BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BAKE
Even those who aren't fans of squash enjoy this side dish. Sweet slices of butternut squash are topped with apples covered in a cinnamon-sugar glaze for a quick and easy dinner accompaniment. -Ellie Klopping, Toledo, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. Layer squash and apples in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter. , Bake, covered, until squash and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 36mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges
SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
Apple and squash blend together to make rich and delightful slow-cooked bisque garnished with sour cream.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix all ingredients except sour cream in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 5 hours) or until squash is tender.
- Place one-third to one-half of the mixture at a time in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to cooker.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 minutes or just until soup is hot; stir.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 330 mg
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, and cayenne. Season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add squash, broth, half-and-half, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt. Serve bisque with sour cream, garnished with cayenne, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the butter and oil under tender.
- Mix the carrots and squash into the pot. Pour in vegetable stock, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup mixture until smooth. Return to the pot, and stir in the heavy cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve warm with a dash of nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.8 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 48.4 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 820.1 mg, Sugar 5 g
CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
This is the most requested recipe I make, it is the perfect fall and winter soup. Warning: Don't make it for Thanksgiving as people will fill up on it and be unable to eat the rest of the meal!
Provided by Gregg Bracke
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash onto a baking sheet cut-side down.
- Bake squash in preheated oven until the skin loosens from the flesh, about 40 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a 5-quart stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vegetable stock, curry sauce, and apples to the stockpot; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cut squash into 1-inch cubes; add to the stockpot. Bring the mixture again to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook, stirring once every 15 minutes, until the squash is tender and breaks apart easily when stirred, about 2 hours.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup with an immersion blender until completely pureed. Pour coconut cream into the soup; continue blending until creamy. Top each serving with toasted pine nuts and a couple of leaves of cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.7 calories, Carbohydrate 61.8 g, Fat 40.6 g, Fiber 15.6 g, Protein 10.4 g, SaturatedFat 31.4 g, Sodium 584.1 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
APPLE-BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add squash, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add apples, salt, cumin, coriander, ginger, cayenne, black pepper, stock, and the water (just enough to cover). Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until vegetables are very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth, and return to saucepan. Heat over low, thinning with more water if necessary. To serve, ladle into shallow bowls; garnish with diced apples, jalapeno slices, and sour cream if desired.
WILLIAMS-SONOMA WINTER SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
- Peel and seed the butternut squash and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Saute the onion and shallots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apples and squash and cook until nicely coated, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add the stock and rosemary and bring to a simmer. Add the thyme.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Using a hand-held or standing blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the half-and-half and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat gently over medium-low heat.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish with the sour cream, using a fork to swirl a zig-zagged pattern.
- [you can garnish with leaves of rosemary and thyme].
SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
A delicious crockpot soup, which can be served warm or chilled. Adapted from Betty Crocker's "Slow Cooker" cookbook. Cooking times vary depending on whether you cook the soup on a low or on a high setting: 8-10 hours on low; or 3-5 on high. I posted this recipe for safe-keeping before I'd made it; and I have since made it with a few changes. See notes below.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all ingredients except the sour cream in a 31/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heating 8 to 10 hours (or on a high heat setting for 3 to 5 hours) or until squash is tender.
- Place one third to one half of the mixture at a time in a blender or food processor, cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the sour cream. Cover and cook on a low heat setting for 15 minutes or until the soup is hot. Stir.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream or unflavoured natural yoghurt (preferably Greek yoghurt), and swirl it into the soup with the tip of a knife.
- For crunch and colour, sprinkle with poppy seeds or chopped pecans.
- If serving chilled: garnish with thin slices of Granny Smith apples and a sprinkling of finely chopped crystalised ginger.
- Chef's Notes: I made this with butternut pumpkin rather than squash, simply because that's what was available. To simplify the preparation stage, I wrapped the two halves of the butternut pumpkin I'd bought in foil and steamed them in a low oven for about an hour. The pumpkin was then easy to scoop out, and I chopped it roughly with a large spoon after I'd put it in the crockpot. I used three onions, roughly chopped, and two leeks, and instead of apple sauce, I used 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped. I also did the blending with an immersion blender. I simply removed half of the soup into a bowl, and blended each half, then returned what I'd removed to the crockpot. It smelt delicious while it was cooking, and tasted great.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.6, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 14.9, Sodium 289.1, Carbohydrate 32.2, Fiber 4, Sugar 4.9, Protein 3.5
APPLE AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE
- Combine squash, apples, onion, rosemary, marjoram, salt, sugar, pepper and stock in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain squash and apples from soup, puree in electric blender and return to soup.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan.
- Add flour, mix well and pour soup through a strainer over the flour mixture, a little at a time.
- Stir well with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir half-and-half into soup and heat through but do not boil.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-heat. Add all vegetables. Saute until all veggies soften, 10 min. Mix in apple and allspice. Add 3 1/2 cups broth and cider. Bring to boil. Simmer covered until veggies are tender, 30 min. Puree soup in batches in blender. Run through Chinoise. Return to pot. Add 1/2 cup cream to soup. Bring to simmer. Thin with broth if too thick. Season with salt and pepper. Put in bowls. Drizzle with 1/2 cup cream and sprinkle with parsley.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add all vegetables. Sauté until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Mix in apple and allspice. Add 3½ cups broth and cider; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Puree soup in batches in blender; return to pot. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, Cover, and chill. Add ½ cup cream; bring to simmer. Thin with broth if thick. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowl. Drizzle with ½ cup cream; sprinkle with parsley.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the squash, onion, carrot, and celery and saute until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the apple, allspice, broth and cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. In a blender, puree the soup, in batches if necessary. Return soup to the pot. Add 1/2 c cream and bring to a simmer. Thin soup with additional broth, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, then drizzle with cream. Garnish with parsley.
More about "butternut squash and apple bisque recipes"
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE SOUP | RECIPES
- Warm the butter and olive oil in a large stockpot over low heat. Add the onions and curry powder and cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the onions are tender. Stir occasionally, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Peel the squash, cut in half, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into chunks. Peel, quarter, and core the apples. Cut into chunks.
- Add the squash, apples, salt, pepper, and 2 cups of water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until the squash and apples are very soft. Process the soup through a food mill fitted with a large blade, or puree it coarsely in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pour the soup back into the pot. Add the apple juice and enough water to make the soup the consistency you like; it should be slightly sweet and quite thick. Check the salt and pepper and serve hot.
BUTTERNUT AND APPLE BISQUE - EARTHBOUND FARM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
HARVEST BUTTERNUT APPLE BISQUE - THE KITCHEN MCCABE
See details »
BUTTERNUT BISQUE WITH APPLE AND SAGE - SENSE & EDIBILITY
Ratings 1Category MainsCuisine VegetarianTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Sweat the vegetables for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are glossy and soft.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, stir as best you can, and bring the soup up to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then allow the soup to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 1Calories 140 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Divide apples, squash (cut sides up), and onion between two 15 1/2- by 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pans or shallow large roasting pans; drizzle with oil.
SIMPLE 5-INGREDIENT BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BISQUE SOUP ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 11 minsCategory SoupCalories 115 per serving
- To make the Simple 5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Apple Bisque: Place the butternut squash, apple, onion, rosemary, and sage in a large baking pan. Add enough water to come 2/3 of the way up the sides of the pan. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until the squash is completely tender. Remove from the oven. Add the salt and pepper and let cool at least 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer the roasted squash mixture to a high-speed blender. Add hot water, as needed, to reach a smooth, pourable consistency. Taste to adjust seasoning.
APPLE BUTTERNUT BISQUE - GARLIC & ZEST
3.4/5 (18)Total Time 40 minsCategory SoupCalories 202 per serving
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced apple, onion, carrots and kosher salt. Saute until softened and onions are slightly translucent (do not brown, adjust heat lower if vegetables start to take on color). Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for an additional minute or so until very fragrant.
- Add the roasted squash and chicken broth. Heat just to boiling, then reduce heat to low and cover with the lid slightly askew. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. If soup is too thick, add additional broth about half a cup at a time. Return the soup to the dutch oven, and add the cream and Calvados. Heat the soup over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it's hot. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve.
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE | WHOLEFULLY
Reviews 14Category Soups & StewsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic, onion, ginger and carrots and cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until all vegetables are very soft.
- Remove from heat, puree in batches in a blender or puree using an immersion blender. Test for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
INSTANT POT BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory SoupTotal Time 22 mins
- Put broth, squash, onion, apple and spices into Instant Pot. Set on manual for 15 minutes; then allow to natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, transfer contents in batches to your blender. Do not overfill blender; mixture will be hot and will expand
- Stir butter and milk into soup until incorporated. Can serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE - THE FRIENDLY FEAST
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
KHORESH KADOO HALVAII (BUTTERNUT SQUASH STEW) RECIPE - NYT ...
4/5 (33)Total Time 1 hrServings 4 See details »
HEALTHY BUTTERNUT SQUASH & APPLE BISQUE — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
APPLE AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
5/5 (1) See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE | VITAMIX
Calories 220Serving Size 1 serving (548 g)Saturated Fat 1gTotal Fat 9g See details »
SQUASH APPLE BISQUE | SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE RECIPE ...
See details »
SPICED PUMPKIN AND HONEYNUT SQUASH BISQUE
See details »
You'll also love