CANDIED LIME SLICES
Right after joining RZ, I tried & was not able to find a recipe for candied limes, but Chef Neta kindly helped me find this 1 at the Food Network website. Twice since then questions have come up about candied limes, so I thot I would post the recipe. I modified the prep slightly to make it easier & more clear. I use the slices mainly to garnish lime-based beverages, desserts or baked goods, but also cut in sml pieces to add color & flavor to trail mix or add as a sml item to add variety & color to gift baskets. There are prob many more uses that have not occurred to me. Time does not include the drying time.
Provided by twissis
Yield 16 slices, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Slice limes into thin rounds, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 min & drain.
- In the same pot, combine water & 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer & add lime slices. Simmer for 10-15 min, till white pith of limes looks translucent (May take longer if pith is esp thick or dense).
- Drain & spread out on a cooling rack to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Put 2 tbsp sugar in shallow bowl or saucer. When limes are dry, coat both sides of the lime slices by pressing them into the sugar (May need more sugar for good coverage).
- Store in an airtight container & layer between parchment paper or plastic wrap till ready to use. I freeze these when I make a batch & then just take out what I need to use.
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES- LEMON OR LIME
- In large skillet combine water and sugar; bring to boiling.
- Add 2 lemons or 10 key limes, thinly sliced. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 1 or 2 minutes or until just softened.
- Transfer to rack; cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.1, Fat 0.2, Sodium 2.8, Carbohydrate 80.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 76.3, Protein 0.6
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES
- Cut a round of parchment paper to fit just inside a medium pot; set aside. Bring sugar and 3 cups water to a simmer in pot, stirring until sugar has dissolved. When liquid is clear and bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low. Add citrus slices, arranging them in a slightly overlapping layer. Cover with the parchment paper round. Place a cake pan on top of parchment to keep slices submerged. Simmer (do not boil) until rinds are almost translucent, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in syrup. Candied citrus slices can be stored in syrup up to 1 week.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set a wire rack over sheet. Transfer candied citrus to rack. Let stand until dry and slightly firm, about 8 hours.
This tart and sweet candied citrus is so easy to make, and it adds a zippy pop to drinks, desserts and more. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield About 1 dozen citrus slices.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil. Add citrus slices; reduce heat to medium. Cook until slices are translucent, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer until slices are tender but still intact, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally., Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove slices to a wire rack or a parchment-lined baking pan. Let stand at room temperature overnight to dry. (Save syrup for another use.) If desired, cut slices in half; use to decorate a cake, pie or other dessert, or to garnish drinks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 69mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CANDIED LEMON SLICES
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut lemon into 12 paper-thin slices; discard seeds and ends of rind.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and add lemon slices; stir until softened, about 1 minute. Drain, and immediately plunge slices into ice-water bath. Drain.
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium skillet, swirling to dissolve sugar. When liquid is clear and bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low. Add lemon slices, arranging them in one layer with tongs. Simmer (do not let boil) until rinds are translucent, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Let stand until ready to serve. Lemon slices can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.
More about "candied citrus slices lemon or lime recipes"
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 24 hrs 45 minsCategory Dessert, GarnishCalories 77 per serving
- Slice off the ends of the citrus. Slice citrus about a 1/5 inch thick. (You want the citrus to be just thick enough to maintain it's shape when it's boiling. If it's too thin it will fold in half)
- In a large pan, bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Add the slices of citrus in the pan in a single layer. Place just enough in the pan the edges touch but don't overlap.
- Spray a wire cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray. Using a slotted spoon or a fork, take the citrus out of the boiling sugar mixture place in a single layer on the cooking rack.
CANDIED LEMON OR LIME SLICES | COOKSTR.COM
Category PreservingEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, and cook over high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is boiling. Add the lemon slices and let the mixture simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until the lemon slices are opaque. Make sure the sugar mixture does not begin to caramelize.
- Using a fork or a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the lemon slices to the wire cooling rack, arranging them in a single layer. Let them dry for at least 1 hour. The lemon slices should be slightly sticky.
CANDIED LEMON AND LIME SLICES - TASTEBOTANICAL
Cuisine EnglishEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DecorationTotal Time 10 mins
- Put the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Then increase the heat and bring the mixture up to boiling point.
- Put the lemon or lime slices into the sugar syrup and cook gently for 5 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Leave the lemon or lime slices in the sugar syrup and allow to cool.
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - SEW HISTORICALLY
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES - OUR BEST BITES
CANDIED LIME RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CANDIED LEMON SLICES RECIPE| USING MYER LEMONS
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - MY TRIM KITCHEN
CANDIED LEMON SLICES RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RECIPE FOR CANDIED LIME SLICES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CANDIED LEMON PEEL FOR SALE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES | DESSARTS
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES - EASY OVEN METHOD - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
RECIPE: CANDIED LEMON SLICES - MUD AND MAGNOLIAS
CANDIED LEMON SLICES AND LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP - WILL COOK FOR …
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES - RECIPES STUDIO
CANDIED LEMON SLICES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LIME SLICES - THEFOODXP
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - SAVOR THE BEST
HOW TO DEHYDRATE CITRUS SLICES (LEMONS, LIMES, ORANGES)
CANDIED LEMON SLICES, CANDIED ORANGE SLICES - THE PRETEND CHEF
CANDIED LIME SLICES | LIME SLICE RECIPES, SLICES RECIPES, LIME
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES FOR ALL YOUR CITRUS NEEDS — RECIPE FICTION
CANDIED LEMON SLICES: #RECIPE - FINDING OUR WAY NOW
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES - BAKING BUTTERLY LOVE
SALTED CHOCOLATE COVERED CANDIED CITRUS SLICES - OUR BEST BITES
CANDIED LEMON SLICES (SIMPLE & QUICK) - CHEF TARIQ
RECIPE CANDIED LEMON SLICES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES: ZERO WASTE RECIPE
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE | LIME SLICE RECIPES, …
CANDIED LEMON OR LIME SLICES - PLAIN.RECIPES
57 CITRUS RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, DELICIOUS LEMON
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do I make candied lemon slices?Wash the lemons. Then slice them into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick slices. Using a knife, carefully remove the seeds. Combine sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Some recipes for homemade candied lemon slices say to blanch the lemon slices in boiling water to reduce the bitterness.
How to cook lemon and lime slices?Instructions Thinly slice your lemon or lime. Put the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Put the lemon or lime slices into the sugar syrup and cook gently for 5 minutes until they are soft and translucent. Remove the saucepan from the heat. When cool, remove the lemon or lime slices from the syrup and use to decorate cakes or desserts.
How do you make sweet candied citrus?This tart and sweet candied citrus is so easy to make, and it adds a zippy pop to drinks, desserts and more. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen In a Dutch oven, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil. Add citrus slices; reduce heat to medium. Cook until slices are translucent, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
How to cook citrus slices?Directions 1 In a Dutch oven, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil. Add citrus slices; reduce heat to medium. Cook until slices... 2 Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove slices to a wire rack or a parchment-lined baking pan. Let stand at room... More ...