I LOVE POTATOES prepared in any way. I came up with this recipe by combining two recipes for broccoli and potato "latkes". These are easy to prepare and make a delicious side dish. -Patricia Kile Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine broccoli and boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain thoroughly. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add onions, flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Add broccoli. Just before cooking, finely shred potato; add to broccoli mixture. , In a large skillet, heat about 1/4 in. of oil over medium-high heat. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet. Fry over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 319mg cholesterol, Sodium 708mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
From Dr. Andrew Weil's website. I am really posting this for myself, but I am sure many others will want to try it, too. My calculation is that it's approximately 2 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Provided by Barb Witherspoon
Yield 20 1-inch pancakes, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut the florets off the head of the broccoli and separate them by cutting the large ones in half so they are all more or less the same size. You should have about 3 cups. Discard the stalks, or save them along with any remaining florets to use in soup or a vegetable stir-fry.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium pan, then drop in the broccoli florets, cover, and let steam as they cook, for 3 minutes. Strain in a colander.
- Put the steamed broccoli, onions, chili and garlic in a food processor and pulse on and off to chop (do not puree the vegetables), or chop by hand. Transfer the chopped ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir in the oil, flour, dill, and salt. Add the egg or egg whites and milk and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Smear the bottom of a large, nonstick skillet with 1/4 teaspoon of butter and set it over medium heat for about 1 minute. Drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot skillet, placing them far enough apart so that the pancakes don't touch, and cook over low to medium heat for about 1 minute. Turn the pancakes and cook the other side for 1 minute. Transfer them to a hot platter to keep warm while you continue making the rest until all the batter is used up.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the Mock Sour Cream together and spoon 1 teaspoonful on top of each pancake, then top with a sprinkle of paprika.
More about "broccoli pancakes recipes"
BROCCOLI PANCAKES - W/ SPINACH AND PARMESAN CHEESE
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsServings 2
- Steam the chopped broccoli for about 4-5 minutes. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the spinach for 3 minutes, until wilted. Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the baking soda, flour, panko, and Parmesan cheese. Add the steamed broccoli, spinach, and half of the scallions and mix well.
- Form 8-10 pancakes on the baking sheet leaving some space between them. Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for 2 more minutes. Alternatively, fry in a pan until golden.
CRISPY BROCCOLI PARMESAN FRITTERS - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Discard the hard part off of the stem, and chop the stem also. Place the broccoli and stem pieces into a food processor and pulse a few times until the broccoli is chopped. Add in the eggs, onion, garlic, flour and Parmesan. Pulse again a couple of times until well combined (about 5 seconds of pulsing). Stir the salt and pepper through the mixture.
- Form 8-10 fritters on the prepared baking sheets, making sure they don’t touch each other. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray.
PALEO BROCCOLI PANCAKES - IRENA MACRI
Servings 2Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Place broccoli, green onion, garlic and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and grind into small crumbs. Add the egg and process again until incorporated. Add baking powder and tapioca flour and mix in the processor, scraping the sides. [url href=”https://irenamacri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/broccoli_pancakes_3.jpg”][/url]
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large frying pan until really hot and then bring the heat down to medium. Add a tablespoon of mixture and flatten slightly into a round pancake. Repeat until you’ve filled the frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, flipping carefully in between. Add a little extra coconut oil when cooking on the second side. Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
BROCCOLI CHICKEN FRITTERS | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (46)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainsCalories 100 per serving
CHEDDAR BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPE - GREEN GIANT
Servings 9Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SAVORY BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, SnackCalories 136 per serving
CHEESE AND BROCCOLI PANCAKES | PANCAKE DAY RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Whilst whisking, gradually add the two cheeses and the salt, and continue mixing until they have melted and become a thick and creamy sauce.
- Cook the broccoli for two minutes in boiling water then place in bowl of cold water to halt the cooking process.
- This will preserve the vivid colour. Mix the mayonnaise with the finely chopped wild garlic leaves (or crushed garlic), the flavour should be quite mild but it will intensify over time, so dont make it too strong.
BROCCOLI FRITTERS | COOKTORIA
4.6/5 (89)Calories 238 per servingCategory Appetizer, Lunch, Side Dish
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook them just until they are fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli well and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, cut them into very small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, eggs, Parmesan, flour, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Place a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan (a non-stick pan needs less oil). Scoop out 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the broccoli mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them about one inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, flip them once, and cook them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through. (*See recipe note below for baking instructions).
KETO BROCCOLI CHEESE FRITTERS | BROCCOLI CHEESE PANCAKES ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Take the chopped broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle some salt + water on it. Microwave it for 4 minutes, till broccoli is tender.
- If you don't have Microwave then do it on a stove top in boiling water and drain the broccoli of excess water.
RECIPE: SAVORY BROCCOLI PANCAKES WITH VEGAN RICOTTA ...
Servings 4Calories 170 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
BROCCOLI PANCAKES WITH 'CHEESE' SAUCE [VEGAN] - ONE …
Servings 2-4Calories 473 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SAVOURY INDIAN STYLE BROCCOLI PANCAKES WITH SPICY CHILI ...
Cuisine International RecipesCategory DinnerServings 2Total Time 30 mins
LOW-CALORIE BROCCOLI PANCAKES | BROCCOLI FRITTER RECIPE ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 260 per serving
BROCCOLI PANCAKES | LOVE MY SALAD
3.1/5 (260)Total Time 15 mins
SAVORY BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT …
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
BROCCOLI PANCAKES | RECIPES | DR. WEIL'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BROCCOLI PANCAKES | MRFOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Vegetables
LOW CARB GARLIC BROCCOLI PANCAKES (ERMAHGERD!) - …
Servings 12Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BROCCOLI COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES & MUSHROOM …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BESAN BROCCOLI DOSA (CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES) – …
BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI FRITTERS| BROCCOLI FRITTERS ...
10+ DELICIOUS BROCCOLI RECIPES - THE NATURAL NURTURER
BROCCOLI WITH CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES RECIPE. VEGETARIAN ...
CHEESE AND BROCCOLI PANCAKES RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary #broccoli
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Broccoli pancakes with egg?Next whisk the eggs well and salt, seasonings and pepper to it. mix well again. Now add beaten eggs, cheddar cheese and mix well to combine. Now put a tablespoon of oil on a medium hot pan. Add a spoonful of broccoli mixture on the pan and gently spread into a thin pancake. Cook on both sides till golden brown and crispy.
How do you cook Broccoli pancakes with cheese sauce?Don't worry if the first pancake doesn't come out well; it'll `season' the pan and they are much easier from then on. To finish, place the pancake on a plate, put the broccoli and the cheese sauce on one half of the pancake, fold the other half over and drizzle with the mayonnaise.
How to cook fresh Broccoli in a pan?1. Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook them just until they are fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli well and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, cut them into very small pieces. 2.
What is the best way to cook Broccoli and cheese cakes?Add the broccoli, 2 more tablespoons of water and cook covered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Let cool 10 minutes. Add the cheese and roll into 4 balls, about 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) each. Flatten to form cakes.