UPSIDE-DOWN APPLE PECAN PIE
This is by far the best apple pie I've ever had, and anyone who likes apple pie who has tried it agrees, this is a wonderful variation of an all-American favorite. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by TJ4GOD721
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a 9 inch deep-dish pie pan, combine pecans, brown sugar and margarine; spread into a single layer. Roll out dough, and place bottom crust over pecan mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into crust in pan. Top with second crust. Fold edges of crust over, and flute to seal edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Place pan on foil or cookie sheet during baking to guard against spillage. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Cool pie in pan for 5 minutes. Place serving plate over pie, and flip to invert, being careful not to come in contact with molten sugar. If some of the nuts stick to the pan, remove them with a knife, and place on pie. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
CARAMEL-PECAN APPLE PIE
You'll love the smell in your kitchen-and the smiles on everybody's faces-when you make this scrumptious caramel apple pie recipe. It takes me back home to Virginia and being at my granny's table. -Jean Castro, Phoenix, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling., In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and vanilla. Mix pecans, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch; add to apples and toss to combine., Spread caramel topping onto bottom of crust. Fill with apple mixture. Drizzle with butter. , For streusel topping, mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling., Bake on a lower oven rack until filling is bubbly, 65-75 minutes. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream and additional caramel topping.
CARAMEL APPLE PIE
- For the perfect spiced pie crust: Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. Add the butter and vegetable shortening. Work the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles tiny pebbles. Add the white vinegar, egg and 5 tablespoons cold water and stir until just combined.
- Form 2 equal-sized balls. Place each in a large plastic bag (do not seal) and slightly flatten with a rolling pin; this makes it much easier to roll out the crust later. After flattening, seal the bag tightly. Place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove 1 bag of dough from the freezer (save the other dough for another use), remove the dough from the bag and place it on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough starting at the center and working outward. Be gentle and patient; it'll take a little time to get the dough completely rolled out. If you think the bottom is really sticking to the surface below while rolling, use a metal spatula to loosen it. When fully rolled out, loosen again with a spatula and lift the pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan (or you can roll the pastry over the rolling pin, lift it onto the pie pan and unroll it). Gently press the dough against the corner of the pan and tear off any excess dough. Then tuck under the edges and go around the pie pan pinching the dough to crimp the edge.
- For the pie filling: In a bowl, mix the apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, flour and salt. Set aside.
- For the crumb topping: Cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter, then add in the brown sugar, oats and salt.
- Add the apples to the prepared pie shell and top with the crumb topping. Bake for 1 hour, covering the edge of the crust with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. After an hour, sprinkle the chopped pecans over the pie, then bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and pour 1/2 jar (or more, if you're feeling dangerous and naughty) of caramel topping over the top. Allow to cool slightly before serving - or don't if you can't wait!
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE
I have made this pie quite a lot. I originally got the recipe from a very old farm Journal cook book from my Mom. I have changed the recipe slightly through the years. The buttery, sugar Pecan bottom sets this pie above others. It is really yummy! Use your crust of choice, and enjoy!
Provided by Nor Mac
Categories Fruit Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree's. Toast Pecans in sheet pan until browned. about 10-15 min. remove from oven to cool. Perl apples cut each in to 16 slices. Toss in lemon juice. Place in a pan. Add 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the rest of dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Melt butter for caramel bottom. Add the brown sugar. Spread on bottom of crust. Sprinkle pecans over it.
- 4. Pour cooled apples over the Pecans. Sprinkle dry sugar mixture over the apples. sprinkle
- 5. Cover with top crust. cut vents in crust or make a weave top.
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degree's . Reduce oven temp to 350 degree's. bake additional 45 minutes, or until nicely browned, and apples are tender.cool and serve!
CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE
I have been making this pie for my family for years. When my son was young, he would ask me to make "caramel apples in a pie".
Provided by Bayhill
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour into the bottom of the pie crust; spread to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over butter and cover with chopped pecans.
- Place apple slices in pie crust over the nuts and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle with water and dot apple slices with additional butter.
- Place top crust over apples and flute edges.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes.
- If fluted edges start to get too dark, cover with foil.
CARAMELIZED-APPLE AND PECAN PIE
- For crust:
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor 5 seconds. Add butter. Using on/off turns, blend until butter is reduced to small pea-size pieces. Add 4 tablespoons orange juice. Blend, using on/off turns, until moist clumps form, adding more juice by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 14-inch round. Transfer to 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Cut off all but 1/2 inch of dough overhang. Fold dough edge under and crimp decoratively, forming high-standing rim. Freeze 10 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate crust.
- Brush inside of crust with enough beaten egg white to coat.
- For apples:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk brown sugar and butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until butter melts, sugar dissolves, and mixture comes to boil. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Arrange apples, rounded side down, in syrup. Bake 15 minutes; turn over. Bake until just tender, about 20 minutes longer. Transfer apples to paper towels to cool slightly. Whisk syrup in skillet until smooth. Cool slightly and reserve. Maintain oven temperature.
- For filling:
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in small bowl. Place eggs in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in reserved syrup from apples. Add corn syrup, vanilla, and sugar mixture; whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into crust. Arrange apples, rounded side up, atop filling.
- Bake pie until filling is set in center, covering edges with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover loosely with foil and let stand at room temperature.
CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE
- Whisk 2 1/2 cups flour and salt together in a bowl. Cut in shortening with 2 knives or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until flour mixture is moistened and dough comes together. Do not add more water than you need. Divide the dough in half and shape into 2 balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie pan with wax paper.
- Melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour to form a paste. Stir in 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until filling mixture is thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a separate saucepan over low heat. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Spread pecan mixture evenly onto lined pie pan. Roll out one ball of dough; line pie pan over pecan mixture. Toss apples with filling mixture; pour into pie plate. Roll out second ball of dough and place over apple filling. Crimp edges of bottom and top crusts together. Cut several small slits into top crust to vent. Place pie on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Place a serving plate gently over pie and carefully flip to invert, being careful not to come in contact with molten sugar. Peel off waxed paper; cool for 1 hour.
CARAMEL PECAN PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool until filling is firm.
More about "caramel apple pecan pie recipes"
CARAMEL-PECAN-APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
2010-01-06 · Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Immediately after removing pie from oven, drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with …
BEST CARAMEL APPLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CARAMEL ...
2020-11-11 · Add apples to prepared pie shell and top with crumb topping. Cover crust edges with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from crust and place back …
- Set aside. For crumb topping, cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter, then add in brown sugar, oats, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, CARAMEL APPLE ...
Oct 28, 2016 - This caramel apple pecan streusel pie tastes as good as it looks! It's loaded with apples, topped with crunchy peach streusel and homemade caramel sauce.
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN STREUSEL PIE | BAKED BY AN INTROVERT®
2019-07-29 · Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes This Caramel Apple Pecan Streusel Pie tastes as good as it looks! This pie is loaded with apples, topped with a crunchy peach streusel, and drizzled with homemade caramel sauce. It’s too good to stop at one slice!
A NOTE FROM KATE: CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE - THE FABLETICS BLOG
2013-11-26 · Invert the pastry over 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie pan, center, and peel off the paper. Tuck the pastry into the pan, without stretching it, and sculpt the edge into an upstanding ridge. Scatter the caramel pieces in the pie shell and place in the freezer while …
PECAN CARAMEL APPLE PIE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
2021-06-28 · Homemade Caramel Apple Pie is a classic apple pie recipe with a pecan caramel twist! Sweet, fresh apples are tossed with a lovely spice blend, then topped with a Dutch crumble topping. Don’t forget the caramel drizzle! This caramel apple pecan pie …
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE RECIPE
1996-01-28 · Preheat oven to 375℉ (190℃).. Ease 1 round of pastry into a 9-inch pan. In a large bowl, toss together apples, pecans, sugar, caramels, flour and milk. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE BY ESTES PARK PIE SHOP - GOLDBELLY
This sweet caramel apple pecan pie is a multiple Blue Ribbon winner! Granny Smith apples and cinnamon are combined with brown sugar and oat crumble topping, drizzled with caramel, and chopped pecans make this a pie to remember. Since 2006, husband-wife team Rick and Val Thompson have been baking pies from scratch using recipes and techniques passed down from generations ago. Each of …
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PREPARE FAVORITE CARAMEL APPLE PECAN ...
2021-07-24 · Before you jump to Caramel Apple Pecan Pumpkin Protein Pie Individual, ... clean recipe. To cook caramel apple pecan pumpkin protein pie individual, clean you only need 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that. The ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Pecan Pumpkin Protein Pie Individual, Clean: Get of Pie. You need 1/2 cup of Pure pumpkin purée. Use 1/2 of Scoop …
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2006-10-05 · Replace apple slices into pot without heat and add margarine, cinnamon, sugar, caramel, and pecans. Stir slowly until all margarine is melted and other ingredients are well blended. Take 2 pie baking dishes and spray with no-stick spray until well coated. Open and unroll pie shells and place inside the pie dish; trim off excess with a sharp knife.
CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2005-02-15 · Home > Recipes > Pies > Caramel Pecan Apple Pie. Printer-friendly version. CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE : 15 oz. pkg. Pillsbury all ready pie crusts, or make your own 1 tsp. flour. FILLING: 6 c. thinly sliced peeled apples 3/4 c. sugar 1/4 c. flour 1/4 tsp. salt 2 tbsp. butter. GLAZE: 1/3 c. Kraft caramel topping 2-4 tbsp. chopped pecans. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for two ...
See details »
CINNAMON CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
2015-11-23 · Instructions. Preheat oven to 375 (190C) Put all dry topping ingredients, except coconut butter, into a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add coconut butter and pulse to combine. To make caramel, place all ingredients in a small pot. Whisk over medium heat until you get a rolling boil.
See details »
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2019-05-10 · Pastry for double pie crust Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Toss apples with sugar mixture. Turn into 9 inch pastry shell.
See details »
APPLE-PECAN BOURBON-CARAMEL PIE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
2020-04-15 · Allow apples to cool slightly, then scrape into pre-baked pie crust. For the Pecan Bourbon-Caramel: While apples are cooling, place granulated sugar, butter, heavy cream, corn syrup, maple syrup, bourbon, molasses, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until ingredients are fully combined, about 2 minutes.
See details »
CARAMEL-PECAN APPLE PIE RECIPE
Caramel-pecan apple pie recipe. Learn how to cook great Caramel-pecan apple pie . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Caramel-pecan apple pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Caramel-pecan apple pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 100% Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie Tasteofhome.com You'll love ...
See details »
MOUTHWATERING CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE IN 9 EASY STEPS ...
2017-10-25 · Directions for Mouthwatering Caramel Pecan Apple Pie 1. Step 1 – Make the Filling Mix. Mix your filling of brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and salt.
See details »
CARAMEL APPLE PECAN PIE RECIPE | BAKEPEDIA
2013-09-20 · Invert the pastry over a 9½-inch deep-dish pie pan, center, and peel off the paper. Tuck the pastry into the pan, without stretching it, and sculpt the edge into an upstanding ridge. Scatter the caramel pieces in the pie shell and place in the freezer while …
See details »
CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE RECIPE
Caramel pecan apple pie recipe. Learn how to cook great Caramel pecan apple pie . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Caramel pecan apple pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Caramel pecan apple pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 100% Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie Tasteofhome.com You'll love ...
See details »