- Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of the salt in a large saucepan. Add water to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil over high. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium-high. Add the potatoes; cook stirring occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes, parsley, chives, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
CHEESE AND POTATO RISSOLES
These rissoles are something we used to have with our chips from the local fish and chip shop when we lived in south Wales. As they are unheard of in Canada, I thought I would share the recipe for others to experience great Welsh comfort food.
Provided by Louise Honey-Jones
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and mash in the bottom of the pot until no lumps remain.
- Put pot over low heat. Stir butter into the mashed potatoes; cook, stirring constantly, until the butter has melted and the potatoes are no longer moist. Spread potatoes into the bottom of a wide bowl and refrigerate until cooled completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks into cooled potatoes; season with salt and white pepper. Stir Cheddar cheese and diced onion into the potatoes. Shape potato mixture into tennis ball-sized spheres, arrange into a baking dish, and refrigerate until chilled completely through, at least 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl. Spread flour and bread crumbs into two separate wide bowls.
- Gently roll potato balls in flour to coat and shake to remove excess flour. Dip each into the beaten egg, turning to coat. Press each egg-coated ball into bread crumbs, again turning to coat on all sides. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the breaded balls onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep-fry potato balls in batches in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add more oil and return to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) between batches. Drain fried balls on a plate lined with paper towel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 203.6 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 11.7 g, Sodium 321.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well together with your hands.
- If the mix is too wet add breadcrumbs.
- Roll into small balls (about the size of golfballs) and flatten slightly.
- Place small amount of oil in a frypan on medium heat.
- Fry until brown and firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.4, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 53.7, Sodium 133.1, Carbohydrate 90.7, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 62.1, Protein 2.8
Risoles are pancakes that are stuffed with chicken, meat, or vegetables. They are then breaded and fried or oven-baked.
Provided by Renards Gourmets
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and cover with water. It must be completely submerged.
- Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, or until cooked through.
- When completely cooked, remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and fry, stirring very frequently, until it becomes tender.
- Add the garlic and the potato.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the carrots and green beans and mix well.
- Cook until the potato and carrot become soft but not mushy.
- Finely shred the cooled chicken and add to the vegetables.
- Add the flour and sauté over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, nutmeg, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well then taste. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Add the parsley and mix.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour in the eggs and beat until frothy. Add salt and sugar and beat again for 15 seconds.
- Add a quarter of the flour and a quarter of the milk. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add another quarter of the flour and another quarter of the milk and beat again for 1 minute.
- Repeat adding the other two quarters of flour and milk and mixing them together, until you are finished.
- Add the melted butter and beat for 1 minute or until the lumps are completely gone.
- Filter the batter using a fine mesh strainer.
- Making the pancakes
- Heat an 8-inch (20cm) diameter crepe maker or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush the entire surface, including the edges, with oil.
- Heat again for 1 minute to warm the oil.
- Remove the crepe maker or skillet from the heat and take a small ladle (about 4 tablespoons) of batter.
- Pour onto the crepe maker and spread thinly using a pancake spreader or by quickly tilting the crepe maker or skillet.
- Place the crepe maker back on the heat. Cook over medium heat until the edges of the pancake curl.
- At this point, when you shake the crepe maker, the pancake should come away cleanly.
- Using a large spatula, flip the pancake and cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Remove the pancake from the heat and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the pancake to separate it from the next one; in this way, they will not stick to each other.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Place a pancake on a flat surface.
- Place about 1½ tablespoons of filling about an inch (3 cm) from the bottom edge of the pancake.
- Form the filling into a rectangular shape.
- Fold the bottom pancake over the filling.
- Fold the left side of the pancake over the filling.
- Fold the right side of the pancake over the filling.
- Finally roll up into a cigar shape.
- Repeat until all the pancakes and filling are used up.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a large dish.
- Pour a large quantity of oil into a large saucepan, and bring it to a temperature of 340 F (170 ° C).
- Dip the risoles in the beaten eggs to cover the entire surface.
- Shake off the excess egg, then roll the risoles in the breadcrumbs.
- Shake off excess breadcrumbs before immersing risoles in hot oil.
- Fry the risoles on one side until they are a golden color, then turn over to fry on the other side.
- Remove the risoles from the oil with a skimmer, and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Do not overload the pan with risoles as this will make them too fatty.
- Serve the risoles hot with balado or sambal, and / or chili peppers.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 risole, Calories 192 kcal, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Sodium 346 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g
I love rissoles, they're easy to make and taste great. And you can pretty much put whatever you want into them!! After much trial and using my family as guinea pigs, I have come up with our family favourite rissole recipe. I hope you like it too :).
Provided by ByNDii
Yield 12 rissoles, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the entire lot in a mixing bowl, making sure that it's all very well combined.
- Form into little meat patties with your hands, mine are usually about half the size of the palm of my hand and 3cm in height.
- Put a splash of oil of your choice into a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Place the rissoles on the frying pan and cook for about 8minutes each side.
- Serve with mashed potato, perhaps grated cheese, vegies, a nice Supreme flavoured gravy goes rather nicely as well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.5, Fat 26.4, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 141.7, Sodium 539.8, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 7.2, Protein 24.5
More about "byndiis rissoles recipes"
RISSOLES (BRAZILIAN RISOLES): CRISPY & GOOEY - EASY AND DELISH
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 229 per serving
- In a medium, non-stick saucepan, add the milk, salt and pepper, olive oil, and bouillon, and then bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir every once in a while. When the milk mixture is hot, add the sifted flour all at once while stirring very well. It will get more and more difficult to stir! But continue to stir vigorously for about 1 minute or so until obtaining a lumpy dough.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dough to an electric mixer fitted with a hook attachment. Knead the dough at speed "2" for about 2-3 minutes or until it becomes soft and smooth. If you don't have a mixer with a hook attachment, let the dough cool enough to handle and knead by hand very well.
- Scrape dough from mixing bowl and place on a floured surface. Knead a little bit more by hand. Roll out dough with a rolling pin until flat (about 1/8-inch thick). Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass, cut out flat disks from the dough (about 2 ½ - 3- inch diameter each) and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes at room temperature.
6 TASTY MINCE RISSOLE RECIPES WITH A TWIST - STEAK …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MATT PRESTON’S WORLD’S BEST RISSOLES - ROBBY DOG COOKS
BEEF & VEGETABLE RISSOLE RECIPE (OVEN BAKED) - MY KIDS …
14 EASY RISSOLE RECIPES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
RISSOLES!! | RECIPETIN EATS
ITALIAN RISSOLES RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
PRAWN RISSOIS – GOAN FOOD RECIPES
WENDYL NISSEN’S CRISP RISSOLES RECIPE | FOOD TO LOVE
OLD-FASHIONED RISSOLES WITH GRAVY - FOOD TO LOVE
HOMEMADE BEEF RISSOLES - THE ORGANISED HOUSEWIFE
POTATOES RISSOLE - SOUTHERN BOY DISHES
BEEF RISSOLES RECIPE | ZARNAK SIDHWA | MASALA TV
MEAT RISSOLES | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
SHRIMP RISSOLES | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CLASSIC BEEF RISSOLES - VJ COOKS
RISSOLES - ALL DOWN UNDER
CHEESY BEEF RISSOLES RECIPE | YOUR ULTIMATE MENU
BIRDSEYE SAVOURY RISSOLES RECIPE
MAURITIAN BEEF RISSOLES RECIPE - RHUBARB AND WREN
EASY CHICKEN RISSOLES - CREATE BAKE MAKE EASY FAMILY RECIPES
BEST EVER BEEF RISSOLE RECIPE - FRUGAL AND THRIVING
BEEF RISSOLES RECIPES - SIMPLE HOME EDIT
THE BEST BEEF AND VEGETABLE RISSOLES RECIPE
RISSOLES - CRAVING HOME COOKED
RISSóIS DE CAMARãO - TRADITIONAL PORTUGUESE RECIPE | 196 …
CHICKEN RISSOLES - YUMMY BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN BITES
THAI BEEF RISSOLES - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
BEEF AND POTATO RISSOLES RECIPE | WHAT ARE RISSOLES?
RISSOLES - JULIE GOODWIN
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN RISSOLES WITH SHALLOTS, LEMONGRASS AND GARLIC
BEST MEAT RISSOLES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BEEF AND BACON RISSOLES - CLAIRE K CREATIONS
BASIC BEEF RISSOLES - SOFIE VAN KEMPEN
RISSOLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DAISY LOST IN THE CORNFIELD AND GRANDMA’S RISSOLE RECIPE,
RISSOLES RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
MUM'S RISSOLES - LITTLE BIG H
RISSOLES WITH ONION GRAVY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
You'll also love