BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP
This creamy carrot squash soup is a wonderful side dish option (that's healthy!) for your family to help load up on veggies. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds for texture contrast and to make each bowl of the butternut squash and carrot soup look gourmet.
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large covered saucepan cook squash, carrots, and leek in hot butter over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Place one-third of the squash mixture in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth. Repeat with remaining squash mixture. Return all of the mixture to saucepan. Add white pepper and nutmeg; bring just to boiling. Add half-and-half; heat through. If desired, garnish each serving with crème fraîche, pumpkin seeds, and/or fresh tarragon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 364 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 3 g, UnsaturatedFat 1 g
CARROT AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
Carrot and butternut squash soup is an easy recipe that the whole family will love. It's nutritious and ready in just 40 mins!
Provided by Jessica Dady
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Starter
Yield Serves: 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pan, fry the onions in oil until translucent and soft. Add squash and carrots and stir, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add thyme and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over stock and bring to boil. Allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Using a hand blender or a liquidiser, blend to a smooth soup. If too thick, add a little more stock until desired consistency is achieved.
- Divide soup into bowls and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context https, Calories 184 Kcal, Sugar 16.7 g, Fat 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 0.99 g, Protein 3.8 g, Carbohydrate 24.3 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP
I got this golden soup recipe from a friend. Sometimes I add a few slices of red pepper to change up the flavor a bit. -Pat Roberts, Thornton, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic and ginger until tender, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker., Add all remaining ingredients except cream and green onions. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are soft, 7-9 hours., Puree soup using an immersion blender, or cool slightly and, in batches, puree in a blender and return to slow cooker. Stir in cream; heat through. If desired, top with green onions. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or milk if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 695mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BUTTERNUT SQUASH-CARROT SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add shallots, carrots, garlic, and ginger. Saute until shallots are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add squash, chicken broth, curry powder, honey, white pepper, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Cook another 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 6.1 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 1204.7 mg, Sugar 22.5 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT CURRY SOUP
You can't go wrong with a butternut squash soup, but this one has a subtlety of flavors that is positively gourmet. And with the incredibly easy preparation and ingredients this will be a staple of your winter-time dinner parties or even just a quick after-work meal. It's also easy to make vegetarian with the replacement of vegetable broth.
Provided by OwlMonkey
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onions, stir to coat. Add thinly sliced carrots and cook for 3 minutes, or until they start to get soft.
- Add squash. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until squash is soft and tender. After a few minutes, add salt to taste and the curry powder.
- Pour in wine if using. Let cook for 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 1 hour. After 1 hour, taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat.
- Puree soup using a blender. Return to soup pot and bring to a simmer.
- If you use decide to add cream you'll want to "float" it on top of the soup by first pouring it into a teaspoon and then carefully dripping it over the top. To make a lovely design, drip a few small parallel lines over the top, take a spoon and swirl through them in a semi-circle around the bowl. It looks something like a leaf pattern. Not as difficult as it sounds; it just takes a little practice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.3, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 1.7, Sodium 797, Carbohydrate 19, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 5.7, Protein 6.7
SPICY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP
This butternut squash and carrot soup is by far one of the best soups I've made and I constantly find myself making it over and over again! It's savory and goes great with toasted bread.
Provided by AriannaHajnal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place squash and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add curry powder, chili powder, pepper, and salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion, habanero pepper, and garlic in a pot with remaining olive oil and saute over medium heat until soft and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Add water and bouillon, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Stir in roasted squash and carrots, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer carefully to an electric blender or food processor, in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 687.7 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
More about "butternut squash carrot soup recipes"
CARROT, BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CORIANDER SOUP RECIPE
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - DHERBS, INC.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE » LEELALICIOUS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S …
SAVORY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE - THE …
Ratings 55Calories 193 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Soup
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT AND APPLE SOUP RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SWEET POTATO CARROT SOUP - DELIGHTFUL ADVENTURES
INSTANT POT CURRIED CARROT & BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GINGER CARROT SOUP - FARMERS TO YOU
HEALTHY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE WITH CARROTS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT CREAM SOUP - SO DELICIOUS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CARROT & GINGER - VEGAN ON BOARD
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & CARROT SOUP - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - NOW YOU'RE COOKING
RECIPE: BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP – MESS IN THE KITCHEN
10 BEST CARROT LEEK AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP - SALT & LAVENDER
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - BARBARAS FOOD CRAVINGS
SIMPLE BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP - TARA TEASPOON
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT AND GINGER SOUP - THROUGHTHEFIBROFOG
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE (WITH GINGER AND …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP – A FALL CLASSIC
CARROT AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - TASTING WITH TINA
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE - LIFE SEW SAVORY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - CELEBRATING SWEETS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT, AND COCONUT SOUP - FOR THE LOVE OF …
10 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH PARSNIP CARROT SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT AND APPLE SOUP - KRISTY PAPAS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
CARROT AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - RECIPE GIRL
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - #FOODBYJONISTER
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT, AND GINGER SOUP
BUTTERNUT CARROT SOUP: CREAMY, AROMATIC WINTER WARMER FOR THE FAMILY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - WHAT LUNITA LOVES
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP - EATING WITH HEART
ROASTED CARROT & BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - COOKING CIRCLE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT GINGER SOUP - SHE'S NOT COOKIN'
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook squash and carrots for Soup?Add squash and carrots and stir, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add thyme and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over stock and bring to boil. Allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
What is butternut squash soup?This autumnal soup, the chef’s third Slow Food Fast recipe, is both celebratory and soothing. Butternut squash is the star, and it cooks down with just enough stock to soften without losing flavor. A touch of brown sugar highlights the squash’s natural sweetness. Puréed with a little butter, the result is pure velvet.
Can you freeze butternut squash and carrot soup?Puree soup using an immersion blender, or cool slightly and, in batches, puree in a blender and return to slow cooker. Stir in cream; heat through. If desired, top with green onions. Can you freeze Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup? Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight.
What is the best way to make carrot and onion soup?Gather the ingredients. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the diced onion and minced garlic in the olive oil until the onion turns soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sliced carrots and celery and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.