BLUE CHEESE-SHALLOT BUTTER
- Combine the butter, shallots, blue cheese, parsley and 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp ground pepper.
- Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Turn out onto a sheet of waxed paper and form into a small log, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cover and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.5, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 33.7, Sodium 61.4, Carbohydrate 1, Protein 1.2
STEAK SANDWICHES WITH BLUE CHEESE AND ROASTED SHALLOTS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the broiler. Spread the rolls out on a pan and toast on both sides.
- Slather the bottom 1/2 of each roll with some of the mustard and top with slices of the steak, overlapping the slices slightly. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cover each portion of meat with 2 slices of cheese. Broil until the cheese is lightly browned and melted, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the open-faced sandwiches to the work surface. Top each sandwich with some of the roasted shallots and watercress. Slather the tops of the rolls with the remaining mustard and cover the sandwiches. Slice in 1/2 and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the shallots with olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and pepper, to taste. Spread out on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until the shallots are very tender, about 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Slice off the tips of the shallots and discard. Gently squeeze the shallots from their skins and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
SHALLOT-BLUE CHEESE DIP
Perfect party fare, this five-ingredient dip is a treat on baked potatoes, too. -Alisa Pirtle, Browns Valley, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature., In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in blue cheese and caramelized shallots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 276mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BLUE CHEESE & SHALLOT BREAD
You'll definitely want to cut yourself a thick slice of this savory, cheesy bread. The robust flavors will have everyone asking for the recipe! Rita Rowland Auburn, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; set aside., In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheeses and reserved shallot mixture., Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 473mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "blue cheese shallot butter recipes"
BLUE CHEESE COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (20)Category CondimentAuthor Ashley Marie BrownCalories 120 per serving
BLUE CHEESE BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsServings 1
SKILLET-SEARED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH BLUE CHEESE BUTTER RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE, FOR STEAK - NEED A TASTY GORGONZOLA/ROQUEFORT …
BLUE CHEESE CRUSTED STEAK WITH BALSAMIC SHALLOTS
RECIPE - BLUE CHEESE, SHALLOT AND HONEY DIP
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CLASSIC SHALLOT BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GORGONZOLA SHALLOT BUTTER | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
BLUE CHEESE & HERB INFUSED COMPOUND BUTTER - MY HOMESTEAD LIFE
RIBEYE STEAKS CARAMELIZED SHALLOT AND BLUE CHEESE BUTTER
BLUE CHEESE BUTTER - THE DARING GOURMET
BLUE CHEESE & SHALLOT BREAD - BREAD RECIPES
BACON BLUE BURGER WITH FRIZZLED SHALLOTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: BLUE CHEESE-SHALLOT BUTTER
BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT DIP | METRO
13 RECIPE IDEAS FOR LEFTOVER BLUE CHEESE - THE GUARDIAN
FLAT IRON STEAKS WITH BLUE CHEESE BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD AND WINE
BLUE CHEESE AND GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN FILLED WITH FIG, NUT + BLUE CHEESE BUTTER
BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT BUTTER RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BUTTER LETTUCE AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE …
STEAK FRITES WITH BLUE CHEESE-SHALLOT BUTTER RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT DIP | METRO
CARAMELIZED SHALLOT AND BLUE CHEESE DIP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
CLASSIC CLASSIC STEAK FRITES RECIPE WITH BLUE CHEESE + SHALLOT BUTTER
STEAK FRITES WITH BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT BUTTER RECIPE
STEAKS WITH BLEU CHEESE SAUCE & SHALLOTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE COMPOUND BUTTER - CRAVING CALIFORNIA
CHEF'S BUTTER (BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT BUTTER) | SWEET ANNA'S | FOOD ...
CREAMY BLUE CHEESE PASTA WITH SHALLOTS - ROTH CHEESE
CHEF'S BUTTER (BLUE CHEESE SHALLOT BUTTER) | SWEET ANNA'S | FLAVORED ...
GRILLED CULOTTE WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOT AND BLUE CHEESE …
RECIPE: ROASTED SQUASH, SHALLOT AND BLUE CHEESE TART
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #easy #refrigerator #spreads #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment #4-hours-or-less
Pear, walnut and blue cheese risotto - recipe9.7K views-01:26
Andrew Zimmern Cooks: Broiled Salmon with Blue Cheese3K views-02:23
GREEN PEAS WITH BLUE CHEESE | Easy side dish!317 views-02:40
Black and Blue Bison Ribeye! Blue Cheese! Shallot! Garlic!183 views-09:40
Cauliflower, Pear and Blue Cheese Soup | Waitrose19K views-04:08
Prime Rib with Blue Cheese Crust and Shallot Jus and Iron Hub Resolute91 views-01:37
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make blue cheese butter?Place the butter and blue cheese in a bowl and mash with a fork until thoroughly combined. Some tiny chunks of blue cheese is great for texture. Scoop the mixture onto some plastic wrap on a flat surface. Roll up the blue cheese butter in the plastic wrap, pressing and forming it into a log.
How do you cook with blue cheese and garlic?Add layers of butter, garlic, and blue cheese to make the meal extra special. Allow one stick ( ½ cup) butter to come to room temperature. You can speed that up some with the microwave. Combine with ½ cup blue cheese crumbles. One tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, one teaspoon dry basil and two cloves crushed garlic.
How do you make lemon butter with lemon and shallots?Add the lemon juice and chopped shallot to the butter and continue mixing until the shallots are fully incorporated. Spread out a large (1-foot or bigger) square of plastic wrap across your work surface, then scoop the mixed butter onto the plastic. You are now going to roll the butter into a cylinder inside the plastic wrap.
What can I add to my blue cheese sauce?Optionally, you can add some fresh herbs to it like parsley, thyme, rosemary or chives or add some finely minced garlic. The butter needs to be at room temperature so it’s soft. Combine it in a bowl with the blue cheese, which has also been allowed to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.