SPINACH AND CANNELLINI BEAN DIP
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Repeat with the remaining spinach. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Place the remaining olive oil, spinach mixture, cannelloni beans, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve with endive spears, crostini or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 calorie, Fat 7.5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 1000 milligrams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 2 grams
WHITE BEAN DIP WITH PITA CHIPS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
- Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.
ROASTED GARLIC AND WHITE BEAN DIP WITH ROSEMARY
The idea of adding a whole head of garlic to a dip might scare you, but compared to its bracing raw counterpart, roasted garlic is sweet and mellow. This dip is garnished with a sprig of sizzled rosemary that's for more than just looks: Frying the herb infuses the olive oil with its fragrance. Spoon the remainder over your finished bowl for a hit of rosemary you wouldn't get with just the minced leaves, then scoop it up with warm pita, cucumber spears, and carrot sticks.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Categories snack, dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 8 to 10 servings (2 1/2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Roast the garlic: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel off most of the garlic's outermost skin but leave the whole head intact. Trim about 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic to expose the cloves. Place the garlic on a large piece of aluminum foil, then drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the exposed cloves and close the foil into a pouch. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until you can pierce the center of the head with a knife. Let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add the white beans, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary leaves, black pepper, cayenne (if using), hot water and salt. Purée until smooth, then taste for salt, pepper, rosemary and lemon juice. Adjust as necessary. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the remaining rosemary sprig - it should sizzle. Cook until brown and crisp, flipping once, about 1 minute per side, then transfer to the top of the dip as a garnish. Pour or spoon the remaining olive oil, now infused with rosemary, over the top of the dip. Sprinkle with cayenne for a little additional heat.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 117, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 382 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
WHITE BEAN DIP
- In a food processor, combine the cannellini beans, cilantro, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Process until smooth, or to your desired consistency. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 191.5 mg
CANNELLINI BEANS WITH GARLIC AND SAGE
Provided by Lori De Mori
Categories Bean Garlic Side Vegetarian Low Cal High Fiber Fall Family Reunion Healthy Low Cholesterol Vegan Sage Potluck Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes about 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place beans in large bowl. Cover with cold water (at least 6 cups) and let soak overnight.
- Drain beans. Place in heavy large pot. Add 8 cups room-temperature water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, sage, and black peppercorns. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to mediumlow; simmer uncovered 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Mix in 1 teaspoon coarse salt. Continue to simmer until beans are tender, adding more water if needed to keep beans covered, about 30 minutes longer. Cool beans in liquid 1 hour.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to serving bowl, reserving bean cooking liquid, if desired, but discarding garlic, sage, and peppercorns. Season beans to taste with pepper and more coarse salt. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
SPICY CANNELLINI DIP
The milder flavor and smooth texture of whipped cannellini beans well complement the flavor and texture of canned pumpkin puree, creating a versatile base for both a spicy bean dip and, with added liquid, a tasty bean soup (serve hot or chilled). Include fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro to complete this quick and easy appetizer or aromatic side dish. Serve with plain pita crisps, crackers, or tortilla chips.
Provided by R. Holland
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Blend cannellini beans, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth; add pumpkin puree, parsley, paprika, garlic, chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper. Continue to process until just blended; spoon into a mixing bowl. Gently fold salsa through the bean mixture, avoiding crushing the vegetables.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend, at least 4 hours. Stir dip and garnish with parsley leaves and paprika before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.2 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 590.8 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
More about "cannellini bean dip recipes"
EASY WHITE BEAN DIP - HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 10 minsCategory Appetizers And SidesCalories 130 per serving
- Combine all of your ingredients in your food processor (or whatever you are using to make this in). I suggest waiting to add any seasonings until you are able to taste the progress of your dip.
- Process your dip for 30 seconds, stopping to taste the progress and scrape the sides of the container. Season as needed at this point. Repeat this step until your dip is a smooth texture.
- Transfer to a serving bow, cover, and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add any additional oil, lemon, or seasonings to the top as desired.
CREAMY TUSCAN WHITE BEAN DIP - GARLIC & ZEST
4/5 (10)Total Time 45 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 95 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium high heat until the oil starts to moire and is hot but not smoking. Turn off the heat and immediately add the chopped herbs. The oil will sizzle because of the freshness of the herbs. Swirl the pan so that the herbs are completely coated with the hot oil and set aside.
TUSCAN WHITE BEAN DIP | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST CANNELLINI BEAN DIP
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 50 secsAuthor Andrea LeelikeTotal Time 10 mins
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
Ratings 38Category Appetizer, Nibbles, StarterCuisine ItalianTotal Time 10 mins
- Place beans, garlic, and olive oil into a small food processor. Whiz to process.Add salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to taste.Check that the paste is the consistency you require; add more oil if necessary.
- Serve in a nice bowl with crudites (celery, carrot and radish are my favourites) or with toasted bread and parmesan shavings.
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
Servings 6-8Total Time 5 minsCategory Lunch, Appetizer, SnackCalories 390 per serving
- With the motor running, add oil in a thin stream until completely incorporated and mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (28)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer, Snack
- In a food processor, pulse the cannellini beans, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. With the food processor running, slowly add the water and process until smooth. Blend in the fresh herbs, if desired.
EASY CANNELLINI BEAN DIP - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory CondimentCalories 70 per serving
- Add the beans, 2 tablespoons of the reserved bean liquid, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to a food processor.
- Before serving, give the dip a stir and sprinkle with a little sumac, if desired. Serve with assorted vegetables for dipping.
ROSEMARY WHITE BEAN DIP • SALT & LAVENDER
5/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
- Remove the needles from the stems of the rosemary sprigs. It's ok if you don't get an exact tablespoon since it's kinda hard to measure them.
- Add the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Process on high while drizzling the oil in slowly. Stop to scrape down the sides. I processed the dip for a few minutes to ensure the rosemary needles were broken down enough.
TUNA AND CANNELLINI BEAN DIP - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
Ratings 46Category Appetiser, Dip, StarterCuisine InternationalTotal Time 10 mins
WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND LEMON | JULIE BLANNER
5/5 (2)Total Time 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 122 per serving
- In a food processor, combine cannellini beans, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, create a swirl. Using the same motion, drizzle olive oil.
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP ON CUCUMBER CHIPS - VEGANOSITY
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizerServings 1Total Time 15 mins
- Add all of the ingredients (except the cucumber) to a food processor and blend until thick and creamy. Spread the dip on the cucumbers.
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP WITH LEMON AND PARMESAN — THE MOM 100
5/5 (1)Category AppetizerCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 10 mins
- Place the beans, shallots, olive oil, and lemon juice and zest in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine well. Add the Parmesan, cayenne or hot sauce, and salt and pepper and puree until smooth. If the dip is thick, you may add another tablespoon or two of olive oil or water.
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP RECIPE WITH CUMIN BURNT BUTTER BY ...
Servings 4-6Category SnackAuthor Jacqui ChallinorTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and cumin until fragrant (1 minute), then add onion and cook until soft and translucent (5 minutes). Add beans and 100ml water and season to taste. Simmer until most of the water evaporates (3 minutes).
- Transfer bean mixture to a food processor and process until almost smooth. With the motor running, add lemon juice tahini and remaining oil. Add 1-2 tablespoons warm water, if needed, until mixture is a loose consistency (it will thicken on cooling). Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- For cumin burnt butter, combine butter and cumin in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until frothy and nut-brown in colour (4 minutes). Immediately transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl to prevent overcooking.
- To serve, spoon hummus onto a serving plate, pour over warm cumin burnt butter and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve with flatbread.
WHITE BEAN DIP - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
5/5 (10)Total Time 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 125 per serving
WHITE BEAN DIP WITH HERBS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Appetizers, Dips, Bean DipsServings 3Total Time 10 mins
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, sage and rosemary and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant and the garlic is just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add the beans and toss to coat.
- Transfer the cannellini beans to a food processor. Add the water, season with salt and cayenne and process to a fairly smooth puree. Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top and serve with pita chips.
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND CANNELLINI BEAN DIP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (25)Calories 62 per servingServings 8
WHITE BEAN DIP (CANNELLINI BEAN DIP) - THE DINNER BITE
Ratings 1Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 mins
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP (A.K.A WHITE BEAN PUREE) - B'S BITES ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCategory All RecipesCalories 200 per serving
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S ...
5 MINUTE CANNELLINI BEAN DIP RECIPE - MAMA LIKES TO COOK
WHITE BEAN ROASTED GARLIC DIP - SO FLAVORFUL! — PIMP MY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make white bean dip with cannellini beans?If you have cannellini beans, olive oil, and a lemon in your kitchen, you’re well on your way to making this white bean dip recipe. My advice? Go for it! It comes together in seconds in the bowl of a food processor, and it’s absolutely delicious.
How do you make cannellini dip at home?Drain the cannellini beans in a mesh strainer, but DO NOT RINSE THE BEANS. Discard the bean liquid. Transfer the beans to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until the beans resemble a chunky dip. To the bean mixture, add the oil and herb mixture, kosher salt, and lemon juice.
What is the best way to make bean dip?This easy white bean dip recipe is flexible, healthy, and delicious! Serve it as an appetizer or enjoy it as a snack with pita chips and fresh veggies. In a food processor, pulse the cannellini beans, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined.
How do you make cannellini beans at home?Make sure to wash and dry the cannellini beans. Put the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, cannellini beans, oregano and garlic in a food processor. Blend until smooth and add salt and pepper to taste.