SHRIMP AND SCALLOP KABOBS
"These seafood kabobs are a big hit with everyone who loves spicy food. Don't forget to use the extra seasoned butter as a dipping sauce!" Mitzi Sentiff - Annapolis, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup butter mixture for serving and keep warm., Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops. , Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with reserved butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 35g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 170mg cholesterol, Sodium 813mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 19g protein.
CAJUN SHRIMP SKEWERS
Fresh herbs and Cajun seasoning enhance these delicious shrimp, accompanied by a spicy Cajun butter sauce. You can serve them as an entree or as appetizers. You'll love them either way! -Dwayne Veretto, Roswell, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place the shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting., In a small saucepan, combine the Cajun butter ingredients; heat until butter is melted. Keep warm. , Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting once with reserved marinade. Serve with Cajun butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481 calories, Fat 44g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 229mg cholesterol, Sodium 1007mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place rack about 5-inches from heat.
- Mix garlic, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and toss them in spice mixture.
- Divide in half and thread on 2 kabob skewers.
- Place olive oil in small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut zucchini and squash into 2-inch pieces and toss in oil to coat.
- Divide in half and place on 2 skewers.
- Remove tray from oven and place skewers on the foil.
- Return to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Nutritional info per serving. 263 cal; 42g pro, 7g carbo, 7g fat, 108mg chol, 632mg sodium exchanges - 1 veg, 4.4 meat, .5 fat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 109, Sodium 796.8, Carbohydrate 8.7, Fiber 3, Sugar 5.2, Protein 39.1
CAJUN SHRIMP SKEWERS
- Preheat a grill for cooking over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, butter, Cajun Select Seasoning, juice of 1/2 lemon and some salt and pepper to a bowl and toss all together. Skewer the shrimp on metal skewers. Grill the shrimp, drizzling with hot sauce if desired, until plump and pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Grill the remaining 1/2 lemon until charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the shrimp.
- Blend together the salt, granulated garlic, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, black pepper, sugar, basil, celery seed and oregano in a bowl until combined. Store in an airtight jar for up to 6 months.
SHRIMP & VEGGIE KABOBS (GRILLED/OVEN-ROASTED)
This is one of our favorite ways to prepare some of the summer veggies from our garden along with one of our favorite seafoods. Either way, on the grill or in the oven, these shrimp and vegetable kabobs are absolutely delicious. I highly recommend using the Louisiana Cajun seasoning, but any of your favorite seasoned salts would...
Provided by Tere Gill
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Gather all ingredients. Thaw shrimp if using frozen. Rinse and dry vegetables. Line a rimmed sheetpan with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Prep vegetables: Remove stem and seeds from bell peppers; cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares. Remove dry outer skin and root from onion; cut the onion into 1 inch chunks (approximately; see photo.) Slice off blossom end and stem of zucchini; cut into 1 inch chunks (approximately; see photo.)
- 3. Insert flat stainless steel or bamboo/chopstick skewer into centers of the vegetables and through the head end and tail of shrimp, beginning with a square of bell pepper, then onion, shrimp, zucchini and cherry tomato, ensuring at least 3 shrimp per skewer; place on prepared sheetpan; repeat until all skewers are full (see photos.)
- 4. Brush kabobs with oil to thoroughly coat each piece on all sides.
- 5. Sprinkle all sides of kabobs with Louisiana Cajun Seasoning (contains salt, so extra is unnecessary.)
- 6. Roast in preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes; Turn kabobs over and roast for additional 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender to your preference (I usually go to 15.) If, at any point, you think they are getting too brown, reduce the heat to 400 degrees until done.
- 7. **NOTE: If skewers are long enough, and your oven is large enough, place both ends of skewers up on the rim of the baking sheet; if not, lightly oil the foil in pan. There may be a little smoke from the vegetable juices on the foil when the oven is first opened. Sometimes, a couple of the tomatoes will fall off the skewers...oh well, they still taste good! :-) If grilling, follow steps 1 thru 5, allowing time for soaking bamboo/chopstick skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes, if using; cook over indirect heat until veggies are tender and shrimp are pink and no longer translucent, carefully turning kabobs several times, then over direct heat just long enough to add a little char, if desired.
- 8. Use a fork to slide the shrimp and vegetables off of the skewers. Serve as soon as possible. Great with just about anything! Try serving over rice or buttered noodles. Delish!
More about "cajun shrimp kabobs recipes"
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS WITH SAUSAGE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsCategory Food, Sea Food, Shrimp
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F), or heat a grill pan over high. Combine shrimp, sausage, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and oregano in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Thread mixture onto 8 (10-inch) skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Place skewers on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, until vegetables and sausage are lightly charred and shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to a serving plate, and sprinkle with parsley.
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS | GIMME DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Calories 176 per servingCategory Dinner
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, sausage, minced garlic, olive oil, and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
BEST CAJUN SHRIMP KEBABS - HOW TO MAKE CAJUN ... - DELISH
Total Time 10 mins
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS • THE HERITAGE COOK
CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS | DASH OF SAVORY | COOK WITH PASSION
Reviews 3Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
DEEP-FRIED SHRIMP KABOBS | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA ...
5/5 (1)Category AppetizersServings 6
- Slide 5 shrimp onto each kabob stick. Dip the kabob into the batter, drop in the hot oil, and cook about 3 minutes until golden brown and floating.
- Drain on paper towel and serve. If desired, serve a cocktail sauce or spicy mustard in a squeeze bottle to squirt on the shrimp kabobs.
GRILLED GARLIC CAJUN SHRIMP SKEWERS - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (33)Category EasyCuisine $25-$27Total Time 25 mins
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 min (reduces burning of the sticks). Preheat Grill to med/high (400˚F).
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Pour half of the mixture into a ramekin and leave remaining marinade in pan (You'll brush on half now and brush on remaining marinade after shrimp are grilled).
- Skewer 4 shrimp on each damp skewer without leaving spaces. Lay skewers flat on a rimmed cookie sheet. Brush one side of the skewered shrimp with sauce and refrigerate for 2 min until butter firms up. Flip shrimp over, brush second side and refrigerate 2 min until butter firms up.
- Place skewers on the barbie and grill shrimp with the lid on about 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through and no longer transparent. Remove shrimp from grill. Don't overcook or they will be rubbery. Brush on reserved sauce and serve.
CAJUN SHRIMP SAUSAGE KABOBS - COOKS WELL WITH OTHERS
Cuisine AmericanCalories 232 per servingCategory Main Course
- Peel and devein the shrimp and cut the sausage into 1 inch pieces. Put the sausage and shrimp on kabob skewers.
- Brush the kabobs with olive oil and season them with kosher salt, pepper, and 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsps of the cajun seasoning.
- Put the mayo, 1/2 to 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning, lime juice, garlic powder, and Tabasco sauce (if using) in a small bowl. Stir until mixed well and set aside.
KETO CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE KABOB SALAD | CLEAN KETO ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsCategory SaladCalories 657 per serving
CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS - SLENDER KITCHEN
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 179 per serving
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Brush with oil. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto the skewers on both sides. It’s fine if there is a little extra spice rub leftover. (Note: If using wood skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes beforehand so they don’t catch on fire.)
- Place the kabobs directly on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until pink. For the broiler, place 6 inches from broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until pink and cooked through.
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE KABOBS RECIPE ...
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Seafood
CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SKEWERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 30
10 WHOLESOME AND HEALTHY KEBAB RECIPES | SUMMER SHRIMP ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
DEEP SOUTH DISH: CAJUN GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
CAJUN SHRIMP AND PEACH KABOBS | HY-VEE
4/5 (11)Calories 360 per servingServings 2
"CAJUN SHRIMP & SAUSAGE KABOBS" - RECIPES ON SPOONACULAR
COOK TIME AND TEMP FOR GAS GRILLED SHRIMP KABOBS - STEVEN ...
CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS — FIFTY SHADES OF FOOD
HOW LONG TO COOK SHRIMP KABOBS ON GRILL - ESQUIVEL SCRIME
CAJUN SHRIMP RECIPES - FREE SHRIMP RECIPES
HOW TO COOK SHRIMP KABOBS ON GAS GRILL - BELOTE HERAND
GRILLED SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE KABOBS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CAJUN GRILLED SHRIMP KABOBS FOR THE GRILL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook Cajun shrimp kabobs?These Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kabobs with Sausage only take 20 minutes to make, earning them the status of a favorite weeknight dinner. Classic Cajun seasoning is complemented by fresh thyme, oregano, and parsley to bring all those flavors to life.
Can you serve shrimp kabobs off the skewer?Feel free to serve these dishes on or off the skewer. These Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kabobs with Sausage only take 20 minutes to make, earning them the status of a favorite weeknight dinner. Classic Cajun seasoning is complemented by fresh thyme, oregano, and parsley to bring all those flavors to life.
How to cook Cajun shrimp skewers?Stir in the Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup butter mixture for serving and keep warm. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops. Place skewers on greased grill rack.
How do you make Cajun spicy chicken kebabs?Make Cajun spice mix. Combine salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano in a small bowl. Stir with a fork until evenly combined. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp in olive oil. Add spice mix and toss shrimp until its evenly coated. Thread shrimp and lemon onto metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked for 20 minutes).