BLACK RICE RISOTTO
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium low. Stir in the wine until the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle in 3/4 cup hot broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, 6 to 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining broth, adding 3/4 cup at a time, until the rice is tender but somewhat chewy, about 50 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste and 1/2 cup parmesan. Divide among bowls. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and the basil.
BLACK BEAN RISOTTO
- Add 1/2 the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, jalapenos and onions and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, do not brown. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, beans and tomatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are warm, then set aside.
- Add the other 1/2 of the olive oil to a sauce pot and saute the rice until warm, about 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer the rice to the inner cooking pan of the RIZO Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer and place inside the cooker. Pour the heated chicken stock over the rice and then place the sauteed ingredients on top of the rice. Close the lid and press the risotto button to start. When the rice is finished it will automatically switch to warm mode. Press the RESET button. Add the salt, pepper, butter and cheese, mix all and serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, scallion flowers and maduros.
Provided by Moira Hodgson
Categories dinner, one pot, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Clean the squid. Hold the sac with one hand and with the other reach inside and pull away the head and tentacles. With your fingers, scrape away the dark skin on the outside of the sac under cold running water. It will come away easily. Inside the sac is a transparent cartilege; pull this out and discard it. Thoroughly rinse the inside of the sac. Cut the tentacles from the head above the eyes. Remove the ink sac above the eyes and squeeze ink into a container. Reserve the tentacles and cut them in one-and-a-half-inch pieces. Cut the squid in rings one-fourth-inch wide.
- In a large heavy saucepan or skillet, soften the onion and the garlic in the oil and two tablespoons of the butter. Add the squid and cook until golden, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the rice and cook over fairly high heat, stirring constantly, until the grains are opaque. Pour in the wine, the ink from the squid and stir the rice well to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the liquid has evaporated, add a ladleful of hot broth. Repeat this procedure until the rice is almost tender, but firm. If you run out of stock, add warm water instead.
- Turn off the heat, add the butter and season the risotto to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 411, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 854 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
BLACK GARLIC RISOTTO
This risotto is very easy to prepare and owes its delicate, yet peculiar flavour to its main ingredient: black garlic. In each and every mouthful of this creamy, scrumptious dish you will taste notes of mushrooms, wood and even liquorice. It's a light and classy recipe that is sure to surprise everyone at the table.
Provided by My Pinch of Italy
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Make sure to keep the broth hot throughout the whole process and to pour it in only one ladle at a time. The rice will cook to perfection.
- Finely slice the spring onion and brown it in a saucepan with the olive oil. Pour in a tablespoonful of broth and let it simmer over medium heat until the onion softens up.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and toast it for a couple of minutes. Toasting the rice prevents it from overcooking and it's an unmissable step to cook a proper Italian risotto. Pour in a ladle of hot broth and stir.
- Add the cloves of black garlic to the rice in the saucepan. Black garlic is particularly soft and it will quickly dissolve into the broth making it slightly thicker. Stir thoroughly and keep adding ladles of broth every time the liquid in the saucepan dries up, until the rice is cooked through.
- When perfectly cooked, this risotto will turn out creamy, but not watery, and not runny, but not too dry, either. If that's the consistency of your risotto, keep going, you're headed in the right direction!
- Add about ⅔ of the Parmesan and season to taste. Tip: To achieve a perfect creamy finish, make sure to use very, very cold butter. Don't take it out of the fridge before using it.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter. Stir gently until the butter melts completely. Serve warm, topped with the remaining Parmesan.
RISOTTO WITH BLACK BEANS & OLIVES
Make and share this Risotto With Black Beans & Olives recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Dancer
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In pressure cooker, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until soft but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, coating thoroughly with the oil.
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups of the stock, the oregano and salt.
- Lock the lid in place and, over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure; cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce pressure with a quick-release method.
- Remove lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.
- The risotto will continue to absorb liquid at this point and should end up being slightly soupy.
- If necessary, stir in a bit more stock with the olives, black beans, coriander and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until rice is tender but chewy.
- Serve immediately in shallow soup bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.8, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 6.3, Sodium 885, Carbohydrate 81.7, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 5.1, Protein 14.5
It's original name is Risotto nero,This dish from Venice has become a classic, for its unusual black color and for its very delicate taste.
Provided by Poppy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Clean the cuttlefish by removing eyes, beak and transparent quill.
- Remove and reserve ink sac.
- Place cuttlefish in a bowl of cold water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Peel off as much skin as possible, cut the cuttlefish into strips and wash in plenty of cold water.
- Saute' onion and garlic in the oil until translucent.
- Add the cuttlefish and cook over moderate heat until golden, stirring from time to time.
- Add salt and pepper reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir briefly over high heat to blend flavors.
- Pour in several ladlefuls of boiling broth, the ink from the cuttlefish sac, and then little by little the rest of the boiling broth.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
More about "black risotto recipes"
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE - INO KUVAčIć | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4Category Rice
- In a frying pan over high heat, sauté the chopped garlic in a little olive oil for a few seconds, making sure it does not burn. Add the onion, reduce the heat to low, and sauté until golden and transparent, approximately 10–15 minutes. (It’s important to sauté the garlic before the onion as this will help to release its aroma.)
- Before cleaning out the inside and bones of the cuttlefish, carefully remove the silver sac of ink from the middle of the cuttlefish, making sure not to break it, and set it aside. Cut the cuttlefish into 1 centimeter (1/2 inch) cubes.
- Add the diced cuttlefish to the sautéed garlic and onion and season well with salt and pepper. Sauté the cuttlefish until all the liquid that has been released has evaporated and the cuttlefish starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, caramelising slightly. Add the tomato paste and cook for a few seconds, then add the white wine and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add the fish stock or water, 1/2 tablespoon of the cuttlefish ink, and adjust the seasoning. Leave to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 16 minutes, stirring the risotto constantly until it is done (the rice should be cooked but still slightly firm). If the risotto is too thick, you can add some more fish stock and olive oil at the end. Add more seasoning if needed and serve immediately.
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE - KITCHEN NOSTALGIA
5/5 (2)Servings 8Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Appetizer
PARMESAN TRUFFLE RISOTTO – A COUPLE COOKS
BLACK TRUFFLE RISOTTO: ITALIAN RECIPE | EATALY
BLACK TRUMPET RISOTTO | A FRESH TURN ON AN OLD CLASSIC
BLACK RICE RISOTTO RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
BLACK RISOTTO WITH SQUID INK & SHRIMP - RECIPE | EATALY
BLACK GARLIC AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO :: RECIPES - THE …
BLACK RICE RISOTTO WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS - THE ANTI …
BLACK OLIVE RISOTTO RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
10 BEST BLACK RICE RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
PARMESAN BLACK PEPPER RISOTTO - EMILY ELLYN
CROATIAN BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE (CRNI RIžOT) | CHASING THE …
BLACK GARLIC RISOTTO | UMAMI
MUSHROOM AND BLACK GARLIC RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPICE …
BLACK RISOTTO - WELCOME TO CROATIA
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BLACK RISOTTO WITH OCTOPUS AND CHILI OIL | REY DEL PULPO
CRNI RIžOTO (BLACK CUTTLEFISH RISOTTO) | SAVEUR
BLACK RISOTTO - JUSTDUBROVNIK.COM
10 BEST BLACK RICE RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, CROATIAN RECIPES, FOOD
BLACK TRUMPET MUSHROOM RISOTTO – HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT RISOTTO
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE | RECIPE | RISOTTO RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
PORCINI MUSHROOM & BLACK GARLIC RISOTTO - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
IRANIAN BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
RECIPES BLACK RISOTTO WITH CUTTLEFISH | SOSCUISINE
CHEESY BLACK BEAN RISOTTO RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH FRESH BLACK TRUFFLES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE IS A HIGHLIGHT OF CROATIAN COASTAL CUISINE
BLACK RISOTTO WITH CUTTLEFISH RECIPE FROM 'STANLEY TUCCI: …
BLACK TRUFFLE RISOTTO A RECIPE FOR GOOD FRIENDS - PERFECTLY PROVENCE
BLACK RISOTTO - CTV
RISOTTO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BLACK RISOTTO RECIPE | RECIPE | RISOTTO, FOOD, CROATIAN CUISINE
VENETIAN BLACK RISOTTO - LIFE IN ITALY
RISOTTO AL TARTUFO NERO RECIPE WITH FRESH BLACK TRUFFLES | EATALY
SEARED BLACK COD WITH MEYER LEMON RISOTTO - FEASTING AT HOME
BLACK RISOTTO WITH LEMON | YUMMY BAZAAR BLOG
BLACK TRUFFLE RISOTTO RECIPE - WENT HERE 8 THIS
BLACK RISOTTO - VENTURISTS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #rice #holiday-event #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love