CARAMELIZED ONION AND CHEESE TOASTS
These Hors D'Oeuvres are such great tasting appetizers, everyone will simply love them', I'm sure you will have to double or maybe even triple the recipe to keep everyone happy!!
Provided by Chef mariajane
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8 hors d'oeurvres
Number Of Ingredients 6
- CROSTINI TOASTS:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Arrange the bread on 2 large baking sheets, and brush each slice on both sides with the olive oil. Bake for about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- The toasts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- CARAMELIZED ONIONS:.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the onion, season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the water and cook until it has evaporated and the onion is very tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Arrange the Crostini Toasts on a baking sheet and top each with a slice of cheese. Bake for about 4 minutes, or just until the cheese melts. Top with the caramelized onion and serve.
- The caramelized onion can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 5 days. Let the onions return to room temperature before using it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.2, Fat 10.1, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 0.6, Carbohydrate 0.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 0.1
CARAMELIZED ONIONS TARTLETS
- In a saute pan heat oil. Add onions and cook on medium heat, stirring often, until onions are golden brown (15 minutes). Let onion cool.
- In a bowl combine, yogurt, parmesan cheese and herbs mix well. Add cooled onions.
- Spoon 1 healthy teaspoon per phyllo cup and bake tartlets 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 12.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.6 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 9.2 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
CARAMELIZED ONION TOPPING
The choices are endless...serve this as a topping for sandwiches or burgers, brats or hot dogs as well as steak.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook and stir for 15 minutes or until moisture from onions has evaporated and onions are completely wilted., Reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle vinegar over onions. Cook and stir for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in brown sugar; cook and stir for 15-20 minutes longer or until onions are a caramel brown color. , If onions begin to stick to skillet, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until onions no longer stick to skillet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 104mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TOASTED BLUE CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED ONION SANDWICHES
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook until just beginning to color, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Add sugar and cook until onions are deep golden brown and very soft, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in vinegar and raisins. Season caramelized onions to taste with salt and pepper. Cool. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Arrange 4 bread slices on work surface. Top with cheese, dividing equally. Top each with 1/4 cup caramelized onions. Top with remaining bread slices to form 4 sandwiches. Spread half of butter over tops of sandwiches. Heat heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches, buttered side down. Spread remaining butter over tops of bread. Partially cover and cook until bottoms are brown, about 3 minutes. Turn sandwiches over. Cook until second sides brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Cut each sandwich into 6 wedges.
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence. Served these wonderful tidbits and they were gone in no time flat! Anything with onions is a go for me!
Provided by Manami
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, chopped anchovies, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until the onions are sweet and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, holding the knife parallel to the cutting board, shave off the rounded top and bottom of the baguette with a serrated knife so that it lies flat.
- Then cut the baguette in half lengthwise to make 2 long slices of bread.
- Brush both sides of each with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- When the onions are cooked, put the bread slices on a baking sheet and spread with the onions.
- Garnish with olives, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread is crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Shower with Parmigiano.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions: store bought Italian cured meats.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379, Fat 18.7, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 42.4, Sodium 602.6, Carbohydrate 45.3, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 2.5, Protein 8
More about "caramelized onion toasts recipes"
CARAMELISED ONION CHEESE TOASTIES - PINCH OF NOM
CARAMELIZED ONION AND MUSHROOM TEXAS TOAST PIZZA …
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS | FOOD NETWORK SHOWS, …
BOLETUS EDULIS AND CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS - CELINE'S …
CARAMELIZED ONION FRENCH LENTILS AND CHEESY TOAST.
CARAMELIZED ONION TOAST – THE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT …
HOW TO CARAMELIZE ONIONS IN THE OVEN - JAMIE GELLER
HOW TO CARAMELIZE ONIONS | ALLRECIPES
CHEESY TOASTS WITH CARAMELISED BALSAMIC ONIONS …
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
Category AppetizerTotal Time 30 mins
CARAMELIZED ONION SPINACH SAVORY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE …
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP - HEARTLANDCOOKING.COM
25+ CARAMELIZED ONION RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS – RECIPES NETWORK
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CARAMELIZED ONION AND CHEESE TOASTS - BIGOVEN.COM
CARAMELIZED ONION AND CHEESE TOASTS RECIPE - FOOD
CARAMELIZED ONION & GOAT CHEESE TOAST RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
CARAMELIZED ONIONS ON TOAST WITH SOY SAUCE - CTV
SYN FREE CARAMELIZED ONION FETA CRISPY TOASTS | SLIMMING WORLD
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS - SIDE DISH RECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRUYèRE TOASTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND SHERRY RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION SPREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS - PLAIN.RECIPES
TOASTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND CHEESE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CARNATION® | TOAST CUPS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION FILLING
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BALSAMIC MUSHROOM TOAST - UPBEET ANISHA
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, HOLIDAY ...
CARAMELIZED ONION TOASTS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, FOOD ...
HOW TO CARAMELIZE ONIONS - FEASTING AT HOME
CARAMELIZED ONION TOAST RECIPE BY ISHA N LALIT AT BETTERBUTTER
CARAMELIZED ONION-AND-CRANBERRY CHEESE TOASTS - BETTER HOMES …
CHEESE & CARAMELISED ONION TOAST - BAXTERS
CARAMELIZED ONION TOAST RECIPE BY ISHA N LALIT AT BETTERBUTTER
THE BEST CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPES WE CAN FIND
ONION CONFIT ON GARLIC TOASTS RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #spreads #dietary #onions #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are caramelized onions and how do you use them?Just about any recipe instantly becomes tastier with caramelized onions. Caramelized onions add a subtle sweetness that pairs well with ingredients like beef and pasta. Whether you use them in a soup or a side dish, the onions create a depth of flavor.
What are the best ways to use onions?Whether you use them in a soup or a side dish, the onions create a depth of flavor. Recipes like Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Toast and Caramelized Onion & Apple Stuffing are healthy, flavorful and a great way to use this affordable vegetable.
What kind of apples are used for caramelized onions?Caramelized onions are a sweet and savory addition to this healthy stuffing recipe. Choose an apple that becomes tender yet holds its shape when cooked--try Jonagold or Cortland. As these onion halves cook, the balsamic mixture becomes syrupy and caramelizes the onions, giving them a bronzed caramel color and a luscious, rich flavor.