SILKY BRAISED CHICKEN WITH WILD MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Spread a third of the onion slices and all the garlic in the bottom of a 7-quart ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven. Scatter 5 sprigs thyme, 1 bay leaf, and 1 rosemary sprig over the onion layer. Lay half the chicken pieces on top of the herb layer. Repeat with another third of the onion slices, the same amounts of each of the herbs as before, and the remaining chicken pieces; finish with a layer of all the remaining onion slices. Pour Riesling and chicken stock over onions and chicken. Cover casserole, and place in the oven to cook until chicken is tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces from casserole, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove skin from chicken; cut each breast piece in half. Spread each chicken piece with 1/2 teaspoon mustard, season with salt and pepper, and top with sprigs of thyme. Set aside. With a ladle, remove about 1 cup of the chicken cooking liquid from casserole, straining it into a shallow bowl or fat separator; set aside to separate.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pearl onions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, shaking skillet often, until mushrooms soften and turn golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, and season again with salt and pepper. Cook, shaking skillet often, until mushrooms soften and release their juice, 3 to 5 minutes. Cook until juice has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons Madeira to skillet, and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Arrange 5 bacon strips in a single layer in skillet. Cook until bacon renders most of its fat and is golden brown. Place a piece of chicken on each piece of bacon and, using tongs, wrap chicken in bacon in a more or less haphazard way. Do not worry if chicken unwraps; it can be easily rewrapped before serving. Remove chicken from skillet, place on a platter, and cover with foil to keep warm. Drain fat from skillet. Repeat with remaining bacon and chicken.
- Add reserved cooked mushrooms and onions and all the chicken to skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Madeira and the reserved chicken cooking liquid, skimmed of fat. Cook until chicken and vegetables are hot. Serve.
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high. Add chicken, and cook until light golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and garlic, and season with salt. Cover; and cook over medium heat until mushrooms release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove lid. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add wine, and cook, stirring, until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add broth and parsley, cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve chicken topped with mushrooms, and drizzled with cooking liquid. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 g, Fat 10 g, Protein 43 g
CREAMY BRAISED CHICKEN
A smooth, delicate cream sauce gives a special taste to these tender chicken breasts accompanied by pearl onions and sauteed mushrooms. This dish is so rich-tasting, you'll want to serve it to company. -Margaret Haugh Heilman, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside. In the same pan, saute sliced onion, carrot and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove vegetables; set aside., Add chicken to pan; brown on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Add wine; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in broth and seasonings. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. , Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to pan. Remove from the heat; cover and set aside., In a nonstick skillet, saute pearl onions in remaining butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute mushrooms until tender. Add the onions and mushrooms to serving platter. Discard bay leaf from sauce; spoon over chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 647mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic exchanges
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH PEARL ONIONS
This is a family favorite handed down from my grandmother in London. She made it for every family gathering. It was always the first food to go on the table and the first one to disappear. -Wayne Barnes, Montgomery, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place chicken and onions in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup, wine and seasonings; pour over chicken and onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender., Remove chicken; skim fat from cooking juices. Serve cooking juices with chicken and rice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444 calories, Fat 22g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 157mg cholesterol, Sodium 990mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 44g protein.
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Quick-cooking polenta made to package directions, or crusty-style bake-off packaged bread such as ciabatta or, fresh crusty bread - pop in freezer if storing more than one night.
- Place the dried mushrooms, and stock in small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to low boil then reduce heat to low and reconstitute.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil, a couple of turns of the pan, in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid or a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Pat the chicken pieces dry, and season liberally with salt and pepper. To avoid crowding the pan, brown 1/2 the chicken at a time, skin-side down, for 5 minutes, then turn the chicken and brown 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Remove the browned chicken to a plate and add to the pan the sliced fresh mushrooms, browning the mushrooms for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves, salt, and pepper and stir 10 minutes more to soften.
- Deglaze the pot with the Marsala. Add the chicken pieces back to the pot and arrange the vegetables and mushrooms on top. Remove the porcinis from the small pot, roughly chop, and add to chicken. Pour the porcini stock over the chicken, reserving the last couple of spoonfuls, as this is where any grit may have settled.
- Cover and braise at a low simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. Cool and store for a make-ahead meal. Reheat over a medium flame, or in a preheated 325 degree F oven, and heat through 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with quick-cooking polenta or crusty bread, and garnish with chopped celery tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calorie, Fat 20 grams, SaturatedFat 4.5 grams, Cholesterol 98 milligrams, Sodium 306 milligrams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 8 grams
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS
This is a dish I like to make often. Sometimes I cook it with lots of juice to spoon over mashed potatoes,sometimes I cook it till the juices are thick and spoon them over the chicken. You can make this chicken without the flour,the juices won't be as thick but the dish will be just as tasty. You can choose not to flour the chicken,just as tasty and bake it in the oven on 350 degrees 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
Provided by L D @windella
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour,salt,pepper and garlic. Dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. In a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a platter. Add the shallot to the pan and saute until softened, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the onions and saute until they begin to pick up some brown color, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Stir in the stock and deglaze the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken and vegetables are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Add thyme,taste broth for seasoning,adjust if needed with salt and pepper. To serve, divide the vegetables among warmed shallow individual bowls. Top each portion with 2 pieces of chicken, 1 light meat and 1 dark. Serve immediately.
CHICKEN WITH PEARL ONION AND CREMINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and sauté chicken in 1 tablespoons olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil to pan and cook onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onions are brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add cream and return chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS & ONIONS
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken breasts. Turn several times to coat chicken.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet coated with non-stick spray over medium-high heat until hot; add chicken. Cover and cook, turning once, until chicken is browned (7-8 minutes). Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add mushrooms, onions and wine. Cook, covered, until mushrooms are tender (2-3 minutes).
- Increase heat to medium. Add cooked chicken, tomatoes and sugar. Cook until mixture comes to a boil (1-2 minutes). Cover; cook until chicken is no longer pink (8-9 minutes).
- Serve chicken over cooked egg noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.8, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 85, Sodium 380.3, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 2, Sugar 6.1, Protein 31.7
More about "braised chicken with mushrooms and pearl onions recipes"
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS …
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - EAT.
MUSHROOM AND ONION BRAISED CHICKEN IS PERFECT FALL DISH
MOM’S BEST BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS (小鸡炖 …
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, MUSHROOMS …
RECIPE FOR MUSHROOM CHICKEN CHINESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BRAISED CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM GRAVY WITH RICE RECIPE - EAT …
TOP 49 BEST RATED BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPES
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS | RECIPE
BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN …
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSHROOMS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HEALTHY RECIPE: BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS RECIPE | EAT …
CHINESE BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES AND PEARL ONIONS
CHICKEN TENDERS WITH MUSHROOM AND PEARL ONIONS - GRUMPY'S …
RED WINE BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN …
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS // MIDDLESEX …
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS IN THE NESCO
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS - FOODS AND DIET
SILKY BRAISED CHICKEN WITH WILD MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS RECIPE
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS - AUGUSTA HEALTH
BRAISED CHICKEN & MUSHROOMS WITH TINGLY CRISPY NOODLES
BRANDY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEARL ONIONS…
BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSHROOMS, ONIONS AND THYME
BRAISED CHICKEN PIE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, MUSHROOMS AND …
RED WINE BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
CHICKEN WITH CHANTERELLES AND PEARL ONIONS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
HONEY BEER BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS - THECREATIVEBITE.COM
BRAISED CHICKEN SMOTHERED IN MUSHROOM, ONIONS AND BALSAMIC …
PEARL ONION AND MUSHROOM RECIPE : TOP RECOMMENDATIONS FOR …
BRAISED CHICKEN - HOW TO COOK WITH MUSHROOMS (TESTED RECIPE)
You'll also love