BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH PASTA AND SAGE RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 375 F. Peel and halve the squash, scoop out the seeds, and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the squash, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and oil on a large rimmed sheet pan. Toss to coat. Spread evenly on the pan. Roast until tender and brown in places, turning about halfway through roasting time, 40 to 45 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the sage leaves and cook until the butter begins to brown and the leaves crisp. Remove the leaves with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined-plate. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and continue cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat. Crumble the sage leaves over the mixture. Add the butternut squash and onions. Return to medium-low heat and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until pasta and squash are warmed through.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with more Parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 756 kcal, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 129 mg, Fiber 9 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 32 g, Sodium 1137 mg, Sugar 10 g, Fat 60 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FRIED SAGE PASTA
- Cook penne as directed on package. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry sage, turning once, until crisp on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft and golden, about 3 minutes. Add squash, 3/4 cup water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash softens, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot and add squash mixture; stir over low heat, adding some reserved cooking water if necessary, until pasta is coated, about 1 minute. Serve, garnished with cheese and sage.
PASTA WITH ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAGE
- Dice the squash into half-inch cubes, and toss with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 350°, and roast the squash until soft.
- Roasting time will vary from 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the age of the squash.
- Remove from the oven and toss the squash with the chopped sage to infuse the flavor.
- Let cool.
- In a hot skillet, toast the breadcrumbs.
- (If desired, sauté a little garlic in oil until brown, then add the breadcrumbs and continue toasting.) In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is al dente (meaning it has a bit of resistance when bitten into).
- Drain the pasta, then toss with the squash, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- (If the pasta seems too dry, toss with a little chicken or vegetable stock, or a bit of the pasta water.) Garnish with fried sage leaves and Parmesan cheese shavings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 643.4, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 2.2, Sodium 156.5, Carbohydrate 135.3, Fiber 11.5, Sugar 10.4, Protein 21.1
PASTA PAN-FRIED WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH, FRIED SAGE, AND PINE NUTS
A recipe I have not tried yet but want to try that came from thekitchn.com. I love butternut squash and fresh sage, so think it will be delicious. The high quality parmesan cheese needs to be shredded or shaved.
Provided by WiGal
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 375°.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the strings and seeds the middle cavity.
- Flip the squash halves upside down and peel them.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss with the onion, garlic, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Mince about half of the fresh sage leaves and also toss with the squash.
- Spread the squash mixture in a thin layer on a large baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Heat salted pasta water to boiling and cook the farfalle until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- As the squash finishes roasting, heat about two tablespoons of olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan.
- The oil is ready when it pops and sputters. (Don't let it start smoking.)
- Drop in the rest of the sage leaves and fry for about a minute, or until they begin to just shrivel up.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and salt lightly.
- Crush with the back of a spoon.
- Add half the pasta to the pan, along with half the roasted squash mixture. Crumble in half the sage.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes or until the pasta is heated through and getting crispy on some of the edges.
- Add the pine nuts and cook for another minute.
- Stir in half the cheese and serve.
- (Repeat the last step with the rest of the ingredients. The originator of the recipe also wrote--We split it into two because none of our pans are big enough to accommodate the entire recipe. It's very important that you not crowd the pan too much - you want the pasta to really pan-fry, not just steam up.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898.8, Fat 33.2, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 22, Sodium 402.2, Carbohydrate 125, Fiber 10.6, Sugar 11.2, Protein 31.1
PASTA WITH ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a roasting pan with the olive oil. Place the squash and onion in the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey sausage until evenly brown. Transfer the cooked squash and onion and the cooked pasta to the skillet. Gradually pour in the cream. Season with sage. Continue cooking until heated through. Mix in garlic. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with balsamic vinegar to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.5 calories, Carbohydrate 57.2 g, Cholesterol 63.2 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 20.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 484.4 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE AND WALNUTS
Butternut squash gets roasted, puréed, then tossed with Parmesan to make this nutty, creamy pasta sauce. Each serving is topped with crispy fried sage leaves, a hint of lemon zest, and toasted walnuts, adding a crunchy contrast to the squash. Feel free to forgo wrestling with a giant squash and use a package of cubed precut squash instead.
Provided by Lidey Heuck
Categories dinner, pastas, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the squash and garlic on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss well and roast until the squash is very tender, 30 to 35 minutes, tossing twice throughout. While the squash roasts, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium. When the oil is hot, add the sage and cook, tossing often, until the leaves begin to crisp, about 1 minute. Add the walnuts and a generous sprinkle of salt and cook, tossing often, until the sage leaves are lightly browned and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sage and nuts to a paper towel-lined plate and wipe out the skillet. Let the mixture drain for 1 minute, then add it to a small bowl with the lemon zest; toss lightly and set aside.
- Working in batches if necessary, transfer the roasted squash and garlic to a blender or food processor, along with 1 cup stock, and blend until smooth and thick. The consistency should be somewhere between a purée and a thick soup. Add more stock as needed, if it seems too thick.
- Transfer the puréed squash to the reserved skillet and keep warm over very low heat. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water, along with 1 tablespoon salt, and cook until al dente. Just before draining, ladle 1/2 cup pasta water into a measuring cup and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss to coat the pasta evenly, then, off the heat, add the 1/2 cup Parmesan and toss until the cheese is incorporated. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water if the sauce seems too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among shallow bowls and sprinkle the sage, walnut and lemon zest mixture on top, and serve with extra Parmesan on the side.
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and saute until fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic, sage, and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Fold in cream and spinach; bring to a simmer. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add ziti and toss until evenly coated. Cook until sauce has thickened, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide between 8 bowls. Top with walnuts and more Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.5 calories, Carbohydrate 48.7 g, Cholesterol 63.3 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 63.2 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
PASTA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAGE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the squash on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large ovenproof pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain again.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pasta back in the pot and add the squash, butter, chicken broth, 2 tablespoons of the sage, 2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Toss to mix well. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining 2 teaspoons sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pasta. Bake for 15 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 687, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 128 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 993 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "butternut squash and fried sage pasta recipes"
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH FRIED SAGE - WORTHY FLAVORS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FRIED SAGE PASTA RECIPE | SELF
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secsAuthor Kerri ConanCalories 337 per serving
CREAMY (VEGAN!) BUTTERNUT SQUASH LINGUINE WITH FRIED SAGE
4.6/5 (161)Total Time 55 minsCategory EntreeCalories 380 per serving
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the sage and toss to coat. Let the sage get crispy before transferring it to a small bowl. Sprinkle it lightly with salt and set the bowl aside.
- Add the squash, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the squash is soft and the liquid is reduced by half, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- Once the squash mixture is done cooking, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly. Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender, but keep the skillet handy. Purée the mixture until smooth (beware of hot steam escaping from the top of the blender), then season with salt and pepper until the flavors sing.
ACORN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
15 BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH, PANCETTA & SAGE PASTA - ITALIAN FOOD …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAGE PASTA - CASHEWS & QUINOA
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & SAGE SPAGHETTI WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE (HEALTHY
SPIRALIZED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH FRIED SAGE - FULL PLATE NUTRITION
BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRITTATA WITH FRIED SAGE - COOKIE AND KATE
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH LINGUINE WITH FRIED SAGE - FRESHFARM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND GORGONZOLA RIGATONI PASTA PIE WITH …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA SAUCE WITH FRIED SAGE AND WALNUTS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH THYME AND FRIED SAGE - MN …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BROWN BUTTER BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE - UPBEET ANISHA
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FRIED SAGE PASTA - SIDE DISH RECIPES
CREAMY VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH FRIED SAGE
EASY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & SAGE PASTA | HEALTHY MAMA KRIS
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH LINGUINE FRIED SAGE RECIPE
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH BROWN BUTTER SAGE FRIED EGGS ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPAGHETTI WITH FRIED SAGE AND PANCETTA
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH “PASTA” WITH GOAT CHEESE AND FRIED …
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPAGHETTI WITH FRIED SAGE AND WALNUTS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, SAUSAGE AND FRIED SAGE PASTA
BAKED PASTA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAGE - JILL'S TABLE
ONE POT BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
FRIED SAGE BUTTERNUT SQUASH TOSSED IN BROWN BUTTER
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FRIED SAGE PASTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
CREAMY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAGE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE - BBC
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND FRIED SAGE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH CRISPY SAGE - WHO NEEDS SALAD?
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH FRIED SAGE AND HAZELNUTS
You'll also love