CALZONE PIZZA STUFFED WITH RICOTTA AND SALAMI
Enjoy a classic Italian meal with this flavourful recipe for a stuffed pizza filled with salami, ricotta and spinach.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the pizza dough, mix the salt and the yeast in a bowl with the warm water.
- In another large bowl make a well in the centre of the flour and then add in the yeast mixture and the olive oil.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms into a dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and knead it with your hands for around 3 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a clean tea-towel, leave in a warm place and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Flatten the dough into a 12in pizza tray, using your hands to press it down.
- Place the ricotta, spinach, salami, Parmesan, olives and basil leaves over one half of the pizza dough and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Carefully fold the other half of the pizza over the filling, sealing the edges together well.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the calzone and bake at once for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot from the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1290.9, Fat 77, SaturatedFat 38.1, Cholesterol 233.3, Sodium 2616.3, Carbohydrate 84.2, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 4.8, Protein 66.1
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Brown sausage in a small skillet in a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer the cooked crumbled sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Combine sausage with ricotta, parsley, garlic, Parmigiano, nutmeg, pepper, and pimento. Roll out doughs and halve cross-wise. Place a dough rectangle on a nonstick cookie sheet. Use 1/2 cup mozzarella on half of each dough rectangle and pile a mound of filling on half of the total area. Fold dough over and pinch edges to seal. The result is a rectangular turnover.
- For half-moon shaped calzones, trim excess dough. Roll dough bits into strips, tie in knots and brush with garlic oil and cheese. Garlic knots are fun to dip at the table.
- Bake calzones 15 minutes or until golden all over. Serve calzones with warm tomato, marinara, or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Cook's Note: For an additional time saver, 2 packages precooked sausage crumbles, 8 ounces each, may be substituted for raw Italian sausage used in the above recipe.
- Add olive oil to medium saucepan over moderate heat. Add garlic and crushed pepper to the heated olive oil; when pepper snaps and garlic sizzles, stir in crushed tomatoes. Season sauce with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook for five minutes and stir in parsley. Serve.
- Yield: 4 servings
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERONI CHEESE STUFFED CALZONE
This is a great, tasty big calzone! I used one can of Pillsbury pizza dough (about 13.5 ounces) which is a great way to make this calzone quickly. I made one large calzone which was divided to serve two people.
Provided by Super San Mateo Che
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven and pizza stone (if available) to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large grill plan, cook sausage until browned. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, seasonings, pepperoni and cooked sausage. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roll dough out to a 15" circle on a pizza paddle or baking sheet that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal. It doesn't have to be a perfect circle.
- Spread meat and cheese filling over 1 side of the dough. Leave at least 1-inch of the edge without filling to ensure a tight seal.
- Lift 1 side of dough and fold over so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon, and pinch the edges together to seal, using a fork to press edges together. Remove any excess dough which isn't needed for the seal.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle some parmesan cheese over top.
- Cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to release.
- Transfer calzone from pizza pad to pizza stone in oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until puffed up golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Heat the marinara sauce in the microwave for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1207.8, Fat 93.5, SaturatedFat 38.8, Cholesterol 231.5, Sodium 3236.9, Carbohydrate 26.4, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 12.9, Protein 62.9
More about "calzone pizza stuffed with ricotta and salami recipes"
SALAMI STUFFED CALZONE RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
5/5 (2)Category PizzaServings 1Total Time 25 mins
- To make salami stuffed calzone, first mix the ricotta with 1 tbsp water until creamy, then season to taste with salt. Cut the salami into thin strips.
- Roll out the pizza dough fully to create a flat disc. Spread only one half of this disc with the ricotta, leaving about one inch free around the edge; top with the salami, a few pieces of mozzarella, and a grind of pepper. Fold over the calzone, line up the edges, and press carefully to create a good seal.
- Gently puncture the calzone in the center to allow steam to escape. Shred 1 1/2 oz of the tomatoes and season with a pinch of salt. Scatter the tomatoes over the top of the calzone, then drizzle with oil and add a few mozzarella strips. Bake at maximum temperature for 4-6 minutes; cooking time will vary depending on the oven. Remove from the oven and serve immediately, garnished with a few basil leaves.
CALZONE STUFFED WITH RICOTTA AND SALAMI RECIPE | LIFESTYLE
RICOTTA CALZONES WITH SPINACH AND SAUSAGE - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
CALZONES WITH PEPPERONI, MUSHROOMS AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE
RICOTTA CALZONES WITH SAUSAGE | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, CALZONE
RECIPE FOR STUFFED SHELLS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRAM’S CALZONE WITH SAUSAGE AND CHEESE
ITALIAN CALZONE - STUFFED PIZZA PASTIES - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
SPINACH CALZONE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PASS ON THE PIZZA AND USE THESE 15 CALZONE RECIPES INSTEAD
EASY CALZONE RECIPES FOR CALZONE PIZZA - OLIVEMAGAZINE
PEPPERONI CALZONE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
INCREDIBLE HOMEMADE CALZONE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CALZONE - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE | 196 …
ITALIAN CALZONE RECIPE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE AND PROSCIUTTO
HOMEMADE CALZONE RECIPE - PETITEGOURMETS.COM
BEST ITALIAN CALZONE RECIPE - TIPBUZZ
ITALIAN CALZONE – STUFFED PIZZA PASTIES - WOMEN NEWS CATALOG
HOMEMADE CALZONE PIZZA STUFFED WITH HAM, RICOTTA, SALAMI, CHEESE …
CALZONE PIZZA | SO DELICIOUS
SALAMI & RICOTTA CALZONE - COOKING CIRCLE
CALZONES STUFFED WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND RICOTTA - THE LITTLE …
SALAMI AND CHEESE CALZONES - RECIPE - STEFANO FAITA
CALZONE RECIPE WITH PIZZA DOUGH AND RICOTTA
HOW TO MAKE A CALZONE - 8 EASY RECIPES - GIORDANO'S
BROCCOLI RICOTTA CALZONES - TEASPOON OF SPICE
EASY CALZONE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RICOTTA CALZONES WITH SAUSAGE | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, CALZONE
HOW TO MAKE A CALZONE WITH PIZZA DOUGH – GALAXY TRAINING
CHEESY CALZONES WITH HAM AND GENOA SALAMI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PIZZA CALZONE RECIPE – GALAXY TRAINING
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS CALZONE | FUN TWIST ON A CLASSIC SANDWICH!
ITALIAN CALZONE RECIPE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE AND PROSCIUTTO%%SEP ...
CALZONE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CALZONE RECIPE ( TRADITIONAL NEAPOLITAN FRIED PIZZA ) - UNCUT RECIPES
CALZONES - LIDIA
CALZONE RECIPE WITH PIZZA DOUGH AND RICOTTA - ALL INFORMATION …
CALZONE RECIPE WITH PIZZA DOUGH AND RICOTTA
MINI CALZONES STUFFED WITH PEPPERONI, PESTO AND RICOTTA RECIPE
SEARCH FOR RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CALZONE WITH RICOTTA AND SAUSAGE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
DELI STUFFED CALZONE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
You'll also love