"This recipe proves you don't have to sacrifice good taste when you need something fast," reports Bobby Taylor of Michigan City, Indiana. The nutritious stir-fry features tender shrimp, fresh spinach and a package of convenient frozen vegetables.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and pepper; set aside., In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and celery in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach and mixed vegetables; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until spinach is tender. , Stir broth mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 91mg cholesterol, Sodium 732mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Rinse thoroughly, pat dry and coat with cornstarch (do this in a small plastic bag, a few shrimp at a time).
- Peel and smash the garlic.
- Rinse the black beans under hot water, then drain well.
- In separate bowls, combine the First and Second Sauces so they are ready to be added.
- Cook the shrimp in boiling salted (1 tsp) water for 30-40 seconds.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Place on a platter.
- Heat a wok and add the oil.
- Heat for 15 seconds, then add the ginger slices.
- Stir until lightly browned, then add the garlic.
- Stir until lightly browned.
- Remove and discard both.
- Add the salted beans, stir for 10 seconds, then add the ground pork or beef.
- Stir vigorously to mix and break up the meat.
- Cook until the meat is no longer pink and add the green onions.
- Stir another 30 seconds, add the shrimp, and stir to mix well.
- Mix the First Sauce quickly and pour down the side of the wok, stirring all the while.
- Shovel the contents of the wok to one side.
- Mix the Second Sauce quickly and pour down the vacated side of the wok.
- Stir to thicken with the point of the spatula.
- Mix with the shrimp.
- Reduce the heat.
- Pour the beaten egg over the shrimp.
- Allow to set for 15 seconds then fold in slowly until soft threads appear.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Remove to a platter and serve immediately.
CRISPY SHRIMP OR CALAMARI WITH CHINESE NOODLES AND SPICY GARLIC SAUCE
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. In a wok or deep, heavy saucepan, heat about 3 inches of peanut oil. (The oil must be very hot, about 375 degrees F.)
- Make the sauce: In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Over medium-high heat, saute the garlic just until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sugar and continue to saute until the garlic begins to caramelize, 1 or 2 minutes longer. Deglaze the pan with the rice wine, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Add the carrots, haricots verts, and 2 ounces of the green onion, reserving 1 ounce as garnish. Stir in the chili sauce and continue to cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, add salt to the boiling water and cook the noodles until they are al dente. Drain the noodles well and stir them into the sauce until they are well coated.
- Season the shrimp or calamari with salt and pepper and toss with the flour to coat lightly. Deep-fry the shrimp or calamari in small batches until golden, 1 or 2 minutes. (The easiest way to do this is to use a fine-mesh basket or strainer. Place the shrimp or calamari in the basket and gently ease the basket into the oil.) Drain on clean paper towels.
- To serve, divide the noodles and vegetables among 4 large warm plates. Arrange the shrimp or calamari over and around each portion and garnish with the remaining green onions. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the noodles and serve immediately.
- Prepare an ice bath. Separate the garlic into cloves and remove the ends of each clove. Fill a small saucepan with water. Salt lightly and bring to a boil. Carefully drop the whole cloves into the water and blanch for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking process. Repeat the process. Drain the garlic and dry it well. The peels should slip off easily. Cut the garlic into slices and use as needed.
CANTONESE STYLE PORK AND SHRIMP DUMPLINGS
I love dumplings and have come up with this recipe using all ingredients that I like. The dumplings consist of pork, shrimp, watercress, water chestnuts, and assorted seasonings, and they are absolutely delicious!
Provided by Vivian Lee
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, watercress, water chestnuts, green onion, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, ground white pepper and salt and mix together well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful of this filling onto each dumpling skin. Place 1 shrimp on the filling, slightly wet the edge of the dumpling skin, fold over and pinch with your fingers to form a seal all the way around.
- To cook: Pan fry the dumplings in a large skillet over medium heat with oil for 15 minutes, turning over halfway through OR Place them in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and serve in hot chicken broth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.1 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 402.4 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
CANTONESE STIR-FRIED LOVER'S SHRIMP
Shrimp with two different flavors, divided in half on a serving platter, makes a striking presentation and can be very romantic.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Peel and devein shrimps if necessary; rinse and drain.
- Combine ingredients for marinade; add shrimp, allowing to sit at least 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare seasoning sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim ends off snow peas; parboil and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; stir-fry the snow peas for a few moments, until crisp-tender.
- Season with salt, and place in the center of serving platter.
- Heat 8 tbsp oil in wok; add shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp change color and curl; remove shrimp with a strainer; drain shrimp and set aside.
- Drain all oil from wok except 1 tbsp ;stir-fry chopped scallions and minced ginger for a few seconds until fragrance is released; then stir in shrimp.
- Pour in seasoning sauce, stirring thoroughly.
- Remove half of shrimp and place them to one side of the platter.
- Add the 3 tbsp ketchup to the shrimp remaining in wok and stir briskly.
- Remove those shrimp, placing them on the other side of the platter.
- (optional: add 1 1/2 tsp. chile paste to the ketchup to go on one side for a spicy contrast) Serve hot with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.8, Fat 3.3, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 890.7, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 5.1, Protein 26
More about "cantonese shrimp recipes"
CANTONESE STYLE BLACK BEAN SHRIMP (PRAWNS) - HONG KONG …
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Main DishCalories 386 per serving
- Begin by peeling and cleaning all the shrimp. Place them in a bowl and add the rice wine, salt, chili flakes, and garlic.
- In a high walled pan on high heat add the oil along with the bell pepper, onion, and ginger. Stir and toss the pan so the ginger doesn't burn. Once you see the vegetables get a little char on the edges you can add the shrimp + shrimp marinade
- Toss the pan so the shrimp aren't bunched up and the marinade mixes with the vegetables. After about 20 seconds pour in the black bean sauce. Stir the pan. Once the sauce comes to temperature and bubbles it will thicken and you should turn off the heat.
MAKE SHRIMP CHOW MEIN (CANTONESE STYLE) IN LESS THAN …
CANTONESE SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY - MEDITERRASIAN
SHRIMP CANTONESE (AKA SHRIMP IN LOBSTER SAUCE) - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine ChineseCategory Main Dish
CANTONESE SHRIMP SALAD BOWL - THE JOURNEY GIRL
CHINESE GARLIC SHRIMP | LOVEFOODIES
RECIPE: CANTONESE SHRIMP FRIED RICE (GORDON RAMSEY RECIPE ...
STEAM SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (蒜蓉粉絲蒸蝦) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
SIMPLE CANTONESE CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - CORIANDER CORNER
CANTONESE SHRIMP SCRAMBLE (蝦仁炒蛋) - VINCCI TSUI
CANTONESE RICE & SHRIMP - CAT CAN COOK
CANTONESE-STYLE WHITE BOILED SHRIMP | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
CANTONESE PEPPER AND SALTY SHRIMP RECIPE | GOOP
SZECHUAN SHRIMP: AUTHENTIC RECIPE! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CANTONESE-STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH SHRIMP (滑蛋虾仁)
14 BEST CHINESE SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
REFRESHING CANTONESE STYLE FRUIT AND SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE
CANTONESE SKEWERED SHRIMP - RECIPE | KING AND PRINCE SEAFOOD
CANTONESE SCRAMBLED EGGS & SHRIMP (滑蛋蝦仁) | MADE WITH LAU
CANTONESE-STYLE STIR-FRIED SHRIMP | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED RECIPE
SHRIMP CANTONESE - BIGOVEN.COM
SHRIMP CANTONESE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
WALNUT SHRIMP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CANTONESE SHRIMP CHOW MEIN - SUEANDGAMBO.COM
THE CANTONESE SHRIMP DUMPLINGS | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CANTONESE-STYLE SHRIMP STIR FRY - STEVEN AND CHRIS
CANTONESE SHUMAI RECIPE 烧卖 IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS
CANTONESE FRIED SHRIMP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CANTONESE STIRFRY PRAWN/SHRIMP IN SAUCE (HAR LOK) RECIPE
CANTONESE SPICY SHRIMP WITH BRAISED LETTUCE RECIPE
CANTONESE SHUMAI (SIU MAI, 燒賣) - HEALTHY NIBBLES BY LISA LIN
PAN-FRIED SHRIMPS WITH SOY SAUCE- HOW TO MAKE IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
CANTONESE SHRIMP TOAST RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHINESE SHRIMP WONTON SOUP - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SHRIMP & EGG - CANTONESE STYLE STIR FRY - COOK WITH DANA
THOUSAND ISLAND SHRIMP (千島蝦) | MEMORABLE DISHES
CANTONESE BRAISED FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #pork #seafood #dinner-party #shrimp #one-dish-meal #meat #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make Cantonese shrimp?CANTONESE FRIED SHRIMP. In a bowl or blender, combine flour, 3/4 cup cornstarch, sesame oil, salt, white pepper, soy sauce, and eggs. Blend until smooth, adding cold water as necessary to make a smooth, medium-thick batter. In a deep saucepan, place enough oil to come 2-inches up the side of the pan.
How do you cook shrimp in a wok with sauce?Stir vigorously to mix and break up the meat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and add the green onions. Stir another 30 seconds, add the shrimp, and stir to mix well. Mix the First Sauce quickly and pour down the side of the wok, stirring all the while.
How to cook Shrimp noodles for stir fry?In a bowl, add the shrimp, salt, 1 pinch white pepper, sesameseed oil, 1/2 egg white, 1.5 Tablespoon corn starch,1 Tablespoon of oil and mix together. In a 6 qt pot add your noodles to boiling water until the noodles are submerged and boil on high heat for 10 Seconds. Pan fry the noodles in a wok on medium heat until they are nice and golden brown.
How to cook Chinese shrimp with mushrooms?Soak the dried Chinese mushroom in water. When the mushrooms turn soft, cut them into small dice. Remove the shell of the shrimp, clean, and devein. Marinate the shrimp meat with one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of baking soda for 5 minutes. Wash away the salt and baking soda under running water until the water runs clear.