- Place 4 layers of cheesecloth in colander set over a bowl. Add the yogurt and let drain overnight in the refrigerator. The desired consistency is that of soft cream cheese.
BRITISH YOGURT CHEESE
- Put a piece of cloth or coffee filter in a sieve.
- Mix the yogurt with cream and salt and pour it in the cloth. Drain for 12 hours, throw away the fluid.
- Form balls of the drained yogurt, and put them uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Roll them in the oregano and basil (or other herbs) and put them in the fridge for another 24 hours.
- Stack them in a glass jar and cover with olive oil.
- Keep in the fridge. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 722.8, Fat 43.1, SaturatedFat 27.6, Cholesterol 168.7, Sodium 5140.1, Carbohydrate 49.4, Sugar 48.6, Protein 36.8
A delicious, creamy cheese that perks up bagels and sandwiches. Very simple to make and the variations are endless. Try to use a full fat yogurt such as Balkan style. You could easily experiment with many other ingredients such as, chopped olives, fresh herbs or sweet ingredients.
Provided by LISAMONIQUE
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line a strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour into the cheesecloth lined strainer. Place the strainer over another bowl to catch the liquid, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days, until all of the liquid has drained off. Empty the drainage bowl occasionally so you can see when the cheese has stopped draining.
- Transfer cheese to a covered container, and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 29 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Fat 1.5 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 93.9 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
EASY HOMEMADE YOGURT
This is a super-easy way someone taught me to make homemade yogurt that requires only 2 ingredients. Pay attention to the notes. Halve the recipe if this is your first time. Usually because store-bought yogurts have lots of additives first-time yogurts do not turn out perfectly. But save 1 cup and use it as base the next time and you will see how well it turns out.
Provided by ParsiCook
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Pour the milk into a pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Reduce heat and simmer, about 10 minutes; do not let it boil over.
- Remove pot from heat and allow to sit for 30 to 60 minutes. Dip your finger into the milk every once in a while to determine when you can leave your finger in the milk for 10 to 15 seconds without burning. Pour in the yogurt; there is no need to stir.
- Put the lid on the pot and carefully wrap a blanket around it. Place the wrapped pot in a slightly warm place where it will be undisturbed for 6 to 10 hours; overnight is best. Transfer to the refrigerator to allow the yogurt to continue to thicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 5 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 110.1 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
You can use this versatile cheese in many different ways.I will post a boursin cheese recipe to use this with. Cook Time is just the wait time in the refrigerator.
Provided by Lorrie in Montreal
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Suspend the sieve over a deep bowl.
- Place the yogurt in the filter and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the whey to drain out.
- When the yogurt has the consistency of a soft cream cheese, scrape the yogurt away from the filter and transfer it to a plastic container.
- Discard the liquid in the bowl and refrigerate the yogurt cheese.
- Use within 1 week, discarding any accumulated liquid before using.
HERBED YOGURT CHEESE
- Place yogurt in a fine strainer set over a bowl, and refrigerate for 8 hours to allow moisture to drain out.
- Discard the liquid, and place the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap about 10 inches long, and roll it into a log about 5 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the cheese with toast, crackers or bread. It is good served as part of a salad accompaniment; arrange chunks on each plate, or spread on small toasts or untoasted baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 47, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 160 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
MEDITERRANEAN YOGURT CHEESE
- Place 2 layers of cheesecloth in a fine-mesh sieve over a large measuring cup or bowl. Add Greek yogurt and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Top with a plate that is at least 1 inch smaller than the inside rim of sieve and weight with a heavy can. Refrigerate 48 hours. Roll into balls (1 tablespoon each).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28 g, Fat 1 g, Protein 4 g
GARLIC-HERB YOGURT CHEESE
White pepper is milder than black, allowing the flavors of the herbs and yogurt to shine, but if you don't have it in your pantry, use black pepper to taste. The whey that drains out of the yogurt is a source of protein, calcium, potassium, and riboflavin. Freeze it in ice-cube trays to blend into fruit shakes and smoothies, or enjoy it (unfrozen) lightly sweetened, over ice.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 1 1/4 cups cheese and 2 cups whey
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Fold a large piece of cheesecloth twice to form a 4-layer, roughly 18-inch square. Place in a sieve set over a large bowl, and spoon yogurt into center. Gathering the 4 corners, tie a piece of kitchen twine just above yogurt to form a tight bundle. Let yogurt (still in sieve over bowl) drain in refrigerator at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Cut open cheesecloth. Transfer yogurt cheese to a bowl; set whey aside for another use. Stir chives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper into yogurt cheese. Serve with crudites and bread.
More about "british yogurt cheese recipes"
YOGHURT RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
HOMEMADE YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (116)Total Time 8 hrs 5 minsCategory Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, IngredientCalories 29 per serving
RECIPE: YOGURT CREAM CHEESE - THANK YOUR BODY
A VERY BRITISH CHEESECAKE | DESSERT RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
HOW TO MAKE LABNEH, AN EASY RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE CHEESE
YOGURT CHEESE RECIPES - STONYFIELD
YOGHURT RECIPES - BBC FOOD
YOGURT CHEESE WITH CILANTRO, GARLIC, AND LIME - OH SWEET MERCY
HEALTHIER GREEK YOGURT CHEESECAKE - FIT MITTEN KITCHEN
GREEK YOGURT CHEESE (FRESH LABNEH) | LIVE EAT LEARN
#ASKWARDEE 030: HOW DO I USE ALL THIS YOGURT CHEESE?
WHAT IS YOGURT CHEESE & HOW TO MAKE AT HOME (RECIPE)
YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE - CLEAN EATING MAG
26 RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH YOGURT — EAT THIS NOT THAT
YOGURT CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
23 BEST EVER VEGAN CHEESE RECIPE IDEAS - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
10 BEST GREEK YOGURT CREAM CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO EASILY MAKE WHEY (AND CHEESE) FROM YOGURT
SAINT AGUR: 8 BRILLIANT BLUE CHEESE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHEESE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
YOGURT CHEESE - THE WASHINGTON POST
BRITISH YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPES, CHEESE RECIPES, …
OUR FAVORITE MILK, CREAM, YOGURT AND CHEESE RECIPES
CLASSIC BRITISH CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY YOGURT CREAM CHEESE – THE FOUNTAIN AVENUE KITCHEN
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE YOGURT DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT CHEESE | STONYFIELD
WORLD’S EASIEST VEGAN CASHEW YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE LABNEH (YOGURT CHEESE) - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
GREEK YOGURT CHEESECAKE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - A CLASSIC BRITISH SIDE | GREEDY GOURMET
RECIPE: HOMESTEAD YOGURT-CULTURED HARD CHEESE
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE | YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES.COM
YOGURT CHEESE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
50 THINGS TO MAKE WITH YOGURT | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL …
LABNEH: HOMEMADE YOGURT CHEESE | RECIPES | MOORLANDS EATER
GREEK YOGURT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE - HEALTHY
YES, YOU CAN MAKE CHEESE OUT OF GREEK YOGURT. HERE'S HOW.
#weeknight #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #eggs-dairy #european #vegetarian #english #dietary #gifts #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make yogurt cheese?Steps to Make It For yogurt cheese, line a strainer or funnel with a double thickness of cheesecloth or a single coffee filter, and place it over a container to catch the liquid. Spoon in the yogurt into the filter or cheesecloth. Cover the top of the funnel or strainer with plastic wrap and refrigerate it at least overnight.
What are the best yoghurt recipes from the Great British chefs?This magnificent collection of yoghurt recipes from Great British Chefs includes Colin McGurran's yoghurt and berry crunch, Agnar Sverrisson's yoghurt ice cream, and honey flapjack with frozen yoghurt from Alyn Williams. More... More... Coconut and yoghurt rice pudding arancini with yog...
How do you make Greek yogurt cheese balls?Step 1 Place 2 layers of cheesecloth in a fine-mesh sieve over a large measuring cup or bowl. Add Greek yogurt and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Top with a plate that is at least 1 inch smaller than the inside rim of sieve and weight with a heavy can. Refrigerate 48 hours. Roll into balls (1 tablespoon each).
How to make Greek yogurt and garlic Parmesan?Directions. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour into the cheesecloth lined strainer. Place the strainer over another bowl to catch the liquid, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days, until all of the liquid has drained off. Empty the drainage bowl occasionally so you can see when the cheese has stopped draining.