans. Once dough has finished the cycle and risen, place into pan(s). Place back in the oven with light on, cover and allow to rise to double in size. Remove pans, preheat oven to 400º. Spray tops of bread with spray oil and sprinkle on Coarse sea salt. Place bread in oven and bake 23 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
CRACKED PEPPER FOCACCIA WITH TRUFFLE OIL
- Stir 2 cups lukewarm water and yeast in large bowl to blend. Mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil, truffle oil, cracked pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt. Add 1 cup flour. Using wood spoon, stir vigorously until well incorporated. Add enough of remaining 3 3/4 cups flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, to form dough that is soft, sticky and not completely smooth, stirring vigorously until well incorporated. Oil large bowl. Scrape dough into oiled bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. For do-ahead version: Chill dough overnight. Allow dough to come to room temperature in warm draft-free area before proceeding. For same-day version: Let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes (do not punch down dough).
- Lightly oil 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Slide out dough onto prepared baking sheet (dough will be soft and will easily slide out onto sheet; do not punch down dough or knead dough). Gently pull and stretch dough so that dough almost covers baking sheet. Press fingertips all over top of dough to form indentations. Brush top of focaccia with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary and coarse salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm draft-free area until puffed, about 30 minutes for refrigerated dough and about 15 minutes for room-temperature dough.
- Meanwhile, position rack in center of oven and preheat to 450°F. Bake focaccia until deep golden brown, about 30 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool.
- *Available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
SALTY BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD
I make my bread in a Bread Machine and then remove it at the end of the dough cycle and place in baking dish and bake in the oven. This is a great recipe for sammies or bread sticks, the more black pepper you add, the more flavorful and heated it becomes.
Provided by Lynn Socko
Categories Savory Breads
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Add water in a 2 c measuring cup, add yeast and sugar and stir to mix well. Let sit while mixing together other ingredients.
- 2. In a bowl mix together flour, salt, pepper, and powdered milk. Stir to combine.
- 3. Put 2 tbsp. of olive oil into bottom of bread pan. Once yeast/water has expanded a bit, add to bread pan. Then add dry ingredients in bread pan.
- 4. Place Bread Machine on DOUGH ONLY cycle. After a couple minutes check mixture and using a rubber spatula run it around the side of the bread pan to remove any flour mixture stuck on sides.
- 5. You can use a 11x13 baking dish or a 13x15 one, only difference will be the thickness of the baked bread. I like 13x15 for bread sticks and sammies. GENEROUSLY grease the bottom of the pan with olive oil, to the point of have oil laying on the bottom of the dish. The more oil, the better the crust. I place mine inside my oven with the oven light on to "warm" my baking pan, I use a pyrex glass baking dish.
- 6. Once dough has completed the kneading, resting, and rising cycle, remove and spread out by hand in greased baking dish. Cover with a dry dish towel and place back in unheated oven or any warm dry place until doubled in size.
- 7. Remove dish towel and spray top of bread with non stick spray and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake in preheated 400º oven for 22 min. Remove and allow to cool.
- 8. Slice and serve. If you find it is trying to stick to baking dish, run a metal spatula under the bread. I like to flip my bread over and have the nice oily, crusty side on top.
More about "black pepper focaccia bread recipes"
TOMATO AND GARLIC CONFIT FOCACCIA RECIPE - DANIEL HUMM ...
Servings 2Total Time 3 minsCategory Vegetable Recipes
- In a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the flour, yeast and salt with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 1⁄2 cups of cold water. Mix at low speed until the flour is evenly moistened. Beat at medium speed until the dough is smooth and glossy, about 3 minutes longer; the dough will be soft and somewhat sticky. Transfer the dough to an oiled baking sheet, cover with a bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange the tomatoes cut side up and season them with kosher salt and black pepper. Roast for about 1 hour, until the tomatoes are slightly dry but soft.
COPYCAT PANERA BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
5/5 (2)Calories 275 per servingCategory Bread
- Pour the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the salt and yeast on opposite sides of the bowl, stirring each one in with your finger. Keeping the salt from directly touching the yeast prevents it from killing the yeast.
- Microwave the water for 1 minute on high, or until it reaches 115°F. Add half of the water to the flour mixture, mixing on low speed with the paddle attachment until a dry, clumpy dough forms. Gradually add more water to form a very sticky dough. You will probably use all of the water, but the humidity and the brand of flour that you use will affect the exact amount that you need.
- Mix with the paddle attachment for 5 minutes on medium low speed, then switch attachments to the dough hook and mix for another 5 minutes on medium low speed. The dough is kneaded when you can carefully stretch a piece of the dough thin enough for it to be translucent without tearing. The dough will be quite sticky, but should be very stretchy.
WILD GARLIC AND BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA - ANNA BANANA
4.7/5 (13)Category Side DishCuisine VeganTotal Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix together the flour and sea salt. In a small jug mix together water with yeast, and gradually, while having the mixer on low speed, start adding the yeast mixture to the flour. Continue to mix on low speed for about 5-6 minutes until the smooth dough will form. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled large bowl, cover with warm kitchen towel or cling film and set aside for an hour or until double in size.
- Set aside few whole leaves of wild garlic, then roughly chop the remaining wild garlic and transfer it to a medium bowl. Add the black peppercorns and olive oil and bash it all together. You can use mortar and pestle for this step, or just bash it using rolling pin.
- When the dough is ready, prepare your baking tin (I've used 22 cm 32 cm) by lightly oiling it, then sprinkle the semolina or fine breadcrumbs over it. Using your hands, stretch the dough into rectangle inside of the tin. Spread bashed wild garlic and olive mix on top of the dough, sprinkle with sea salt. Roll the remaining wild garlic leaves and push them into the dough. Using the tips of your fingers, press the dough gently into the tin. Cover again with the kitchen towel or cling film and allow to prove for another hour.
TRADITIONAL FOCACCIA BREAD - BROWN EYED BAKER
Ratings 29Calories 147 per servingCategory Bread
- Make the Herb Oil: Warm 2 cups olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat to 100 degrees F (this only takes a few minutes). Add the herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic; stir together, remove from the heat and allow to steep while you prepare the dough.
- Make the Dough: Stir together the flour, salt, and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the oil and water and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until all of the ingredients form a wet, sticky ball.
- Switch to the dough hook and mix on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or as long as it takes to create a smooth, sticky dough. The dough should clear the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom of the bowl. You may need to add additional flour to firm up the dough enough to clear the sides of the bowl, but the dough should still be quite soft and sticky.
- Sprinkle enough flour on a clean work surface to make a bed about 6 inches square. Using a dough spatula or bench scraper dipped in water, transfer the sticky dough to the bed of flour and dust liberally with flour, patting the dough into a rectangle. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
PANERA BREAD FOCACCIA (COPYCAT RECIPE) - ALYONA’S COOKING
4.8/5 (13)Total Time 2 hrsCategory BreadCalories 250 per serving
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and gradually add in the flour with the mixer running on low. Knead for 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and slightly tacky. Place into a greased bowl and lightly grease the top with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Allow to rise 1 hour in a warm place.
- Turn dough over onto a working surface and cut into 3 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place into greased pans. Spread dough out and grease the tops using the oil from the pans. Indent each dough with the tips of your fingers. Let rise 25 minutes in a warm place or until doubled in size.
EASY SEA SALT & CRACKED PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD | SWEET TEA ...
4.9/5 (27)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCuisine ItalianCalories 142 per serving
- Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl; stir to dissolve the sugar and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes, until the mixture is foamy on top. If the yeast doesn't foam up and smell yeasty, it's dead and you'll need fresh yeast.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, stir together 5 cups flour and kosher salt on low speed to combine. Add the yeast mixture and 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil; mix on low speed until the dough comes together, then turn the speed up to medium and continue to knead for 8 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and soft. It should be kinda tacky, otherwise add more flour, 1 tbsp at a time, and knead for another minute or two.
- Transfer the dough to a large, well-oiled bowl, flipping once so that both the top and bottom of dough are lightly coated with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm, draft-free place until the dough has doubled in size, 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Coat a 13" x 18" rimmed baking sheet with 1/4 cup of olive oil from end to end. Put the dough onto the prepared pan, turn the dough over a few a times to coat both sides with olive oil, and begin pressing it out with your hands to press the dough from edge to edge. Do it gently, making sure not to create holes in the dough.
PARMESAN BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA - JUST A TASTE
4/5 (1)Total Time 21 minsCategory Appetizer, BreadCalories 24 per serving
- Combine the yeast and the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to the yeast, then add the flour mixture. Mix the dough on low speed until the wet and dry ingredients combine, then increase the speed to medium and knead the dough until it is soft, about 2 minutes. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides, then add the parmesan and black pepper and mix just until combined.
FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE, HOW TO MAKE VEGAN FOCACCIA BREAD ...
4.7/5 (71)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory SidesCalories 276 per serving
- Combine active dry yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water in a bowl. Give it a good stir. Let this mixture rest for 5-10 minutes to foam up.
PEPPER FOCACCIA RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
Ratings 74Category Pastry RecipesServings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add the remaining 1 cup of flour gradually (do not pour it at once) and knead until you get a lightly elastic dough that doesn't stick to the hand,
ROSEMARY AND BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD | NAMASTE …
Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Appetizer, Bread, Side Dish, SnackServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Proof the Yeast: Add the warm water and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, stir to combine. Then add the yeast, stir gently, and let sit about 5 – 10 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Knead the Dough: Set the mixer on low speed using the dough hook attachment, and gradually add the flour, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Once all added, increase the mixer to medium-low and continue to mix for 5 minutes. If the dough seems sticky and isn’t pulling away from the sides of the bowl add in some extra flour while mixing. (See alternate instructions for kneading by hand without a mixer.)
- Let it Rise: Remove the dough from the mixer, shape gently into a ball using your hands. Grease the mixer bowl with olive oil or spray and place the dough ball back in. Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm location to rise for 1 hour.
- Form the Dough: After the dough has nearly doubled in size, punch it down. Then transfer to an oiled 10 inch cast iron skillet. Gently press and spread the dough out to fill the pan to the edges. (See note for making without a cast iron pan.)
THE BEST OVERNIGHT (WORTH IT!) BLACK PEPPER HERB FOCACCIA ...
Reviews 5Servings 1Cuisine ItalianCategory Bread
- Attach a dough hook to your stand mixer. Combine flour and 2 1/4 cups water in the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on low speed to just incorporate. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and incorporate dry flour sitting at the bottom of the bowl until a shaggy dough is formed
- Prepare your yeast. Add yeast and sugar to a small bowl. Slowly pour warm water over and stir with a fork to dissolve the yeast. Let that sit 5 minutes, until nice and foamy and the yeast is active
- Once foamy, pour yeast mixture over your shaggy dough in the stand mixer. Mix together on low speed to incorporate all of the liquid, then bump the speed up to medium adding salt and pepper. Let the mixer knead the dough until a very sticky and elasticy dough forms, about 4-5 minutes. The dough will stick to the sides of the bowl
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to a large bowl and coat the entire bowl. Using a bench scraper or spatula, scrape the dough into the oiled bowl, allowing the dough to sit in the olive oil. Cover and place in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 2 1/2 hours.
ROASTED RED PEPPER FOCACCIA — MARC J. SIEVERS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOMEMADE FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE - Ֆոկաչա - Фокачча ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRACKED BLACK PEPPER & HERB FOCACCIA | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory British
PARMESAN FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
BLACK-PEPPER FOCACCIA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FOCACCIA WITH ROSEMARY, BLACK PEPPER, AND GARLIC | CIAO ITALIA
BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD - TFRECIPES.COM
THANKSGIVING FOCACCIA RECIPE BY TASTY
NO KNEAD BLACK PEPPER FOCACCIA - EASY BREAD RECIPE ...
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FOCACCIA? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES | EATDELIGHTS
ROSEMARY & ROASTED RED BELL-PEPPER FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a black pepper focaccia?Gather the ingredients for the black pepper focaccia. Pour the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer and add the salt and yeast on opposite sides, stirring each one in with your finger. Mix in the pepper and oil, then add half of the water and stir to form a dry, clumpy dough. Gradually add the remaining water to form a very sticky, wet dough.
How do you make focaccia bread at home?Mix the dough: Stir together flour, salt, and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the olive oil and water and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until it forms a wet, sticky ball. Knead the dough: Switch to a dough hook and mix on medium for 5-7 minutes to form a smooth, sticky dough.
How to make focaccia with black olives and Rosemary?Stir together the water, sugar, and yeast until dissolved, allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup rosemary, flour, and salt until a dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Gently knead in the black olives during the last few minutes of kneading.
What kind of seasoning is in focaccia bread?Light, airy, and crunchy Focaccia bread recipe infused with Italian herb seasoning and topped with aromatic rosemary and olive oil is an absolute crowd-pleaser for your upcoming parties, holidays, potlucks, or family gatherings. Perfectly crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside – it’s hands down the best focaccia bread you’ll ever eat!