CHEDDAR & HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD
Hazelnuts and cheese are perfect together - rustle up these savoury shortbread biscuits with just five ingredients. They make a great mid-afternoon snack
Provided by Diana Henry
Categories Side dish, Snack
Yield Makes 40 biscuits
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blitz 85g of the hazelnuts in a food processor until ground. Cut the rest of the hazelnuts in half.
- Pulse the ground hazelnuts, butter, flour, cheddar, ½ tsp salt and the egg in the food processor a few times. Don't pulse for too long - you want the mixture to look like breadcrumbs rather than coming together in a ball. Tip the mixture onto a large piece of cling film and, using the cling film to shape it, mould it into a ball, then leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pull off chunks of the dough - about a tablespoon at a time - and roll each piece into a ball. Place on a baking sheet and flatten each biscuit to around 3.5cm across, leaving room between each one. Push 3-4 hazelnut halves into each biscuit. Cook for 10 mins, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack. Will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
We have several acres of hazelnut trees here in the Willamette Valley, where the climate is perfect for this crop. Harvesttime is a big family event with everyone pitching in to help. I try to incorporate this wonderful flavorful nut into our recipes, and this cookie is always a hit. -Karen Morrell, Canby, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in nuts. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. , Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. , In separate microwave-safe bowls, melt candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 75mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ESPRESSO, HAZELNUT & CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
These biscuits are the perfect blend of rich coffee, dark chocolate and toasted nuts. Simple to make, they're ideal if you're sharing a cuppa with friends
Provided by Diana Henry
Categories Snack, Treat
Yield makes 20
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the espresso powder with 1 tsp hot water to form a paste (you'll think it isn't enough water but it is - don't add more otherwise it'll be too watery). Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until soft and blended, then beat in the coffee mixture. Don't overbeat the mixture as you don't want to incorporate too much air. (If the coffee isn't completely incorporated, don't worry - it will be once you add the flours).
- Sift together the flours and add them to the butter in three lots, mixing in with a wooden spoon and, eventually, your hands. Bring together into a ball, then transfer to a lightly floured surface and quickly knead in the hazelnuts. Don't overdo this - you don't want the butter to get too warm. Press the dough into a circle, wrap it in cling film and put in the fridge for about 40 mins.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 0.75cm thick. Cut out circles about 6cm across with a biscuit cutter and put the circles on a non-stick baking sheet (or two baking sheets, depending on their size). Re-roll the dough as you need to, but try not to do this too often. Put the baking sheets in the coldest part of the fridge and leave them for about 45 mins. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Bake the shortbread for 20 mins, or until the top is just firm when you press it with your index finger. Take out of the oven and leave on the baking sheets to cool for a while (it is very fragile when hot), then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, then remove the bowl and leave to cool a little and rm up somewhat. Dip each piece of shortbread halfway in the melted chocolate, then put on a sheet of baking parchment. Sprinkle the toasted hazelnuts on the chocolate half and leave to set completely. Will keep for 4 days in an airtight tin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
CHOCOLATE DIPPED HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts on baking sheet. Bake until they're a shade darker and fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts in blender or food processor and pulse to coarse bits; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to blend; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add the chopped hazelnuts and mix until distributed evenly throughout.
- Form into long cookies and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake until firm, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- In a saucepan over lowest heat or in a double boiler, melt chocolate. Dip 1 end of cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet to harden.
ITALIAN HAZELNUT ESPRESSO SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend flour, brown sugar, cornstarch, 1 tablespoon espresso powder and salt in processor. Add butter and vanilla. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add nuts; blend until finely chopped. Transfer dough to floured work surface. Knead just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half. Press each half into 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Bake until deep golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer shortbread to rack; cool 2 minutes. Remove pan sides.
- Cut each shortbread round into 24 wedges. Cool completely.
- Mix 2 tablespoons hot water and remaining 1 teaspoon espresso powder in small saucepan. Add chocolate. Stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is smooth. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Drizzle chocolate mixture over cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets. (Can be prepared ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month.)
More about "cappuccino hazelnut shortbread recipes"
COFFEE HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES | VEGAN RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- In a food processor, add butter and sugar. Pulse to combine, pausing to scrape down sides as needed, until fully combined and softened, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add flour, ground hazelnuts, ground coffee, and vanilla extract. Pulse until a dough is formed, about 30 seconds.
HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES, WHAT'S COOKING AMERICA
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 35 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk maple syrup and vanilla extract together; add to butter mixture, scraping down sides of bowl. Mix in flour just until blended; add hazelnuts.
- With a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-in slices and place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. If you desire, roll dough out on a lightly floured board and use cookie cutters to cut desires shapes.
HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - JULIA'S ALBUM
4.9/5 (12)Total Time 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 63 per serving
- Toast raw hazelnuts at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Cool the nuts to room temperature, then husk them by rubbing a handful of hazelnuts between your hands. This should do a pretty good job of getting rid of most of the skins. Some will remain – that’s OK.
- To make finely ground nuts, place toasted and husked hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar into food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour and a pinch of salt to the food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and process until dough forms, scraping the sides of the food processor bowl with spatula if necessary. The dough will be soft.
- On a flour-dusted surface, roll dough into 2 logs, each about 1 inch wide. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and place wrapped cookie dough in the freezer for 30 minutes, then in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
ESPRESSO HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE VIEW FROM …
3.5/5 (55)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor (you can also use a hand mixer, or your hands) mix together the flour, sugar and hazelnuts.
HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
Total Time 13 mins
TOASTED HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES | WILL COOK FOR FRIENDS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
PECAN SHORTBREAD RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.5/5 (21)Category DessertsServings 24Total Time 4 hrs
HAZELNUT BISCUITS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 12Category Snack
HAZELNUT COFFEE TURTLE BARS ⋆ THE DESSERTIVORE
Servings 16Category Dessert
21 HAZELNUT DESSERTS TO MAKE ASAP | ALLRECIPES
HEADCOUNT HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD LATTE | RECIPE | TORANI
RECIPE: HAZELNUT CAPPUCCINO COOKIES - RECIPELINK.COM
Board All Baking at Recipelink.comFrom Betsy at Recipelink.com, 12-10-2011Category Desserts-Cookies, Brownies, BarsTitle Recipe
HAZELNUT AND ESPRESSO SHORTBREAD RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 80Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dessert
HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 451 per serving
COFFEE SHORTBREAD - PANERA AT HOME RECIPES & MEAL IDEAS
Cuisine AmericanCategory Crowd PleasersServings 24Total Time 30 mins
HAZELNUT ESPRESSO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MY COOKIE JOURNEY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 27 minsCategory Cookies, No-Eggs, NutsCalories 177 per serving
ESPRESSO AND HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD - RACHEL BAKES AT HOME
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Reduced-Guilt Treats
SPIKED CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT LATTES RECIPE | PC.CA
RUSTIC SHORTBREAD & COFFEE HAZELNUT MEAL BISCUITS (COOKIES ...
HAZELNUT SHORTBREAD: A SUPER EASY BAKE | TIN AND THYME
BEST COFFEE TOFFEE SHORTBREAD RECIPE (BEGINNER RECIPE ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #european #fall #holiday-event #winter #cookies-and-brownies #scottish #gifts #christmas #seasonal #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the flavor of a hazelnut shortbread cookie?The cookies have the consistency of crumbly, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread, with a distinctive hazelnut flavor. Perfect to serve as a little dessert alongside a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of milk. It's a highly unassuming cookie, very easy to make - just make sure to chill the dough before baking, and you should be all set.
How long to bake espresso hazelnut shortbread cookies?Slice the dough into 1/3 to 1/2 inch slices. Bake in the center of the oven for about 12 minutes. Cool on the pan briefly before finishing on a rack. When the cookies are completely cool, melt the chocolate for about a minute in the microwave stirring until completely smooth, then drizzle or dunk the shortbread.
How do you make finely ground hazelnuts in a food processor?To make finely ground nuts, place toasted and husked hazelnuts and ¼ cup sugar into food processor and process until finely ground. Add ¾ cup and 2 tablespoons of flour and a pinch of salt to the food processor and pulse to combine.
What kind of desserts can you make with hazelnuts?Try one of these recipes using ground, whole, and roasted hazelnuts. From fudgy Double Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies and Nutella Brownies to creamy Hazelnut and Chipped Chocolate Cheesecake and Hazelnut Gelato, there is a decadent hazelnut dessert for every occasion in this collection.