CAKE FROM PORTAL
- This recipe is simple, it just takes a lot of ingredients and mixing/sitting around time to complete. Pop in a movie while making the cake to help pass the time.
- This recipe can easily be made for those who do not consume dairy by making sure the frosting and cake mix you use do not contain dairy. Which is easily done, I being dairy intolerant myself.
- And lastly, this cake is for fun. It is for the nerd in all of us that just wants to sit down with a bunch of friends, and eat. This cake is perfect for that. Heck, you could all bring food and call it a Lies and Deceit Pot Luck, and LAN your way through the meal!
- Warning to the wise: this cake is VERY rich. Don't cut it into eight slices, cut it into sixteen. Regular sized slices will just make people sick to their stomachs because of how rich this cake is. So do eat carefully.
- The night before, mix 2/3c cocoa powder with 1.5 cans of vanilla frosting. Save the remaining half can of vanilla frosting for later.
- Next day: remove mixed frosting and vanilla frosting from the fridge and set to the side. Also place the cherries and chocolate chips to the side. They will not be used until the cake is completely done.
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter two 9 inch cake pans.
- In one bowl combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- In larger bowl, combine all liquid ingredients and egg whites. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly sift dry ingredients into the large bowl of liquid ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour half of the batter into one prepared cake pan, and the rest into the second cake pan.
- Cook for 30+ minutes, until a knife can be removed cleanly from the cake.
- When done cooking, allow the cake to cool for at least one hour.
- Remove top quarter inch from one cake round. Basically, let it have a completely flat top so that the second layer can rest smoothly on top. I suggest using a bread knife.
- Use the coconut frosting as the inner layer.
- Place second layer on top of first layer.
- Frost with the cocoa powder mixed frosting. Warning: this stuff is stiff, so it takes a little work.
- Coat entire cake with chocolate chips, press them lightly into the frosting to get them to stay. The recipe suggests one cup, I would suggest just taking from the bag. Measurements are just suggestions for chocolate chips.
- Using the remaining vanilla frosting and a tablespoon, dallop eight circles around the top of the cake.
- Place the eight cherries on top of the eight vanilla frosting circles.
- Treat your friends to a meal of Lies and Deceit. ^.^.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 737, Fat 39.8, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 660.9, Carbohydrate 94.2, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 63.2, Protein 6.7
LEMON RASPBERRY CORNMEAL CAKE
This rich and tender cornmeal cake is punctuated by bright, tart raspberries and lots of lemon zest. The whole thing is topped with a drizzle of puckery lemon glaze, but the cake is also great on its own, so you could just as easily leave it off. Serve this cake as is for an afternoon treat, or add more fresh raspberries and whipped cream to dress it up for dessert.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories brunch, cakes, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch round or 8-inch square pan, then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Zest the 2 lemons into a large mixing bowl. Add ¾ cup/150 grams of sugar and the eggs, and whisk vigorously until pale and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sour cream, melted butter and salt, and mix until smooth and emulsified. Whisk in the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour and cornmeal, and stir until just a few streaks of flour remain. Add ⅔ of the raspberries and fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and top with the remaining raspberries. Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake the cake until puffed and golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Carefully run a thin knife or offset spatula around the edge of the pan, then set the pan on a wire rack and let the cake cool completely in the pan. When the cake is cool, remove it from the pan, gently peel off the parchment and set it on a serving plate.
- While the cake cools, make the glaze: Juice some of the zested lemon to produce 2 tablespoons of juice. To a medium bowl, add the confectioners' sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Whisk until smooth, adding more lemon juice as necessary to make a thin but still opaque glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and let it set for a few minutes before serving. Store any leftovers at room temperature, loosely covered for up to 2 days.
More about "cake from portal recipes"
PORTAL: THE CAKE - PIXELATED PROVISIONS
PORTAL CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE
RECIPE: THE CAKE IS A LIE! — THE PORTAL CAKE – LET'S GET …
PORTAL CAKE - EASY & DELICIOUS RECIPES | A TABLE FULL OF …
I CAN HAS CAKE? - COMPLETE RECIPE FOR THE CAKE FROM …
CAKE - PORTAL WIKI
HOW TO MAKE A PORTAL CAKE : 6 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
PORTAL CAKE MIX - CUIMS.NET
THE CAKE RECIPE PORTAL
CAKE FROM PORTAL RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | COCONUT PECAN …
CAKE FROM PORTAL RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | CHERRY FROSTING …
MADE WITH THE OFFICIAL PORTAL CAKE MIX INGREDIENTS AND RECIPE
CAKE FROM PORTAL - 300,000+ RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
CAKE RECIPE PORTAL SOFTWARE - FREE DOWNLOAD CAKE RECIPE PORTAL
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE CAKE | PORTAL WIKI | FANDOM
PORTAL CAKE RECIPE : COPYPASTA - REDDIT
CAKE FROM PORTAL - PLAIN.RECIPES
CAKE RECIPE PORTAL FREEWARE - FREE DOWNLOAD CAKE RECIPE PORTAL
CAKE | HALF-LIFE WIKI | FANDOM
PORTAL CAKE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
MAKING THE PERFECT PORTAL CAKE! - INSTRUCTABLES
PORTAL CAKE RECIPE -SPATIALDRIFT
STEAM COMMUNITY :: GUIDE :: PORTAL CAKE RECIPE
CAKE FROM PORTAL - PORTAL 2 : BINGINGWITHBABISH
PEACHES AND CREAM CAKE RECIPE - PUREWOW
LEARN HOW TO MAKE THE PORTAL CAKE FROM LVL.1 CHEF! FLUFFY, MOIST ...
CHOCOLATE-ROXX: HEALTY CAKE FROM PORTAL
PORTAL'S GLADOS GIVES THE PERFECT 'NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY' …
CAKE FROM PORTAL RECIPE - THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
RECIPES FOR LIFE – MAC AND CHEESE CAKE
THE CAKE INSPIRED BY PORTAL — BINGING WITH BABISH
PORTAL CAKE RECIPE - PENGUIN PERSPECTIVES
PORTAL CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | PORTAL CAKE, CAKE RECIPES, CAKE
HOW TO MAKE A PORTAL CAKE - YOUTUBE
BAKING MY DOGS THAT CAKE FROM PORTAL (BLACK FOREST GATEAU)
HOW TO MAKE PORTAL'S BLACK FOREST CAKE | THE MARY SUE
STRAWBERRY JELLO POKE CAKE RECIPE (EASY SUMMER DESSERT) | KITCHN
WE MADE THE PORTAL CAKE: NO LIE, IT'S DELICIOUS - SERIOUS EATS
STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BINGING WITH BABISH: THE CAKE FROM PORTAL - YOUTUBE
4TH OF JULY POKE CAKE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
COOKING FROM VIDEO GAMES: THE PORTAL CAKE – THIS WAS (NOT) A …
#lactose #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #desserts #american #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #cakes #chocolate #dietary #pacific-northwest #free-of-something #novelty #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Portal cake?In a seperate dry bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and mix together until uniform throughout. Now I mentioned the baking soda before and you're probably like "Brian, when do I use that?" Well, in the Portal recipe, it included both baking powder and soda.
What is the cake at the end of portal?The cake, a radio and the Aperture Science Red Phone on the desk of the lobby of GLaDOS' chamber after the end of Portal. The Black Forest cake, alternatively referred to as the "Black Forest gateau," or simply "cake," typically consists of layers of chocolate, with whipped cream between layers, cherries on top, and sprinkled with white icing.
What are the last few items in portal's recipe? The last few items in the recipe ("Slaughter electric needle injector, cordless electric needle injector," etc.) are tools used by embalmers to prepare a corpse for a funeral. The quote "The cake is a lie" heavily contributed to Portal 's success, and has become a very popular phrase and Internet meme.
Did GLaDOS hide the cake in Portal 2?Although the dens frequently claim that the cake is in fact a lie, the ending of Portal shows the actual cake. This implies that GLaDOS really hid the cake very well for "Cake and Refreshments". The cake is also mentioned on the monitors in the Escape sequence (in the midst of gibberish, you will find some cake recipes mixed).