BLUE CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN
© Larry Ervin - http://french-cooking-techniques.suite101.com/article.cfm/blue_cheese_potatoes_au_gratin This easy recipe elevates everyday au gratin potatoes to a dish you'll be proud to serve to company or take to the next potluck. A bain-marie (water bath) does the trick. Get beyond bland au gratin potatoes. Blue cheese is the secret ingredient. Bleu d'Auvergne is a great one, but any good blue-veined cheese will serve well. This easy recipe employs a water bath technique that ensures perfect results. I have altered the original recipe slightly to my liking. I recommend serving this with Recipe 24623 - http://www.recipezaar.com/24623
Provided by VLizzle
Yield 4 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- You need a 7x11 baking pan plus a larger one with 2 sides for the water bath.
- Put some water on to boil -- the amount depends on your pans. You'll need enough to fill the larger baking pan with about an inch of water when the smaller pan is in place.
- Butter the smaller baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cream and cheeses until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Both cheeses are usually quite salty so watch the amount of salt you use.
- Fold the sliced potatoes into the cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the buttered pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the pan with the potatoes in the larger pan and set it on the oven shelf.
- Carefully pour hot water into the outer pan so that the water is about an inch deep.
- Bake one hour.
- Remove the cover and bake until the top is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.9, Fat 22.2, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 169, Sodium 273.4, Carbohydrate 49.7, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 13.2
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN
These were a rich, wonderful addition to our Maple Vinegar Crispy Chicken #118864 dinner at Culinary Communion. They're even better the next day! Posted with permission.
Provided by bikerchick
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly butter or oil a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Rinse the potato slices in cold water then pat dry.
- You're going to make three layers of potato slices, cheese/cream, salt/pepper: layer 1/3 of the slices in the bottom of the prepared pan, then top with 1/3 of the cheese, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Repeat twice with remaining ingredients (except garnish).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is browned and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.6, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 66.5, Sodium 246.8, Carbohydrate 33.8, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 1.6, Protein 8.6
POTATO AND BLUE CHEESE GRATIN
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/8 inch thick, then toss with cream, garlic, salt, and pepper in skillet. Cover with foil and roast until potatoes are very tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove foil and sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Broil until top is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
SWEET POTATO AND BLUE CHEESE GRATIN
You can't have Thanksgiving dinner without sweet potatoes. Instead of playing up the sweetness, I love to balance it out with some savory notes. I think it's going to be your new favorite way to enjoy sweet potatoes.
Provided by Stephanie Izard
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes on a mandoline; set aside. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat, and add the cheese so it slowly melts into the cream. Mix in brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes; bring to a low simmer to incorporate all of the ingredients, 5-10 minutes. Butter the baking dish and evenly layer a quarter of the sweet potatoes along the bottom, then lightly sprinkle with salt.
- When the sauce is ready, pour a quarter of it over the sweet potatoes. Repeat the potato/sauce layering three more times until all of the ingredients are in the baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes. Remove foil and broil to brown the top, 5 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onions, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and slice paper-thin crosswise (slightly less than 1/16 inch thick) with slicer. Combine potatoes and cream in a 2-quart heavy saucepan (potatoes on top may not be completely immersed) and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to warm, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer one third of potatoes with a slotted spoon to a lightly oiled 3-quart shallow baking dish (reserve any cream in pan), spreading them in an even layer, then sprinkle evenly with half of onions and one third of each cheese and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Make 1 more layer each of potatoes, onions, cheeses, and seasoning in same manner, then top with remaining potatoes and remaining cheeses. (Do not season top layer.) Pour reserved cream evenly over top and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in middle of oven 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400°F, then remove foil and bake until top is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes more. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
More about "blue cheese potato gratin recipes"
POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH BLUE CHEESE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 355 per serving
- Use a mandoline if you have one, and slice the potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. If you don't have a mandoline, slice them as thin as you can. You can peel them if you prefer, but I leave the peel on.
- Spray a two-quart casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray or generously butter the dish. Put one-third of the potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Season lightly with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle one-third of the chives and one-third of the blue cheese on top.
- Add another one-third of the potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and top with one-third of the chives and blue cheese.
BLUE CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN - THEKITTCHEN
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
POTATO GRATIN | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
BLUE CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN | RECIPE | POTATOES AU GRATIN, AU …
BLUE CHEESE AND CHEDDAR POTATO GRATIN RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - CULTURES FOR HEALTH
SMOKY BOURBON AND BLUE CHEESE AU GRATIN POTATOES
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | YUMMLY
BROCCOLI AND BLUE CHEESE AU GRATIN POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
RECIPE: POTATOPIA'S ULTIMATE BLUE CHEESE POTATO AU GRATIN
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN | FOODLAND
POTATO GRATIN WITH BLUE CHEESE | SOMETHING NEW FOR …
GRATIN WITH BLUE CHEESE - 2 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
SAINT AGUR BLUE CHEESE, LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN
BLUE CHEESE, GARLIC & THYME POTATO GRATIN - CHEF MIKE WARD
SWEET POTATO AND BLUE CHEESE GRATIN – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
BLUE CHEESE AND CHEDDAR POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POTATO AND BLUE CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE | YUMMLY
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN - BIGOVEN.COM
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLUE POTATOES AU GRATIN | PAULA DEEN
BUTTERMILK–BLUE CHEESE POTATO AU GRATIN RECIPE | YANKEE MAGAZINE
BLUE-CHEESE POTATO GRATIN | PARENTS
RECIPE FOR BUTTERMILK BLUE CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN | ALMANAC.COM
DORSET BLUE VINNY POTATO GRATIN| DORSET BLUE VINNY| BLUE CHEESE …
SUPER CHEESY AU GRATIN POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLUE CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN | FOODLAND
MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - TABLE AGENT
POTATO GRATIN WITH BLUE CHEESE AND SPINACH - NO RECIPE REQUIRED
POTATO & BLUE CHEESE GRATIN - WHY GO OUT TO EAT?
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
POTATO GRATIN WITH WISCONSIN BLUE CHEESE
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN - THAT'S MY HOME
BLUE CHEESE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH BLUE CHEESE & ROASTED GARLIC
BLUE CHEESE AU GRATIN POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
POTATO & RUTABAGA GRATIN WITH BLUE CHEESE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
POTATO AND YAM GRATIN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SWEET POTATO BURGER | METRO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love