BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE
- Trim excess fat off chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly smash garlic cloves just to flatten slightly, leaving peel attached and cloves as whole as possible.
- Heat 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 12 minutes per batch. Transfer chicken to plate. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic to pot. Stir until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add wine and thyme; bring to boil. Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, moving chicken pieces from top to bottom every 5 minutes (sauce will not cover chicken), about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Spoon garlic cloves around chicken and drizzle sauce over.
GARLIC WINE CHICKEN
An awesome dish to serve for any occasion, that's also easy to prepare. I have been cooking professionally for 9 years and in many different places, and this dish 'took off' every place that I tried it! Can be served over rice or capellini pasta (I prefer pasta) with your favorite mixed vegetables.
Provided by John Sedlock
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium skillet, heat oil for frying. Dredge chicken breast in flour and place it in the hot skillet. Add pepper to taste. Cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken over (presentation side up) and add the garlic, mushrooms, juice from 1/2 lemon and wine. Stir all together. Turn heat up as high as possible and let liquids reduce until about 1/4 cup liquid remains in skillet.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add the room temperature butter. Swirl it around in the skillet sauce until it is incorporated and the sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken and serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1014.6 calories, Carbohydrate 67 g, Cholesterol 129.5 mg, Fat 40.5 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 40.2 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 379.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
WHITE WINE GARLIC CHICKEN
This garlic chicken is great over cooked brown rice or your favorite pasta. Don't forget a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, too. -Heather Esposito, Rome, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm., Add mushrooms and onion to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes; serve over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 381mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WHITE WINE AND GARLIC BRAISED CHICKEN
This is the ultimate comfort food, easy, warm and delicious. I came up with this recipe one day when I was feeling sick and wanted something comforting to make me feel better. Hope you all like it!
Provided by mangosteen
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- pour a good amount of flour onto a plate. Add 1 teaspoons salt and 3 or 4 grinds of pepper. Mix together, and coat chicken pieces, shaking off excess flour.
- Preheat a pan that has a lid on high heat. Once heated, add olive oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a plate and turn off heat. If there are any scorched bits in the pan, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat pan again on medium high heat. Once heated, add butter and stir until melted. Add onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes, but don't let the butter burn. Add chicken pieces back into pan and pour in chicken broth and wine.
- Add bay leaves, rosemary, basil, 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and 3 -4 grinds of pepper. Stir a bit to spread spices around, and bring to a boil. Once boiling close lid and turn down to low heat. Let simmer for 1 hour, turning chicken pieces over with tongs every 20 minutes or so. Enjoy!
- Note: Sauce tends to reduce quite a bit, so if you want more sauce, add more chicken broth after half an hour or so.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473.2, Fat 29.5, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 138.6, Sodium 195.8, Carbohydrate 8.1, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.9, Protein 29.1
CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
Provided by Cynthia Paige Ward
Categories Chicken Garlic Mushroom Sauté Low Carb Quick & Easy White Wine Bon Appétit North Carolina
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to plate; keep warm. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides, turning once, about 6 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to skillet and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 2 minutes. Place chick atop mushrooms. Drizzle chicken with pan juices. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
"It's the only place where you can find a giant vat of peeled garlic, because it's the only place that truly understands how much garlic you'll need for the kind of food your people eat," Michelle Zauner writes about the supermarket H Mart in her memoir, "Crying in H Mart." Thankfully, many other grocery stores now sell containers of peeled garlic cloves. If you don't already buy those, then this recipe is a great reason to start. Chicken thighs, white pepper, chardonnay and 20 garlic cloves are all you need for this zinger of a one-pot meal, which braises in an hour. In that time, chicken fat, wine and water turn into a luscious sauce packed with garlicky redolence. The white pepper, musky and full of earthiness, is a key taste here, so don't skip it.
Provided by Eric Kim
Categories dinner, easy, weeknight, poultry, main course
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high, add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Season the chicken with salt on both sides, then add to the pot skin side down. Cook until the skin turns golden and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. If the skin browns too quickly, lower the heat. Flip, and sear the other side briefly, about 1 minute. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the schmaltzy oil over medium-high, and stir until fragrant and very lightly golden at the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the white pepper, then immediately add the wine and 1 cup water. Scrape up any stuck-on bits from the bottom of the pot while bringing the liquid to a simmer. Nestle the chicken in the pot skin side up, cover and cook in the oven until the chicken and garlic are meltingly tender, and the wine has reduced, about 1 hour. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if needed. Serve with rice.
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CORIANDER, WHITE WINE, AND GARLIC
With most of the ingredients likely already in your kitchen, this quick chicken dish from "Cook This Now" author Melissa Clark is sure to become a go-to dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast coriander seeds until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to a mortar and pestle and lightly crush.
- Smash two of the garlic cloves and remove peel. Peel remaining clove of garlic and finely chop. Add oil to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add smashed garlic and cook until pale golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet; let brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove all but about 2 tablespoons fat from skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return coriander seeds to skillet along with wine; cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in chopped garlic.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Increase heat to high and simmer liquid in skillet until thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour cooking liquid over chicken and serve garnished with fresh cilantro.
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS
Adding crème fraîche and fancy mushrooms to a pan full of wine-braised chicken makes it ultrarich and extra special. This recipe is perfect for a festive dinner when you're looking for a chicken dish that's a little more dressed up than your average weeknight meal, but it isn't overly difficult. Make it a day or two in advance, and, like all braises, it gets even better with time.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the black pepper. Finely grate, pass through a press or mince 2 garlic cloves. Set aside half the grated garlic for finishing the dish. Rub the rest all over the chicken pieces. Set aside the chicken while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter melts, add chicken in batches and cook until browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes per side. If the pan dries out, add a little more oil as needed. Transfer browned chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon each oil and butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, add mushrooms and cook undisturbed until well browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Thinly slice 2 garlic cloves. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in sliced garlic, leeks and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender and golden brown, 7 minutes. Add rosemary and wine to the pot and let simmer, scraping up the browned bits, until liquid reduces by half, about 1 minute.
- Nestle chicken, skin side up, into the pan and pour in any accumulated juices from the plate. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Pluck the rosemary sprigs from the pot. If the sauce looks thin, turn the heat to medium-high and let simmer until it thickens slightly, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining grated garlic, the crème fraîche, chives and lemon zest. Taste sauce and add more salt if needed. Spoon sauce over the chicken and top with parsley, more lemon zest and a dollop of crème fraîche, if you like, and serve.
BRAISED CHICKEN W/GARLIC AND WHITE WINE
Definitely for garlic lovers. This is a fairly simple braised chicken dish with a rich flavorful sauce. It has a lot of garlic but it is braised until the garlic turns into a buttery caramelized accent.
Provided by -JoeB
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Trim excess fat off chicken. Rinse and Pat the chicken dry. Salt and pepper each piece.
- Lightly smash garlic, leaving peel attached.
- Heat 4 Tbl Olive Oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Working in two batches, brown the chicken on all sides, 12 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil and garlic to the pot. Stir until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and thyme; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, moving chicken pieces from top to bottom every 5 minutes, for about 20 minutes. (The sauce will not cover the chicken).
- Season to taste w/salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter, spoon garlic cloves around chicken and spoon sauce over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 748, Fat 51, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 187.2, Sodium 183.8, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.9, Protein 46.4
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE
Chicken thighs are packed with moist dark meat and plenty of flavor. The wine sauce and spices bring out even more flavor in this slow-cooking supper.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken Chicken Thighs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid, arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, wine, and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over. Place a lemon slice on each piece; cover and continue simmering until tender, about 15 minutes. Leaving garlic and liquid in skillet, transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add butter, parsley, and lemon juice; stir until butter has softened and sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 44 g
More about "braised chicken with garlic and white wine recipes"
GARLIC BRAISED CHICKEN IN A CREAMY WHITE WINE SAUCE
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory EntreeTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND MUSHROOMS …
WINE BRAISED CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
WHITE WINE BRAISED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - A SAUCY …
EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
MUSTARD AND WHITE WINE BRAISED CHICKEN - SAVEUR
WINE BRAISED CHICKEN (DRUNKEN CHICKEN) - AN EASY …
CHICKEN BRAISED IN WHITE WINE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GARLIC AND ONION - PARDON …
CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS BRAISED IN WINE RECIPE | LEITE'S …
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrServings 4Calories 675 per serving
GARLIC BRAISED CHICKEN IN A CREAMY WHITE WINE SAUCE
CHICKEN BRAISED IN WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND GREEN CHILES RECIPE
WHITE WINE–BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BRAISED CHICKEN IN ROSEMARY WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN BRAISED IN WHITE WINE AND MASCARPONE RECIPE - GOURMET …
TOMATO BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS BEST RECIPES
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH PEACHES - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
ROAST CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE, HERBS AND GARLIC RECIPE - DRIZZLE AND DIP
WHITE WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC RECIPE
GARLIC & WHITE WINE BRAISED CHICKEN - THE FOOD JOY
OVEN BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, ROSEMARY, AND WHITE …
BAKED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND HERBS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
WHITE-WINE BRAISED CHICKEN - ASTRAL CHICKEN
WINE BRAISED GARLIC CHICKEN - GRANDBABY CAKES
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
FRENCH ORANGE & FENNEL BRAISED PROVENCAL CHICKEN RECIPE
QUICK-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND VEGETABLES
GARLIC BRAISED CHICKEN IN CREAMY WHITE WINE SAUCE …
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE WITH SHALLOTS AND MUSHROOMS
CHICKEN AND ONIONS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love