MINI CAJUN CHICKEN POT PIES
- Preheat the oven to 400˚. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, bell pepper, onion and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until the vegetables start to turn translucent, about 8 more minutes.
- Stir in the chicken. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the vegetables and chicken and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring gently. Pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly, and then stir in the bouillon cube until dissolved. (The flour will combine with the chicken broth to create a delicious gravy.) Stir in the heavy cream. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put six 8-ounce ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Unroll the pie dough on a floured surface. Using a ramekin as aguide, cut out 6 circles of pie dough that are slightly bigger than the ramekin.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the ramekins. Place the dough rounds on top.
- Cut small slits in the top and press the dough gently against the sides of the ramekins to seal. Bake for 30 minutes,or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
CAJUN MINI MEAT PIES
I watched my Grandmother make pies. During Christmas season my Grandmother and Great Aunts ( I was always in her skirt tails) would get together and make every kind of pie and cakes they knew. I am talking days and days of baking. I watched and helped. I was in Heaven. I was also the only child that wanted to be there. So I got all the attention and schooling. I loved it. So I don't know exactly who taught me but it was one of them. I had to stop and write the recipe due to it was in my head and not on paper. It is a warm feeling everytime I make them.
Provided by Chef Cajun Deb
Yield 30-36 mini pies, 15-30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Brown ground meat only till all brown.
- add the rest of ingredients and simmer till all are cooked down.
- drain in a strainer let sit in strainer to cool down set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix eggs and milk.
- add to dry ingredients slowly while stiring.
- add shorting and cut in with pastry cutter or two knives.
- when well mixed form balls about the size of a tennis ball.
- roll out ball with rolling pen.
- cut out in about a 6 inch circle.
- use wet paper towle to wet around outer circle.
- put about 2 tablespoons of meat filling in center.
- fold over crust to form like a half moon
- press edges to seal with fingers.
- use a fork to repress edges and give a decortive look.
- when all are done put in fridge for at least an hour or till ready to fry.
- fry in very hot oil.
- turn when golden brown and fry other side.
- frying is very fast do not over fry meat is already cooked.
- can freeze unfried only.
- wrap indivdually in wax paper put several in zip lock bags freeze flat.
- after frozen then can stack as will.
NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat; whisk in flour, and cook until flour turns from white to a nutty brown color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add meats and brown until no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes; stir in Cajun seasoning and garlic powder; drain fat. Cool to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a 5 inch diameter round cookie cutter or cut around a saucer to make a round of dough. Place a heaping tablespoon of meat filling in the center of each round. Fold dough over filling and seal edges closed by pressing with a fork or fingers. Repeat to make 15 pies, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.
- Heat oil for frying in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry pies in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Or bake pies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 35.9 mg, Fat 26.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 454.7 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
MINIATURE MEAT PIES
I make these handheld pies in advance, keep them in the freezer, then bake them the day of the party. They are always a hit at tailgate and potlucks. -Gayle Lewis, Yucaipa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili sauce and soup mix; set aside. , In a large bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds if desired, and salt. Cut in shortening and cheese until crumbly. Combine milk and vinegar; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. , Divide dough in half; roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. round cutter. Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top each with a rounded tablespoonful of beef mixture. Top with remaining circles. Moisten edges with water and press with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in the top of each. , Bake at 425° until golden brown, 12-16 minutes. Serve immediately., Freeze option: Freeze cooled pies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Bake, from frozen, on an ungreased baking sheet at 425° until heated through, 14-16 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 30g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 983mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
MINI MEAT PIES
A fun, all-Aussie appetizer from The Essential Finger Food Cookbook; little meat pies - traditional or uncovered - made from ready rolled shortcrust pastry baked in patty tins.
Provided by NotQuiteVegetarian
Yield 24 mini pies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut pastry into 48 circles if making traditional pies, or 24 if making uncovered pies using a 7 cm round cutter.
- Press 24 circles into two lightly greased 12-hole patty tins.
- To make filling, heat oil in heavy-based pan, add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add mince and stir over high heat for 5 minutes or until well browned and all liquid has evaporated; using a fork to break up any lumps of mince.
- Add flour, stir until combined then cook over medium heat for 1 minutes.
- Add stock, sauces and herbs and stir over the heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir occasionally then allow to cool.
- Divide filling among pastry circles.
- Top each with two half slices of tomato and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- For traditional pies, place the remaining pastry rounds over the tomato and oregano topping and seal the edges with beaten egg before baking.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.9, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 14.8, Sodium 319.7, Carbohydrate 22.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.7, Protein 6.8
EASY MINI ALE AND MEAT PIES
A traditional meat and ale pie. Superb flavor, inexpensive to make, and absolutely delicious and filling. The pies can be wrapped and frozen once they've been cooked and cooled completely.
Provided by Bella V.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll each crust out to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough to fit three 3x5-inch loaf pans. Push dough into tins and up the edges using your fingertips. Roll out remaining dough for use as top crusts and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, celery, onion, and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add peas, corn, and ale; cook and stir until reduced by a bit more than half, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour to the vegetable-ale mixture and stir constantly until thick and almost pasty, 1 to 3 minutes. Add stock slowly, stirring constantly. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, tomato bouillon, rosemary, and garlic powder. Reduce heat and simmer until filling mixture reduces to desired thickness and potatoes are cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and allow filling to cool slightly. Fill crusts with filling. Top with remaining dough and pinch edges to seal. Brush tops of pies with beaten egg wash. Cut 3 slits in the top of each pie for air to escape. Place tins on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 647 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 37.4 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 1501.5 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
More about "cajun mini meat pies recipes"
CAJUN MEAT PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
33 BEST NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES IDEAS | MEAT PIE, NATCHITOCHES, …
NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES - CAJUN MEAT PIES RECIPE - STL COOKS
RECIPE: CAJUN MEAT PIES (WITH GROUND BEEF FILLING, FRIED OR BAKED ...
MINI CRAWFISH PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FINGER FOOD FRIDAY: MINI CAJUN MEAT PIES
CRAB AND PARMESAN MINI PIES - LYNN K
MAMA'S CAJUN MEAT PIES | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
HOMEMADE MINI MEAT PIES | LOVEFOODIES
MINI MEAT PIES | RICARDO
MINI CAJUN CRAWFISH PIES BY LASYONE'S MEAT PIES - GOLDBELLY
THESE CRAWFISH HAND PIES ARE EASY WITH STORE-BOUGHT INGREDIENTS.
MINI MEAT PIES - SOBEYS INC.
CAJUN MINI MEAT PIES - PLAIN.RECIPES
NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
CAJUN MEAT PIES FOR SALE | CAJUNGROCER.COM
CAJUN MEAT PIES | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
MINI CRAWFISH PIES - CAJUN GROCER OVER 3,000 AUTHENTIC CAJUN …
10 BEST MINI MEAT PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MINI SPICY GROUND BEEF MEAT PIES – THE CAJUN TURKEY CO.
CAJUN MINI MEAT PIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY MINI MEAT PIES - HIDDEN VALLEY
CAJUN NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES RECIPE
CAJUN MEAT PIES FOR SALE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CAJUN MEAT PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PIN ON MEAT PIES ONLY PLEASE - PINTEREST.COM
MINI CRAWFISH PIE RECIPE - MASHED
CLASSIC NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIE - LOUISIANA COOKIN
MINI CAJUN MUSHROOM PIES BY LASYONE'S MEAT PIES - GOLDBELLY
MINI LOUISIANA NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIES - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
SEARCH - TAG - MRS. WHEAT'S CAJUN MINI MEAT PIES /100 1OZ
MINI MEAT PIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #main-dish #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #american #cajun #southern-united-states #finger-food #holiday-event #eggs #deep-fry #spicy #wedding #meat #brunch #taste-mood #number-of-servings #presentation #served-hot #technique #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do I make a meat pie?Brush the edges of dough with the egg wash. With a 3 ½-inch (9 cm) round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles of dough. Place on the meat pies. Seal. Make an incision in the centre of each meat pie. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Immediately unmould the meat pies and serve warm. Unmould the meat pies right out of the oven.
How do you make a deep fried pie?Place a heaping tablespoon of meat filling in the center of each round. Fold dough over filling and seal edges closed by pressing with a fork or fingers. Repeat to make 15 pies, re-rolling dough scraps as needed. Heat oil for frying in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Deep fry pies in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
How to cook Cajun pizza dough?Stir in onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add meats and brown until no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes; stir in Cajun seasoning and garlic powder; drain fat. Cool to room temperature. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
How long do you cook a pie in the oven at 350?Drain on paper towels. Or bake pies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. The nutritional analysis for this recipe reflects an estimated 10% of the oil for frying as well as the full amount of the coating and breading.