STIR-FRIED BROCCOLI IN OYSTER SAUCE
When I was growing up in Brooklyn, many of my friends had working parents who would leave them money to buy Chinese takeout for dinner. I would crave their chicken wings, plantains and chicken with broccoli, but my mother was less than happy with my junky leanings. So she decided to make better Chinese takeout food at home, which is how this simple broccoli dish came about. It's been a hit ever since. I never order chicken with broccoli at my local takeout anymore. (Chicken wings are a different story.) -Vivian Chan, Recipe Tester
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Trim the broccoli into florets and bite-size (1 1/2-inch) pieces of peeled stem. Add the broccoli to the pot and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Strain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, ginger and jalapeno and cook until the garlic is golden and fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add the broccoli, oyster sauce, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss to coat.
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together oil, oyster sauce and vinegar in a large bowl until evenly combined (the mixture will not emulsify). Add broccoli, sprinkle generously with pepper and toss well to evenly coat the broccoli in the sauce.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring the broccoli halfway through, until tender and beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE
You can find sweet and savory oyster sauce in Asian markets.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Addgarlic and broccoli. Cook, tossing occasionally,until broccoli is bright green, about 3minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, andcook until broccoli is tender but stillhas some bite, about 2 1/2 minutes. Addoyster sauce mixture; cook until thickened,about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 5 g
BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BROCCOLI & OYSTER SAUCE
A convenient and tasty beef dish that can serve, two, four or more
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat a wok until smoking, pour in the oil then add beef. Stir-fry for 2 mins, then tip onto a plate. Add broccoli with a splash of water then cook until broccoli turns bright green.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for 1 min, then add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the oyster sauce and 125ml water. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced to a sticky sauce. Stir in the beef, along with any juices from the plate, then serve straight away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.78 milligram of sodium
STIR-FRIED BROCCOLI WITH CASHEWS & OYSTER SAUCE
Liven up a side dish of broccoli with this simple Chinese dish, full of vitamin C
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Buffet, Dinner, Side dish, Vegetable
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat a little of the oil in a wok and toast the cashew nuts until they start to turn golden. Tip out of the pan, then add the rest of the oil. Stir-fry the broccoli for 2-3 mins until it has turned bright green (it will still be very firm).
- Add a splash of water to the pan, then cover with a lid and steam for about 4 mins or until the stems just give with a knife. Push to the side of the pan, then pour the oyster sauce into the other side. Bring to the boil, then stir into the broccoli. Toss in the cashews and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY WITH OYSTER SAUCE
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Baz231
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat 1 teaspoon of peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornflour with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 1 minute. Add the cornflour liquid and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.8, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 128, Sodium 886.9, Carbohydrate 17.5, Fiber 5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 48.9
EASY BROCCOLINI WITH OYSTER SAUCE
This also works well with Chinese broccoli. I have never made it with regular broccoli or other greens, but it would probably work just as well with them too.
Provided by Maito
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Wash, dry, and cut broccolini into thirds.
- Heat oil over high in a wok or similar type pan.
- Stir fry the stems first for about 3-4 minutes. You may need to turn the heat down to medium high.
- Add the top leaf portion, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Shut off heat and add oyster sauce, stirring to coat. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.3, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 246, Carbohydrate 1, Protein 0.1
More about "broccoli with oyster sauce recipes"
STIR-FRIED BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4/5 (1)Category Side DishesCuisine AsianCalories 120 per serving
EASY BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (38)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side Dish, DinnerCalories 77 per serving
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE (GAI LAN) | RECIPETIN …
GAI LAN RECIPE WITH OYSTER SAUCE (CHINESE BROCCOLI)
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - SOUPER DIARIES
10 BEST SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GINGER SALMON WITH OYSTER SAUCE AND BROCCOLI RECIPE
BRAISED ABALONE AND BROCCOLI IN OYSTER SAUCE - DELIGHTFUL PLATE
HOW TO MAKE BEEF BROCCOLI SAUCE – GALAXY TRAINING
THE EASIEST EVER CHINESE BROCCOLI (GAI LAN) WITH OYSTER SAUCE
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CHINESE BROCCOLI (GAI LAN) WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - THE WOKS OF …
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE (蠔油西蘭花)
CANTONESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE (蚝油芥蓝, GAI LAN)
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE (GAI LAN RECIPE) - HUNGRY HUY
BEST STIR-FRIED CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE AND FRIED GARLIC RECIPE
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE | STIR FRY BROCCOLI AND …
CHINESE-AMERICAN BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE (GAI LAN) - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
BEEF & BROCCOLI WITH MUSHROOMS IN OYSTER SAUCE – …
EASY BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - PANLASANG PINOY …
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITHOUT OYSTER SAUCE RECIPES
BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOM STIR FRY IN OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - DAILY …
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHINESE MEAT SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE (蠔油芥籣) | MADE …
BEEF BROCCOLI RECIPE WITH CARROTS | LUTONILOLA.NET
OYSTER BEEF WITH CHINESE BROCCOLI - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE - OVERSEAS PINOY COOKING
CHINESE BROCCOLI OYSTER SAUCE (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE) - I HEART …
CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - THE BALD CHEF
BROCCOLI RABE WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - AUTHENTIC CHINESE FOOD …
BROCCOLI WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love