A very tasty sausage that is nice to give away in gift baskets. Add or omit spices to suit your taste.
Provided by TGFROST
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, mix beef, curing mixture, mustard seed, garlic powder, cayenne, red pepper flakes, salt, and liquid smoke. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate for three days, mixing well once a day.
- On the fourth day, preheat oven to 200 degrees F (100 degrees C).
- Shape the mixture into five logs, and place on a wire rack over a large drip pan. Bake for eight hours, then remove to cool on paper towels. Let cool, then wrap logs individually in plastic wrap. Chill completely before slicing. They also freeze well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 35.5 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 498.1 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
HOMEMADE SUMMER SAUSAGE
A great but easy recipe to use up extra ground venison, elk, moose or beef. It can be multiplied easily and freezes very well. Serve on crackers with cheese and a great mustard sauce.
Provided by Shannon
Categories Main Dish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and water until well blended. Season with garlic powder, curing mixture, liquid smoke and mustard seed, and mix thoroughly. It is best to use your hands for this - like meatloaf. Form the mixture into two rolls, and wrap with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove foil from the beef, and poke holes in the bottom of the rolls. Place them on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan to catch the drippings.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool, then wrap in plastic or foil, and refrigerate until cold before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.4 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 895.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Mix all ingredients together in glass or plastic bowl.
- DO NOT USE ANY METAL!
- Cover and put in refrigerator.
- Mix each day for 3 days.
- On fourth day, mix and form into 5 logs.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Bake 150F degrees to 160F degrees for 9 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1044.2, Fat 77.8, SaturatedFat 30.9, Cholesterol 313, Sodium 259.3, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.1, Protein 79.3
BEEF SUMMER SAUSAGE
- Mix all ingredients together and form into rolls 2 inches in diameter, about 4 rolls.
- Wrap each roll in aluminum foil and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Place foil wrapped rolls in water.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or bake on a rack in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- When cool, open the foil and drain.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- May be frozen either before or after cooking.
- Great to serve as an appetizer on crackers with a soft cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440.2, Fat 25.1, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 147.4, Sodium 3639.7, Carbohydrate 3.3, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.7, Protein 47.5
More about "buffalo summer sausage recipes"
WHAT IS SUMMER SAUSAGE? RECIPE IDEAS AND MORE
10 BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BISON SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE - TENDERBISON
10 BEST BUFFALO SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
WILD GAME SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE | MEATEATER COOK
SUMMER SAUSAGE CANAPéS – WILD IDEA BUFFALO
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE | HIGH VALLEY FARM
GRANDMOTHERS SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE | JULY | RECIPE SELF
SAUSAGE RECIPE HELP? (BUFFALO SUMMER AND ALLIGATOR)
SUMMER SAUSAGE? | BUSHCRAFT USA FORUMS
EASY BEEF SUMMER SAUSAGE - BE HAPPY AND DO GOOD
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE AND SNACK STIX?? - COOKING AND SHARING …
SUMMER SAUSAGE - BIGOVEN.COM
BUBBA'S HOMEMADE SUMMER SAUSAGE, PERFECTED - RECIPE …
BISON SUMMER SAUSAGE – BUFFALO GAL
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER SAUSAGE: UNLOCKING THE SECRETS OF EASY …
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE 2LBS - WISCONSIN RIVER MEATS
SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
VENISON SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE - OLD SCHOOL STYLE SUMMER …
5 SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPES PERFECT FOR A BACKYARD BBQ
RECIPES - MAJESTIC WATER BUFFALO
AMERICAN GOURMET BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE - SAYERSBROOK BISON …
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER SAUSAGE - HOMEMADE RECIPE & COOKING …
SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE | SWISS MEAT & SAUSAGE CO.
WILD GAME SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUFFALO JERKY, BUFFALO SAUSAGE, BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE
WICHITA BUFFALO COMPANY - BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE
BUFFALO CHICKEN SAUSAGES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOMEMADE BEEF SUMMER SAUSAGE - KITCHEN KUTTINGS
HOMEMADE BEEF SUMMER SAUSAGE - GLENDA EMBREE
BUFFALO / BISON SUMMER SAUSAGE | YANKEE FARMER'S MARKET
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE - TEXASGRASSFEDBEEF.COM
SUMMER SAUSAGES | SAUSAGE, SUMMER SAUSAGE, CAMPING FOOD
BUFFALO SAUSAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEEF SUMMER SAUSAGE - RIPEN UP YOUR LIFE!LIFE'S A TOMATO
BUFFALO SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to do with sausages in the summer?Our sizzling sausage recipes are perfect for summer picnics, barbecues or lazy midweek meals. Tuck into sausage pasta dishes, traybakes, sausage rolls, hot dogs and more. A star rating of 5 out of 5. Light a barbie and grill these sausages with a smoky tomato sauce, perfect for kids and adults alike.
How do you make Italian sausage?While keeping everything ice cold (see methods for fresh sausage), combine the game meat, pork fat, and all of the other ingredients except for the Fermento, water, and casings in a large bowl. Mix to combine with your hands.
How to cook venison summer sausage?Stuff links loosely at first. For a venison summer sausage, you want long links —you’ll tie the ends together eventually. Cut out lengths of casing about 2 feet long, Stuff a little more than 1 foot’s worth, with plenty of extra casing on either side. Do this with all the sausage before moving on.
How to smoke summer sausage in a smoker?Move your venison summer sausage to your smoker and smoke them over very low heat for up to 4 hours of continuous smoke. It is vitally important that you do not cook your links here, so put ice in the water tray of the smoker and smoke on a cold day or in the early morning. Don’t let the smoker rise above 100°F at all.