PERFECT BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFINS
Similar to pumpkin muffins, these are a great way to use up butternut squash and are not too high in sugar. Even my picky husband enjoys these! Feel free to play around with the spice amounts to your liking.
Provided by cezeigler
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 20 muffin cups.
- Cut a 1/2-inch hole into the larger part of the squash and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Cook squash in a microwave oven in 3-minute increments, turning slightly after each increment, until squash can be easily pierced with a fork, 9 to 12 minutes. Set aside until cool to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Measure 1 1/2 cups squash into a large bowl. Mash eggs, water, vegetable oil, white sugar, and brown sugar into the squash. Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and pumpkin pie spice into the squash mixture until you have a smooth batter. Fold raisins and walnuts into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.7 calories, Carbohydrate 63.9 g, Cholesterol 49.1 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 406.4 mg, Sugar 25.7 g
This is a great recipe for a delicious fall muffin. The nutmeg and cinnamon are so delicious and add a lot of flavor!-Salem Cross Inn, , West Brookfield, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the eggs, squash and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 74mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
These are the fluffiest most delicious cake-like muffins! It's so rewarding to start with raw squash and end up with such a sumptuous treat. My children absolutely devour these - a batch will disappear in a day. A must try!
Provided by hollyberry
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 24 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees F. Cut a butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on parchment paper over a cookie sheet and roast for 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scoop the squash away from the peel. Mash. Use 2 1/2 cups. This time is not included in the prep time.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a stand mixer, blend thoroughly the squash, shortening, margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir just until blended. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the chocolate chips (if desired).
- Line 24 muffin cups. Scoop the batter into the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.1, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 292.7, Carbohydrate 26.7, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 13.2, Protein 2.3
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins with low-fat cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- In medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Put into muffin tins .
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
More about "butternut squash chocolate chip muffins recipes"
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SQUASH MUFFINS - GRACEFUL LITTLE …
4/5 (6)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 247 per serving
CHOCOLATE SQUASH MUFFINS - THE LEAN GREEN BEAN
5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 10Total Time 25 mins
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS (WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH) - THE ...
4.6/5 (14)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 181 per serving
- Combine all ingredients (expect chocolate chips, if using) in a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a spoon or small measuring cup, portion out the batter between the 12 lined muffin tin holes. Top with more chocolate chips, if desired
HEALTHY BUTTERNUT SQUASH MINI MUFFINS WITH DARK …
5/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 15 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Spray mini muffin pan with coconut oil cooking spray or line with mini liners.
- Add Spelt Flour (3/4 cup), Whole Wheat Flour (3/4 cup), Pumpkin Pie Spice (1 tablespoon), Baking Soda (1 teaspoon), Baking Powder (1/4 teaspoon), and Salt (1/2 teaspoon) to medium bowl, whisk until combined.
- Add Organic Egg (2), Raw Honey (1/4 cup) and Brown Sugar (1/4 cup), stir to mix, then add Butter (1/3 cup) and continue stirring until combined.
- Stir inButternut Squash (3/4 cup) and Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (1/4 cup), then fold in Dark Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup), batter should be fairly thick.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFIN RECIPE | RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 351 per serving
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - TALL, MOIST, FLAVORFUL ...
Reviews 2Total Time 1 hr 36 mins
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS WITH …
Reviews 14Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFIN RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN
HONEY SWEETENED, BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP …
HEALTHY BUTTERNUT SQUASH MINI MUFFINS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE ...
5/5 Total Time 35 minsCategory Breakfast/Snack/DessertCalories 70 per serving
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS – KINTHEKITCHEN
Servings 24Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS – SUN POTION
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHILI • KROLL'S KORNER
YELLOW SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CROQUETTES - SECRETRECIPENOTEBOOK.COM
AUTUMN RECIPE | CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS – LEMON ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS | CHOCOLATE ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - YOUTUBE
FALL FOR THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP, BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFINS ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #breakfast #lunch #snacks #easy #chocolate #grains #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make spiced butternut squash muffins?Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, egg and butter.
Why are healthy chocolate muffins with butternut squash nut free?Which is why Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with butternut squash) happen to be nut-free Fun Fact: Did you know that when you combine sunflower seed butter (the base for this recipe) with baking soda, it turns GREEN when baked. This is because sunflower seeds contain chlorophyll (or chlorogenic acid).
How long to cook butternut squash in microwave?Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 20 muffin cups. Cut a 1/2-inch hole into the larger part of the squash and cover with a damp paper towel. Cook squash in a microwave oven in 3-minute increments, turning slightly after each increment, until squash can be easily pierced with a fork, 9 to 12 minutes.
What kind of glaze for butternut squash muffins?Fluffy butternut squash muffins infused with homemade chai spices, then topped with a simple salted honey glaze that truly takes these to the next level. These fall inspired freezer-friendly muffins have hints of caramel flavor thanks to a touch of brown butter.