BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE
We found this recipe tucked inside my mom's Bible when going through her things. It has become a family tradition on the first snow day of the year and if that doesn't happen, which can be the case here in central Virginia, we know it'll be the featured dessert at Easter and anytime a comfort food is in order.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Gail Cobile
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs, white sugar, 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of butter, and 3 cups of whole milk together, and gently stir in the bread cubes and raisins. Lightly spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and set in the middle, 50 to 55 minutes; cover the dish with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let the pudding stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- For vanilla sauce, whisk 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, the flour, a pinch of cinnamon, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 1/4 cups of whole milk,and salt together in a heavy saucepan until smooth. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour sauce over warm bread pudding, or serve on the side in a bowl.
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE
This Southern Bread Pudding is luscious. Be sure to serve the bourbon sauce while it is slightly warm. Quite often, this is our family's choice of holiday desserts. This came from an old southern cookbook many years ago.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by NoSpringChicken
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine bread and milk in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, raisins, butter and vanilla; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cool in pan at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve with Bourbon Sauce.
- Bourbon Sauce: Combine butter and sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves.
- Add egg, stirring briskly with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly; stir in bourbon.
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE
A classic recipe for bread pudding lovers everywhere!
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and eggs with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole. Place casserole in 13x9-inch pan; pour boiling water into pan until 1 inch deep.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of baking dish comes out clean.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding. Store in refrigerator.
SHYLA'S BREAD PUDDING WITH BUTTERY BOURBON SAUCE
Need an impressive and easy holiday dessert? Try this bread pudding recipe. It's one of the best we've ever had. The texture is firm without being dry. Adding raisins and pecans gives the pudding texture and adds flavor. The cinnamon and nutmeg are subtle leaving the main flavor from the buttery bourbon sauce. Warm and buttery...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Shyla Michelle
Number Of Ingredients 19
- 1. Begin this recipe by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the bread into cubes, about ½ inch each. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
- 2. Add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dash of salt.
- 3. Mix the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- 4. Add to the bread mixture.
- 5. Mix well.
- 6. Place 1/2 of the bread mixture in a casserole dish.
- 7. Now you can layer the pecans and raisins on top of the bread mixture if used.
- 8. Top the layers in the casserole dish with the remaining bread mixture.
- 9. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve the pudding warm with buttery bourbon sauce.
- 10. For the buttery bourbon sauce, in a saucepan combine all the ingredients. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- 11. Serve warm over bread pudding.
CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM VANILLA BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Recipe From keyingredient.com
Provided by newlywedcook
Number Of Ingredients 20
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a round 9 inch cake pan. 2. Cut cinnamon raisin bread into medium sized cubes and arrange evenly in cake pan. 3. In a small frying pan over medium heat, sauté the raisins with a dash of cinnamon in a tbsp of butter until soft. Toss raisins and chocolate chips with bread cubes. 4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, milk, 1 tbsp cinnamon and butter. Stir until butter is melted. Allow to cool slightly and stir in vanilla. Temper the eggs by adding a few tablespoons of the butter sauce to the eggs. (This step raises the temperature of the eggs to prevent 'scrambling!') Add eggs to butter mixture and pour over bread cubes. 5. Create a water bath by filling a large baking pan with sides with ½ inch of water. Place cake pan in water bath & cover cake pan with foil. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes uncovered. Vanilla Bourbon Sauce 6. After replacing the bread pudding in the oven to finish cooking, prepare the Bourbon sauce. 7. Whisk together 3 tbsp milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add Bourbon and sugar and stir constantly until boiling. Slowly add cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Continue cooking until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat when thick. 8. After removing bread pudding from oven, pour Bourbon sauce over the bread pudding. Let sit 5 minutes before serving to allow sauce to flavor the bread pudding. The sauce will continue to thicken and form a beautiful glaze over the bread pudding.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE
- Butter 8-inch square baking dish. Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Place bread and pecans in prepared dish. Pour milk mixture over and let stand 5 minutes. Push down bread into custard. Refrigerate 2 hours, pushing bread into custard occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan. Add enough boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding. Bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown on top, approximately 50 minutes. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce.
COCONUT CREOLE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE
- Make pudding:
- Discard crust from bread and cut enough bread into 1/2-inch cubes to measure 6 cups. In a large baking pan dry bread, uncovered, at room temperature 12 hours. (Alternatively, dry bread in a 250°F oven 1 hour.)
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Drain pineapple well. Chop pecans and toast golden. In a bowl toss together bread, pineapple, and half of pecans and transfer to baking dish. In bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, cream, and vanilla and pour slowly and evenly over bread mixture. Chill pudding, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over pudding. Cut butter into bits and dot pudding with it. Bake pudding in middle of oven 20 minutes. Remove pudding from oven and drop walnut-size mounds of coconut decoratively on top. Bake pudding until coconut is golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and bourbon. In a small heavy saucepan bring cream, milk, sugar, and a pinch salt to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Whisk cornstarch mixture and whisk into cream mixture. Boil sauce gently, whisking, 1 minute, or until thickened. Keep sauce warm, covered.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with sauce.
BREAD PUDDING WITH SOUTHERN BOURBON SAUCE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place stale bread in a bowl with milk and squeeze the bread with your hand until well saturated with milk.
- With an electric mixer on high speed in a separate bowl, beat eggs with sugar until thick and pale. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and raisins to the egg mixture. Add the soaked bread crumbs to the egg mixture and stir well. Let stand for 10 minutes. It is important to allow enough time for the bread to absorb the egg mixture or the bread crumbs will float to the top during baking, leaving a layer of custard on the bottom of the dish.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish. Bake until firm, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let it slightly cool in the dish.
- Meanwhile, near the end of the baking time, make the sauce. With an electric mixer, beat egg yolks until thick and pale. In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the egg yolks, beating constantly with the mixer, until well thickened. Stir in bourbon by hand. Serve the pudding warm with vanilla ice cream if desired. Pass the hot bourbon sauce separately.
People also searched
More recipes about "bread pudding with warm bourbon sauce"
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CREAM SAUCE ~ THE BUTTERED HOME
NEW ORLEANS BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE ...
2003-10-17 · To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup bourbon. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon sauce.
- To prepare pudding, combine raisins and 2 tablespoons bourbon in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain mixture in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Combine reserved liquid, milk, and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with raisins, pressing gently into bread mixture. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
BREAD PUDDING RECIPE WITH BOURBON SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
2020-12-23 · To make a traditional bread pudding sauce, whip up a quick bourbon-infused glaze. I like to add brown sugar because the molasses compliments the flavor of the barrel-aged whiskey. Melted …
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, do not let it simmer. Whisk in the brown sugar, make sure the mixture does not get above 135ºF (57ºC). Add the egg and quickly whisk to combine. Continuously stir and cook until it thickens enough to coat a spoon and reaches 155 to 160ºF (68 to 71ºC), about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON BUTTER SAUCE - LIFE ...
2020-06-03 · Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the sugar and bourbon, and bring to a simmer. In a large bowl, whisk the egg until well blended. Add a little of …
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl, and toss with the milk until the bread is moistened. Soak for at least 1 hour.
RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2004-01-05 · Directions. Place raisin bread pieces in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Stir together sweetened condensed milk and next 5 ingredients; pour over bread pieces. Place dish in a large shallow pan; add hot …
- Place raisin bread pieces in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Stir together sweetened condensed milk and next 5 ingredients; pour over bread pieces. Place dish in a large shallow pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with warm Bourbon Sauce.
NEW ORLEANS BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE | SAVOR THE ...
2020-02-21 · Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and spices to make a custard. Mix the bread and custard together, then bake at 350 F for 35 minutes, until set. Make the bourbon sauce by dissolving …
- Stir together the raisins and bourbon, cover, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, until most of the bourbon is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- the oven to 350 F. Butter a 9x13-inch cake pan or casserole dish, then sprinkle with brown sugar and melt the sugar for a few minutes in the oven.
- Put the bread cubes in a large bowl and pour the milk over top. Stir and let stand until all the milk is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and spices until smooth, then pour into the bread mixture. Add the soaked raisins and mix until well blended.
PANDORO BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE | STRIPED ...
2013-12-07 · Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 40 - 45 minutes, until bread pudding is lightly browned and custard is set. Cool for about 15 minutes, dust with powdered sugar, and serve with warm bourbon sauce. Make the Warm Bourbon Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, heavy cream, bourbon, and salt. Return to medium-low heat and simmer, whisking, until thick enough to lightly coat the back of a spoon. Cool slightly and serve.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2007-03-06 · Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce. To make the bourbon sauce:. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Place some of the sauce on top of a square of ...
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2020-04-05 · In a saucepan, mix the sugar, butter, buttermilk, bourbon, baking soda, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Drizzle over the bread pudding and serve warm. Enjoy this decadent Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce with some coffee on the side!
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE BY DEBORRAH ...
2012-07-21 · In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the egg yolks, beating constantly with the mixer, until well thickened. Stir in bourbon by hand. Serve the pudding warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
2020-11-20 · To turn this into a “make ahead” recipe, follow the recipe instructions to make the bourbon sauce and pudding, soak the bread cubes, and assemble the bread pudding. However, instead of baking the bread pudding, simply cover the top of the cake pan with a tight layer of plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to bake. The unbaked bread pudding will keep for around 24 hours in the fridge.
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
2009-07-27 · Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan. Add in sufficient boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding. Bake till pudding is puffed and golden on top, approximately 50 min. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cold slightly. Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding hot with Bourbon Sauce.
YARD HOUSE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE / YARD HOUSE BREAD PUDDING ...
Find classic bread pudding, breakfast casserole with kale, and more bread pudding recipes! Warm and comforting, it's just right on a cold night. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Whether you're in the classroom or keeping your because bread pudding is so popular and versatile, every good cook will need a variety of recipes in their ...
See details ››
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE RECIPES - VIKING ...
Pudding: In a pan over low heat, warm raisins in bourbon for 5 minutes; remove from heat; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar, then whisk in cream, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Place bread cubes in egg and cream mixture, press down lightly, stir gently, cover and let stand in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350˚F (176°C); grease a 13x9-inch baking dish ...
See details ››
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE | RECIPE | DESSERT ...
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures.
See details ››
BREAD PUDDING WITH WARM BOURBON SAUCE- TFRECIPES
Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan. Add enough boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding. Bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown on top, approximately 50 minutes. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce.
See details ››
WARM CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING IN BOURBON SAUCE - THE WHOLE ...
2021-03-22 · Warm Cinnamon Bread Pudding in Bourbon Sauce. March 22, 2021. Written by Imperfect Foods. 4 Never throw out your day-olds again. For bread that’s lost some of its “fresh from the oven” springiness, our food waste solution is a bit of a boozy one. After a dip in this orange-infused bourbon bath, slightly stale Cinnamon Bread reemerges as a delicious bread pudding worthy of …
See details ››
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE | WILTON
2018-11-03 · Bourbon Bread Pudding Recipe. Posted by Desiree | Nov 3, 2018. The Danish have a word for the feeling of being with close friends and family in a cozy environment: hygge. It’s all about staying warm on the inside when it’s cold on the outside. With the concept of hygge in mind, we crafted a warm, tasty – and boozy! – dessert to help cure those cold weather blues. This fall, delight ...
See details ››