BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD
If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours., Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
HOMEMADE ITALIAN BREADCRUMBS
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 3 to 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender carafe, cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form, about 2 minutes. Spread the crumbs evenly on 2 half sheet pans and bake until the crumbs just begin to brown and are crisp, about 5 minutes. Cool the crumbs on the pans for 15 to 20 minutes, and then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
If you only have plain breadcrumbs on hand, and your recipe calls for Italian breadcrumbs, what's a chef to do?!? Here's your solution - A recipe for turning unflavored breadcrumbs into flavorful Italian breadcrumbs. This works equally well with gluten-free or regular crumbs, pre-packaged or homemade.
Provided by Whats Cooking
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, tossing to blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container and use in any recipe calling for Italian breadcrumbs.
E-Z SEASONED BREAD CRUMBS
If you are using this for breading such as Salisbury Steaks etc, use 1/2 the amount of crumbs and you will have a stronger spicier mix.
Provided by Aroostook
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Take 12 slices of stale bread and let air dry (or place crumbs on pan and dry in oven at 225 F).
- Crumble and grate until into crumbs.
- Let dry again.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
SEASONED BREAD CRUMBS
Our Test Kitchen came up with this good-for-you alternative to high-sodium packaged bread crumbs, using garlic powder and a handful of dried herbs. The crumbs make a savory topping for casseroles and a crispy coating for pork, chicken and fish.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
All the breadcrumbs you want, at a great price. Add your own seasoning so you know what you are getting!
Provided by Terri-Lynn Howell-Schlaiss
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Using tongs, place bread slices directly on oven racks. Leave in oven until hard and golden brown, about 30 minutes; darker if you prefer. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Crumble slices into a large bowl until reduced to fine crumbs, or place in bowl of food processor and process until fine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 701.5 calories, Carbohydrate 117.3 g, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 19.3 g, Protein 36.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1340.5 mg, Sugar 15.8 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- There is a real advantage to making bread crumbs instead of using pre-packaged ones, with their unpleasant preserved taste. Full tasting bread, like a sourdough or herbed bread makes for delicious crumbs. When made from fresh bread the crumbs absorb less fat or liquid than a dry crumb, making them ideal for topping off gratins, or breading meat and fish when frying. Dry crumbs are better suited for stuffings since they absorb moisture just like a sponge. Most breads can be turned into bread crumbs by simply grinding them in a food processor. Trimming crusts makes for a more delicate crumb and for very fine crumbs, strain them through a fine-mesh sieve. Store bread crumbs in a tightly sealed plastic bag in the freezer.
More about "breadcrumbs recipes"
HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (168)Calories 202 per servingCategory Appetizer, Side Course
- Prepare the dough: In a large bowl or stand mixer add the yeast, water and a pinch of the sugar or honey. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes until foaming and bubbly. (This is called “proofing” the yeast, to make sure it is active. If it doesn’t foam, the yeast is no good, and you need to start over with fresh yeast).
- Add another cup of flour and mix to combine. With the mixer running add more flour, ½ cup at a time, until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough should be smooth and elastic, and slightly stick to a clean finger, but not be overly sticky. Add a little more flour, if needed.
- Knead the dough: Mix the dough for 4-5 minutes on medium speed (or knead with your hands on a lightly floured surface, for 5-8 minutes).
GRANDMA'S PERFECT HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (20)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsCategory Bread, Side Dish, SnackCalories 171 per serving
- In a stand mixer add the warm water, sugar, salt and yeast. Let the yeast proof until it bubbles for about 5 minutes. Using the dough hook start adding the flour one cup at a time until the dough combines and forms a soft dough.
- On a floured surface knead the dough until smooth and elastic and form a ball. Add the oil to the large bowl and add the dough to the bowl and cover. Let rise until it has doubled 1- 1 1/2 hours.
- Grease and flour 2 9x5 inch pans. Punch the dough to release the air. Lay the dough onto a flat surface and cut into two loaves. Roll each loaf up and place into the loaf pans. Let rise until it doubles another 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on the tops. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
10 EASY BREAD RECIPES FOR BEGINNERS | CHATELAINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
20 RECIPE IDEAS FOR USING UP LEFTOVER OR STALE BREAD ...
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
BREAD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
21 RECIPES WITH LOTS OF BREADCRUMBS BECAUSE CRISPY BITS ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 minsPublished 2015-06-16
- Roasted Spring Onions. You know what's better than regular breadcrumbs? Lemony ones. View Recipe.
- Linguine with Green Olive Sauce and Zesty Breadcrumbs. Bursting with the big brash flavors of green olives, anchovies, and capers, this herbaceous pasta sauce isn't afraid to bite back.
- Baked Beans with Slab Bacon and Breadcrumbs. These aren’t sticky-sweet brown sugar baked beans. Think of them like the top crust of a good cassoulet. View Recipe.
- BA’s Best Macaroni and Cheese. Don’t be alarmed if the sauce looks thin at first: It will continue to thicken as it bakes with the noodles. View Recipe.
- Lumaconi with Prosciutto and Lemon Breadcrumbs. We’re now obsessed with this snail-shaped pasta (which is made from scratch at Tosca). View Recipe.
- Broccolini-Cheddar Gratin with Rye Breadcrumbs. You will fight your own relatives for the bits of cheesy goodness stuck to the bottom of the pan. Learn how to make this recipe in this video.
- Creamed Swiss Chard with Lemony Breadcrumbs. Unlike a heavy béchamel, this streamlined cream sauce won’t mask the earthy-sweet flavor of the greens. View Recipe.
- Endive Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Breadcrumbs. Chef Ignacio Mattos says to get both the walnuts and the breadcrumbs very toasty and dark brown; he loves the contrast between the rich, crunchy bits and the bright, juicy endive on top.
- Cod with Chorizo and Breadcrumbs. Adding vinegar to the chorizo topping cuts the richness of the sausage and brightens the entire dish. View Recipe.
- Orecchiette with Kale and Breadcrumbs. Orecchiette ("little ears" in Italian) are the perfect shape for cupping the kale and breadcrumbs. View Recipe.
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
4.8/5 (515)Calories 131 per servingCategory Bread
- In a large bowl, dissolve the 1 TBSP of the sugar in warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining sugar, salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Dough should be tacky and clean the sides of the bowl save for a small part at the bottom. Too much flour added in yields a dry loaf of bread, so if you're worried you added too much, add a bit more hot water, until you get the correct consistency.
- Knead dough for 7 minutes. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for 1 minute and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
THE BEST 30 BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
- Country White Bread. This simple bread machine white bread recipe results in a bread with a pleasant, chewy texture. It's delicious as toast for breakfast, or you can use it to make great sandwiches, grilled or not.
- Whole Wheat Bread. This straightforward wheat bread is ideal to have on hand as it can be used for sandwiches as well as breakfast toast. With just a handful of simple ingredients and only whole wheat flour, you will have a delicious loaf without much effort.
- Multigrain Loaf Bread. Full of flavor, this bread machine recipe uses multigrain cereal to add texture and crunch to the loaf. It is delicious for breakfast, toasted and slathered with butter or honey, or use for your favorite chicken or roast beef sandwich.
- Milk and Honey Bread. This is an easy bread to make with your bread machine, and it's wonderful for sandwiches and toast. The recipe calls for only milk, honey, butter, flour, salt, and yeast.
- Sweet Potato Rolls. Mashed sweet potatoes give these rolls amazing flavor and color, and they're perfect on the Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table. But this recipe is also ideal for using up leftover sweet potatoes, and the two dozen or so pull-apart rolls are great to have on hand for weeknight meals.
- Soft Pretzels. Soft pretzels are a fun snack, and considering they don't require any special ingredients, they can often be made without any planning. Of course, you need to shape the pretzels by hand, but the bread machine will take care of the dough.
- Wheat Cornmeal Bread. This is a fabulous bread for both toasting and for making delicious sandwiches. The cornmeal and whole wheat flour add just enough texture to the bread, and a small amount of brown sugar sweetens it perfectly.
- Banana Bread. Banana bread is always a good use for overripe bananas, and this bread machine recipe makes it quick to prepare. All the wet ingredients are combined in the machine and then the mixed dry ingredients are added.
- Pizza Dough. This recipe makes enough pizza dough for two 12-inch thick-crust pizzas. You can enjoy one pizza now and freeze the other half of the dough for another day.
- Peanut Butter Bread. What could be more perfect for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich than peanut butter bread? Considering there are only four other ingredients, you probably have everything you need to make this simple bread machine recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BREAD CRUMBS, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOW TO MAKE BREADCRUMBS | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
RECIPE: CREAMY PROSCIUTTO & TOMATO PASTA WITH BROWN BUTTER ...
50+ BREAD MACHINE RECIPES - ADAMANTKITCHEN.COM
BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BASIC SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPES - CRYSTALIAUSA.COM
PRALINE MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS RECIPE
INSTANT POT BREAD RECIPE (NO-KNEAD) | KITCHN
THOMASINA MIERS’ RECIPE FOR ROOT GRATIN WITH ANCHOVY CREAM ...
BREADCRUMBS SPINACH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BEST BREAD MACHINE RECIPES THAT AREN'T BREAD
HOMEMADE PANKO BREADCRUMBS | BREADCRUMBS RECIPES - YOUTUBE
10 BEST PANKO BREAD CRUMBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breads #condiments-etc #american #easy #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #comfort-food #garnishes #inexpensive #low-in-something #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make breadcrumbs from bread?There are a couple ways to make breadcrumbs from bread. This method is super fast and simple. It requires a food processor; a blender will also work in a pinch. To make breadcrumbs, simply tear your stale white bread into roughly 1-inch pieces.
Can I use stale bread for breadcrumbs?Please, do not use stale bread in this process. Stale bread makes for stale tasting breadcrumbs. You need to use dry bread only. If you bread is too fresh, just bake fresh bread slices in a slow oven a oven until slightly dry.
Can you freeze bread crumbs for bread baking?If you do not have a supply of homemade bread crumbs in your freezer, and you need a small amount for your recipe: Use 1 or 2 slices of bread. Dry in oven. Place dry bread slices in a resealable plastic bag, and using your rolling pin or a large drinking glass, roll over the top of the plastic bag and crush bread until desired coarseness.
Do homemade bread crumbs taste better than store bought?There is nothing like homemade bread crumbs to improve the taste of your dish. Fresh homemade bread crumbs taste far better than store-bought bread crumbs and they are so easy to make! Making your own bread crumbs also saves money since commercial bread crumbs are expensive.