CABBAGE, TOMATO AND ONION SALAD
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, tomatoes, onion, chiles, salt, sugar and peanut powder until evenly combined.
- In a small saute pan, heat the clarified butter over medium heat. Add the cumin and stir until toasted. Remove from heat, pour over the salad mixture and gently mix together. Chill until serving, and serve garnished with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.6 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 8.2 mg, Fat 4 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 22.1 mg, Sugar 8.7 g
TANGY CARROT, RED CABBAGE & ONION SALAD
- Tip the carrots, cabbage and onions into a bowl. Make the dressing by stirring the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over salad, tossing the vegetables in the dressing. Add the herbs, toss again, then scatter over the peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.08 milligram of sodium
ITALIAN CABBAGE SALAD
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper together until emulsified.
- Toss cabbage and red onion together in a salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate salad 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.5 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 608.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
ROASTED CABBAGE & ONIONS
I roast veggies to bring out their sweetness, and it works wonders with onions and cabbage. The piquant vinegar-mustard sauce makes this dish similar to a slaw. -Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan, spreading evenly. Roast until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway., Transfer cabbage mixture to a large bowl. Add chives and tarragon; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 636mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CABBAGE TOSSED SALAD
This salad is a fun and interesting cross between a green salad and a coleslaw with a tangy dressing.-Marilyn Katcsmorak, Pleasanton, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cabbage, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
CABBAGE AND ONION SALAD
I have had this recipe at many church functions and cookouts. This particular recipe is from my "Farm Journals Country Cookbook", originally published in 1958. This is from the 1972 edition. If using green cabbage, use white onions and if using white cabbage, use red onions. Cooking time is the chill time. It is very good. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by Bobtail
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Alternate layering cabbage and onions in a bowl, with onions for the top layer.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, salt, celery seeds, mustard and pepper in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add salad oil.
- Drip hot mixture over the cabbage and onions, do not stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
More about "cabbage and onion salad recipes"
CABBAGE PEPPER SALAD - OLGA IN THE KITCHEN
Ratings 2Servings 8Cuisine UkrainianCategory Salads
- Wash and paper towel pat dry your veggies. Into a large bowl, thinly shred 1 green cabbage onto benriner mandolin (adjust to 1-2mm thickness). Insert coarse blade into the mandolin and slice 1 English cucumber into the bowl with cabbage (remove coarse blade once done). Cut 1 orange bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper into 8 wedges, remove the seeds and slice onto the mandolin. Finely chop 1 bunch green onions and 1 bunch dill; add the herbs to the salad.
- To Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, combine and whisk 1/2 cup grapeseed oil, 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp fine salt. Let it sit for 5-10 mins in order for sugar and salt to dissolve a bit. Pour the dressing over the salad and give the salad a good stir in order for dressing to fully cover all the veggies. Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours before serving. Stir, taste and add salt if necessary before serving.
FRESH CABBAGE AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6-8Total Time 25 minsCategory VegetableCalories 90 per serving
CABBAGE CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD (SPRING SALAD ...
4.4/5 (5)Calories 185 per servingCategory Salad
CABBAGE AND CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.8/5 (6)Category EasyCuisine $3-$5Total Time 15 mins
- Wash your vegetables. Using a mandolin or knife, thinly shred 1 white cabbage and 1/2 red cabbage. Place them in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl use a fork to mix 4 tbsp sunflower oil, 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Stir it into the salad to taste. You may need less depending on the size of your cabbages.
CABBAGE CUCUMBER SALAD - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 96 per serving
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE WITH ONIONS - MOMMA CAN
4.5/5 (16)Category Vegetable, Gluten Free, Side DishCuisine SouthernTotal Time 40 mins
MEDITERRANEAN CABBAGE SALAD- NO MAYO COLESLAW L THE ...
4.7/5 (30)Calories 200 per servingCategory Entree or Side Dish
HOW TO MAKE AMAZING CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES | MISS ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CABBAGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 19 mins
CABBAGE AND PEA SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.7/5 (20)Category EasyCuisine $6-$8Total Time 20 mins
CABBAGE AND ONION SALAD - WITH A BLAST
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 156 per serving
CABBAGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 141 per serving
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD WITH BACON RECIPE
4.4/5 (59)Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad, Side Dish, Snack, CondimentCalories 141 per serving
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD (VINEGAR COLESLAW) - REAL GREEK RECIPES
4.3/5 (21)Category Appetizer, Side DishCuisine GreekCalories 684 per serving
CABBAGE BELL PEPPER SANDWICHES, VIDEO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST CABBAGE YOGURT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE SALAD - LIDIA
10 BEST CABBAGE SALAD TUNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE AND ONION SALAD - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPE FOR COLESLAW / 27+ COOKING DIRECTIONS - REPLACEMENT ...
CABBAGE, TOMATO AND ONION SALAD RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #side-dishes #vegetables #1-day-or-more #easy #dietary
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions